Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1197302 times)

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #3050 on: November 13, 2014, 09:31:08 PM »
Physics be damned :)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: November 14, 2014, 09:42:46 AM »
Physics be damned :)
Yeah!

What are we talking about?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: November 15, 2014, 12:40:01 AM »
Curious to see how an arrow would fly with a full size boxing glove mounted on the end of it :P

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: November 15, 2014, 09:13:14 AM »
That's a short distance and with the raw force they have the Arrow Arrow's go it could do that.  I wouldn't expect to do much further than that.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: November 18, 2014, 01:26:06 AM »
[Black Dynamite] It's not a Cosby Show

H: - "Claire, Claire, muthafucker I'm calling you."

C: - "I'm coming sucka, i was baking some cookies for yo raggedy ass."

H: ::slaps cookie tray out of Claire's hands::
"Bitch you know I don't want no Duncan Hines. I want some of that nookie cookie from the front door of your behind."

Best line of the most recent episode.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:32:57 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: November 18, 2014, 04:18:05 PM »
Just been watching Castle. 

I think it should have ended at season 6, but since they insisted on going into seven I have to say the theme episodes are really good.  This latest Western theme was great.  See how long they can maintain it though.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: November 19, 2014, 03:41:51 AM »
[Agents of SHIELD]

Damn this show has found it's stride and not looking back. So much is happening, and it's all happening so quickly, Complete 180 from last season. It's dark, twisted, graphic fast paced, exciting, interesting, and fukn crazy (with a dash of sex thrown in for good measure). It's almost in human what they got going on right now.

show is on break next week, so you have time to catch up.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: November 19, 2014, 04:01:44 AM »
AOS is definitely improving. It just needs to find a style of it's own that sets it apart from all the other Marvel entities. It feels a bit too plain visually.

Especially when you compare it to Alias.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: November 19, 2014, 04:59:19 PM »
Maybe I'm just being unreasonable but:

The Flash:  Oh my goodness. That episode was terrible.

While Arrow has it's silliness, there are just parts of this that are just ridiculous beyond all comprehension. The whole point of the flash is that he is fast, so why the hell does he insist on taking punches?? He should be untouchable!! He should see every single blow and projectile in super slow motion. Why not just get the hell out of the way?

So this week he fights DC's version of Colossus. Pretty cool idea. So why try to strong arm the super strong metal guy? Why did he insist on holding onto the flagpole??? He is being smeared all over the walls and he refuses to let go of the flagpole to make it stop?

So the solution? Flash uses a supersonic punch which would apparently overpower the steel guy. That sounds awesome. Something new, breaking new ground. Let's see what they do about this. Takes his run up, flies through the air and lands the blow. Nice effect. Looked pretty good. Fake Colossus is grounded and dazed for a few seconds, but gets back up to roflstomp Barry with not even a mark on his face from where a blow moving at supersonic speeds landed mere seconds before. AND IRIS KNOCKS HIM OUT WITH A SINGLE PUNCH TO THE CHIN!!!! WHAT THE HELL???

Did no one watch this after editing to see how stupid it looks? This should have been a fantastic showpiece. First supersonic punch. It should have had a real impact. Been memorable. I was laughing and crying at the same time. I really hope the writers get their act together and realize that the protagonist of this show has super speed and is not the Hulk. Stop making him try to fight like it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: November 19, 2014, 05:46:31 PM »
I didn't watch it yet... but I really hope it's not as bad as you are saying (sounds pretty stupid).

Gotham has been waiting for an opening to take over that #2 spot. I haven't watched Gotham this week yet either, so this could be its chance.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 06:52:50 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: November 19, 2014, 09:31:31 PM »
Need to watch the latest Gotham as well. I think I'm most excited for it until I finish pushing through the first season of Agents of Shield to get to the good stuff.

I'm still holding out hope for Walking Dead to make a turnabout and it looks like the mid-season finale could bring the show back to a better format. No more of this split story line crap. Even my favorite characters feel sub-par when the team is broken up like it is.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: November 19, 2014, 09:44:39 PM »
Funny thing is that I like how the Walking Dead story is spilt right now as it really helps avoid Season 2 syndrome of people just holding up in some hole with the occasional zombie moaning. I wish they would leave the state of Georgia, but that's not happening, so the next best thing is to split people up to cover more ground and see more bit of the state.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: November 19, 2014, 11:00:57 PM »
Maybe I'm just being unreasonable but:

The Flash:  Oh my goodness. That episode was terrible.

While Arrow has it's silliness, there are just parts of this that are just ridiculous beyond all comprehension. The whole point of the flash is that he is fast, so why the hell does he insist on taking punches?? He should be untouchable!! He should see every single blow and projectile in super slow motion. Why not just get the hell out of the way?

So this week he fights DC's version of Colossus. Pretty cool idea. So why try to strong arm the super strong metal guy? Why did he insist on holding onto the flagpole??? He is being smeared all over the walls and he refuses to let go of the flagpole to make it stop?

