Poll

Get DSI Vs. waiting for DS2

Get the DSi as soon as it comes out!
6 (30%)
Get the DSi, but wait awhile for the price drop
3 (15%)
Nah, just hang onto the DS you have and wait for DS2
10 (50%)
Sell your DS and save the money for a PSP 360!
0 (0%)
Handheld gaming is so 2006...
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Get DSi, or wait for DS2?  (Read 15393 times)

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
Re: Get DSi, or wait for DS2?
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 03:52:04 AM »
There's no way I'm paying $170 to unlock the ability to PAY for downloadable titles.

The only way I'm buying a DSi is if my DS Phat ever breaks (still going strong since launch!) or if there's a "must-buy" game... like a Metroid or Castlevania game that can only be played on DSi... but even then, I'd have to have $200+ available and lately my money's tight...
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 10:49:44 AM »
I guess the concern is that the DSi might just be like the GBA Micro. Now, the GBA SP definitely made sense because it was a huge advance over the original GBA, and it came out early enough to be worth getting... but if I'm not mistaken, the GBA Micro actually came out after the DS was released, so that really made no sense, and I doubt Nintendo recouped their development cost for that because so few actually sold. I mean the Micro was a cute idea and a nice thing to have, but if you had an SP or DS it wasn't really worth it.

At least the DSi is coming out before the DS2, so that's something, but on the other hand the DS2 may be only be a year or two off.
is your sanity...

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 02:25:13 PM »
Micro is a pretty awesome little device but it was worthless in a way since it couldn't play GB and GBC games while the GBA SP could, it also didn't help that you need new link cables and such. In Japan DSi is already selling leaps and bounds more than the Micro did.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2009, 07:59:46 PM »
My guess is that the next DS (DSi2) won't be complete till they have final specs on the Wii2.
I'm betting that Nintendo is gonna want to take this whole connectivity & virtual console/handheld thing to the next level between the Wii2 & DSi2.

That means the earliest we will probably see the DSi2 would probably be summer of 2011 (in time for Xmas hype) assuming that next-gen won't get jump started till 2012 (Nintendo in no rush, MS & [especially]Sony needing to recoup losses).

So I say if you really want a DSi get it. The next upgrade will probably be atleast 1.5yrs away minimum. I'd wait to see how local region support is first, but definately take the plunge if you have the money.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2009, 08:12:18 PM »
Personally, I intend to get a DSi, but I'm content to wait for a couple titles to make it "bust buy" for me. My DSPhat is still serving me well, so I want maybe 6 months to see what DSi downloadable titles come out that really tickle my fancy.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline jakeOSX

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2009, 03:25:54 PM »
the gb micro is a fantastic piece of hardware. everytime i take mine out i get someone asking me what it is and an occasional disappointment in not being able to get it anymore.

i guess the equivalent would have to be a cell phone sized ds... not likely though.

i am looking forward to the DSi, mostly for the download part.