Author Topic: Rubik’s World to be Released on Wii and DS  (Read 1882 times)

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
Rubik’s World to be Released on Wii and DS
« on: May 02, 2008, 11:09:14 AM »
Based on the Rubik’s Cube license, Rubik's World is slated to release this fall.
 http://nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=15897

The Game Factory announced that Rubik's World is being developed exclusively for Wii and DS. Rubik's World is a 3D puzzle game that "keep the Rubik’s Cube[‘s] core values alive."    

Featuring online play across the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, both versions will allow players to connect to a community of Rubik's World players. The Wii version will support up to 4 players and will also feature an online message board.    

Rubik's World will be available this Fall for both Wii and DS at $39.99 and $29.99 respectively.    

THE GAME FACTORY SNATCHES RUBIK’S CUBE FOR THE NINTENDO DSâ„¢ AND WIIâ„¢ SYSTEMS AND SECURES LICENSING AGREEMENT WITH SEVEN TOWNS LIMITED    

New 3D Puzzle Games Allow Players to Step 'Inside' the Iconic Rubik’s Cube  SANTA MONICA, Calif. – May 01, 2008 – The Game Factory, an international publisher of family-friendly and casual videogames, today announced it has signed a licensing agreement with Seven Towns Limited to publish Rubik's World, a 3D puzzle game experience for the Nintendo Wiiâ„¢ and DSâ„¢ systems, both inspired by the Rubik’s Cube.    

"The Rubik’s Cube is one of the most well known icons in the gaming and entertainment industry," said Henrik Mathiasen, president of the Game Factory. "We’re honored that Seven Towns Limited has chosen us to take the Rubik’s experience to the next level with Rubik’s World. We feel confident that we have created a concept for the whole family that is innovative, challenging and addictive, offering a new twist in the puzzle genre while keeping the Rubik's Cube core values alive."    

"We’re pleased to be working with the Game Factory to enhance the Rubik's brand with Rubik's World," said David Hedley Jones, for Seven Towns Limited, a London-based company that has introduced hundreds of successful original games and toys throughout the world in the past 35 years. "We’re confident that everybody will enjoy this video game experience."    

Step Inside the Cube with Rubik's World    

For those who have always wondered what the inside of a Rubik's Cube looks like, the Game Factory will deliver Rubik's World in the Fall of 2008. Designed for players aged eight and older, this otherworldly game will look and play like no other game on the market. A collection of extremely addictive, easy-to-play puzzle games will increase in difficulty as the player delves deeper into this 3D world. Each version of Rubik's World will host its own unique and original series of games. Players will test their brainpower by constructing 3D shapes and objects, navigating through mazes and even creating their own soundtracks. The DSâ„¢ version will allow players to connect to a community of Rubik's World enthusiasts through the platform’s wireless connection. The Wiiâ„¢ version accommodates up to four players and will feature an online message board.    

Rubik's World for the Nintendo Wiiâ„¢ and DSâ„¢ Quick Facts:    

Release Date: Fall 2008
  Platform: Nintendo Wiiâ„¢ and DSâ„¢
  Rating: RP
  Developer: Two Tribes
  Publisher: The Game Factory
  Suggested Retail Price: $39.99 for the Wiiâ„¢$29.99 for the DSâ„¢
  Genre: Puzzle

Check out PixlBit!

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
Re: Rubik’s World to be Released on Wii and DS
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 10:16:21 AM »
Well I guess we'll see how this one turns out. N'Gai Croal seemed to be pretty excited, so maybe it's alright...
Check out PixlBit!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 11:47:24 AM »
lol strikethrough.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 02:12:05 PM »
Man...I'm still waiting for the original Rubik's Cube to drop in price.  $10 is just asking too much.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 02:57:59 PM »
Rubik's World is a 3D puzzle game that "keep the Rubik’s Cube[‘s] core values alive." will bring in pure profit

fixed
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 03:11:59 PM »
Could this be a better version of Tetrisphere? That's all I really want...
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.