So the solution? Flash uses a supersonic punch which would apparently overpower the steel guy. That sounds awesome. Something new, breaking new ground. Let's see what they do about this. Takes his run up, flies through the air and lands the blow. Nice effect. Looked pretty good. Fake Colossus is grounded and dazed for a few seconds, but gets back up to roflstomp Barry with not even a mark on his face from where a blow moving at supersonic speeds landed mere seconds before. AND IRIS KNOCKS HIM OUT WITH A SINGLE PUNCH TO THE CHIN!!!! WHAT THE HELL???

Did no one watch this after editing to see how stupid it looks? This should have been a fantastic showpiece. First supersonic punch. It should have had a real impact. Been memorable. I was laughing and crying at the same time. I really hope the writers get their act together and realize that the protagonist of this show has super speed and is not the Hulk. Stop making him try to fight like it.

You seem like an unfun person. Most people seemed to love the punch bad editing aside, but if we had a show about the flash realistically it wouldn't be much of a show. Were you one of those guys complning why thor who went toe to toe with the destroyer was on even footing with the Iron Man Armor.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: November 20, 2014, 12:31:58 AM »
Not at all.  I am actually quite easy to please believe it or not. 

To give you a gauge of what it takes to entertain me, I actually enjoyed the Transformers movies.  (Yes I know they are terrible, but I enjoy them nonetheless)  I'm not expecting a factually realistic show.  As you say that would be quite uninteresting.  However  I would at least expect them to focus on the strengths of the character.  Barry is fast, not a he-man and he obviously can't fight to save his life.  Why do they insist on making him try to take people on directly in a fist fight. All he does with his speed is arrive on site and leave.  He doesn't use it to his advantage in a fight.  And let's face it, it's the only advantage he has.  At least for the time being. 

But what made it painfully stand out was the scenario I mentioned above.  Iris took out the very large antagonist with one punch, while Barry had been cleaned up 3 times throughout the whole episode.  It could have been written so much better than that. 

As well as other inconsistencies (how did Fakelossus hear Barry coming to deliver the superpunch and prepare himself when Barry is moving faster than the speed of sound?)   It just all stacks up to make some really jarring moments. 

But of course this is just my opinion. 

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: November 20, 2014, 07:09:59 AM »
Person of Interest: Martine just turned into The Terminator for about 60 seconds. And it. was. glorious.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: November 20, 2014, 10:30:22 AM »
Re: The Flash.

I watched it. I didn't take it as bad as you did. Dude heard a sound, just after fighting The Flash, so he armored up. Barry knocked the ability to armor up out of him, basically leaving him dazed and temporarily glass jawed. Iris came in and tapped the weak spot, and the glass shattered.

You could question how he heard the sound of glass breaking blocks and blocks away just before the sonic boom. You could even question why he would leave Iris in that hallway when he took off, or why he didn't just let go of the flag pole instead of being slammed repeatedly up against the walls, but it's TV, you have to suspend a little.

edit: I think the worse offense is that when he comes flying in at Mach 1.1, he winds up his right hand for the K.O. punch, but when they do the actual punch, he punches with the left....

What I think they should have done though was mention the amount of destruction that was caused down the street leading up to that Elementary School. He shattered windows several floors up on buildings and probably didn't 10's upon 10's of 1000's of $$ of damage to the cars and buildings along that path. A blurb on the news or something in the background would have worked.
Overall, I think it was pretty solid. But The Flash really does need to start using his super speed to his advantage to evade and frustrate the enemy more than attempt to punch them harder.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 10:37:50 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: November 20, 2014, 12:08:25 PM »
I can't think of a scenario where that works unless he sees the flash.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: November 20, 2014, 12:47:21 PM »
Person of Interest: Martine just turned into The Terminator for about 60 seconds. And it. was. glorious.

Are you talking about the prison scene or the bar scene? Either way, it was her best showing yet. I liked it more than the Root/Martine hotel fight a couple episodes ago. It took me a moment to place the actress when she first appeared but then I realized it was from Mad Men season 4. It's very interesting to see her play a villain like this and I think it suits her more. Finally glad stuff is happening with Elias. I've meant to post more about POI but just haven't taken the time to settle down and type out all my thoughts. It's nice to see him getting more of a focus after being built up so much for the first two seasons and then almost disappearing in the third.

As for the cliffhanger of Martine preparing to confront Shaw, while a sudden shoot-out could be very interesting, my guess is that Root is already there and ready to intervene to allow Shaw to escape and maintain her cover identity a bit longer.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: November 20, 2014, 02:27:16 PM »
Wow, that show looks god awful.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: November 20, 2014, 02:41:36 PM »
It was not one of the shows best CG efforts, but it's mostly because it's a close up scene.
It's pretty good for being on a CW budget though.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: November 20, 2014, 02:56:48 PM »
That is basically the worst thing I've ever seen.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: November 20, 2014, 03:03:12 PM »
Really?
I feel for your Longterm Memory.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: November 20, 2014, 03:05:18 PM »

Something finally topped your wife and kid? Wow. This calls for a celebration.

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: November 20, 2014, 05:12:12 PM »
Really?

Yes, really. I can't stand the two CW DC shows and whatever channel Gotham is on.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: November 20, 2014, 05:53:53 PM »
Like Legend of Korra is some kind of masterpiece. You want to talk crap TV, that's the top of the list right there.