Author Topic: Project Cafe & Pre-E3 HYPE Thread  (Read 102864 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Project Cafe & Pre-E3 HYPE Thread
« Reply #325 on: June 02, 2011, 01:20:55 PM »
Does IGN know something we don't or just trying to build HYPE?
http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1171600p1.html
Stay tuned to IGN as Tuesday, June 7 approaches. You'll want to be glued to your computer starting at 9am PST. Trust me.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 02, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »
I voted no, but lied. I would love an HD DK Returns port, and for the rest of you blokes without any shake control.

IGN always knows something.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 03, 2011, 12:26:46 AM »
http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1172273p3.html
Remember how Super Smash Bros. Brawl and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword were first revealed? Not at Nintendo's press conferences for those years.

This year, expect to hear news outside of the press conference. Not only in the form of impressions, videos and a few interviews, but I would make sure you're checking the IGN Nintendo sites on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. I will have live blogs fired up

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2011, 01:02:05 AM »
The Water Pack did one big thing for me in Sunshine, it allowed for me to adjust my jump in 3D.  Lets face it 3D adds the Camera and the Camera makes platforming a lot harder then it should be some times.
The spin move in Super Mario Galaxy accomplishes the same thing, except it works better, at least for me.

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2011, 02:13:37 AM »
The Water Pack did one big thing for me in Sunshine, it allowed for me to adjust my jump in 3D.  Lets face it 3D adds the Camera and the Camera makes platforming a lot harder then it should be some times.
The spin move in Super Mario Galaxy accomplishes the same thing, except it works better, at least for me.

How? The range of movement mid-air with the jetpack is far greater than anything present in Galaxy.

For me I like Sunshine far better than Mario 64, I wasn't impressed it even at the 64 launch. Sunshine doesn't compare to the Galaxies though, but then again very few games do.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 03, 2011, 03:02:20 AM »
You have to switch to it first, which is clunky. I s'pose you could always have it equipped, but, where's the fun in that? Maybe "works" wasn't the right word... jumping is more fun.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 03, 2011, 05:28:11 AM »
This might be nothing... or maybe it is everything.

This could be a sneaky way of Konami revealing the power of Café without us actually knowing that they revealed anything at all.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/06/metal-gear-creator-introduces-his-new-fox-engine-teases-new-multiplatform-game/
Fox Engine is designed for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC, at the very least, and is indicative of the developer’s future direction.

Kojima says he hopes to use the Fox Engine for an “upcoming unannounced game” and that the images and video released today do not necessarily represent a game currently in development.
*pics @ the link*

They never said what platform the engine was running on for the demonstration and that "upcoming unannounced game" could be announced Tuesday Morning @ Nintendo's E3 conference.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:46:39 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 03, 2011, 09:23:12 AM »
This might be nothing... or maybe it is everything.

This could be a sneaky way of Konami revealing the power of Café without us actually knowing that they revealed anything at all.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/06/metal-gear-creator-introduces-his-new-fox-engine-teases-new-multiplatform-game/
Fox Engine is designed for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC, at the very least, and is indicative of the developer’s future direction.

Kojima says he hopes to use the Fox Engine for an “upcoming unannounced game” and that the images and video released today do not necessarily represent a game currently in development.
*pics @ the link*

They never said what platform the engine was running on for the demonstration and that "upcoming unannounced game" could be announced Tuesday Morning @ Nintendo's E3 conference.
Here's a Youtube link to IGN showing the Engine sort of.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 03, 2011, 10:28:51 AM »
Fox engine? Isn't the ibm cpu rumored to have a code name of fox?  Could konami be basing this engine off of the N6 specs (i like N6 for my instead of cafe lol).  If this is true then the N6 could become the standard platform for multi console development like the 360 seems to be now, especially if other developers do the same with their engines.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 03, 2011, 10:32:43 AM »
Fox engine? Isn't the ibm cpu rumored to have a code name of fox?  Could konami be basing this engine off of the N6 specs (i like N6 for my instead of cafe lol).  If this is true then the N6 could become the standard platform for multi console development like the 360 seems to be now, especially if other developers do the same with their engines.
Reading to much into it.  Their Mascot is a Fox.  Which I think looks a lot like its made from electricity
I'm wondering if their looking to sale this to others.  Seem a waste not to.  Also wondering if the 3DS title is using it.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 03, 2011, 12:16:53 PM »
The problem with selling their engine to other devs is they have to provide support for that engine to other devs over working on their own games. Don't want to get sued like EPIC games is right now for non support and holding back info in favor of their own games.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 03, 2011, 12:23:29 PM »
The problem with selling their engine to other devs is they have to provide support for that engine to other devs over working on their own games. Don't want to get sued like EPIC games is right now for non support and holding back info in favor of their own games.
True True

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 03, 2011, 01:13:29 PM »
I got really excited because I went to this link

https://www.warioworld.com/stream/

and it asked me for a password to proceed.
I was thinking to myself that Nintendo Stream was confirmed!

but then I realized it ask you for a password regardless of what you put in if you are trying to access the site

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
-72 Hours Remain-
« Reply #338 on: June 04, 2011, 12:00:05 PM »
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:24:10 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 04, 2011, 12:09:39 PM »
New background for me!

Can't wait!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 04, 2011, 12:37:03 PM »
For some reason the Majora's Mask moon seems less intimidating when Reggie is around. 

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #341 on: June 04, 2011, 01:12:19 PM »
Because he can punt it back it to place. :reggie:
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 04, 2011, 02:22:42 PM »
GameTrailers Editor in Chief Shane Satterfield
“I have kind of heard some things through the grapevine there is going to be some big third-party announcements for Nintendo’s new console at the show, there’s no doubt about that.”
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-162-invisible-walls/714679

Unfortunately Michael Pachter interrupted him before he could say what games he had heard, so now we just have to .....continue waiting.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #343 on: June 04, 2011, 10:23:41 PM »
So I'm playing Bingo this year with E3.

Template if you want to make one
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 04, 2011, 11:48:26 PM »
Kirby Wii is already out....
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #345 on: June 05, 2011, 12:00:18 AM »
It refers to Kirby of the Stars (the one that's approaching Duke Nukem Forever lengths of delays).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #346 on: June 05, 2011, 12:33:57 AM »
If Wii Music 2 is announced, then perhaps people will riot.

That is unless they just show the trailer, say it's coming out for Christmas, and never bring it up again.
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 05, 2011, 04:04:35 AM »
Is it really that time of year again?

That time of year when I wait anxiously for the announcement of new F-Zero?

That time of year again when I once again feel bitter, bitter dissapointment?

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #349 on: June 05, 2011, 10:12:25 AM »
You can't use the word crowbar without referencing Half-life any more :p Use prybar or wrecking bar or jimmy bar... #iwantgordonfreemaninhalflife3onwii2