Poll

When given the option in a game, which one do you prefer?

Wii U GamePad
5 (31.3%)
Wii U Pro Controller
9 (56.3%)
Other (CCP, Wiimotes, Virtual Boy Controller)
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: GamePad vs Pro Controller: an unscientific survey  (Read 8622 times)

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: GamePad vs Pro Controller: an unscientific survey
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 10:36:35 PM »
Why are you so angry, Adrock? Relax. It's just a game controller. It will mean nothing when our global economy crashes and we're reduced to scavenging groups like the good old days.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2015, 11:05:04 PM »
Why are you so angry, Adrock?
Ha, what?

I have no idea what you're referring to.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2015, 12:01:46 AM »
Apologies, I guess my smugness and your anger were both interpreted incorrectly. I guess I read too much into your posts.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2015, 10:47:48 AM »
I don't get the Off-TV praise.  I've spent my whole gaming life trying to find ways to play my handhelds on a TV and you guys are doing the exact opposite.  The whole thing sounds like a handheld without any portability which seems like the worst of both worlds to me.  Having a tiny screen and speakers is something you tolerate so you can take your games with you when you leave the house.

I have a wife and two kids who share the same TV where our Wii U is hooked up.

Yes, if given the choice I prefer to play on the big screen. But off-screen play allows me to enjoy games while sharing the TV, which can be nice when kids are around or allows my wife and I to hang out together on the couch while watching different things. The best part is that I can (often) seamlessly switch between big and small screens depending on what's happening, getting the best of both worlds when the opportunity presents itself.

Not a necessary features by any means, but it is convenient and has seen considerable use at our household...  If there weren't four people vying for screen time then it wouldn't really matter I guess.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2015, 11:03:14 AM »
My lazy ass knows nothing better than turning my TV and lights off and playing on the GamePad until I'm just to the point of falling asleep. GamePad off and I'm snoozing.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline CrimsonCavalier

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2015, 06:08:34 PM »
No question: Pro Controller. I avoid the GamePad unless it's necessary (like in Human Revolution, but in a game like that I actually like using it).