Author Topic: Did anyone else buy Fantasy Life?  (Read 24817 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Did anyone else buy Fantasy Life?
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2015, 08:14:05 PM »
I am very much on the fence with this game since I have some extra Christmas cash. If anyone sees a sale let me know.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2015, 08:15:30 PM »
What makes you on the fence? Perhaps we can convince you!

I don't know if there will be deals, I think the game has a low print run.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2015, 10:23:36 PM »
Don't scare me like that! It might make me buy it sooner. I'm on the fence because I need to keep some money aside for the New 3DS XL along with Majora, Monster Hunter 4 and Xenoblade. I'm hoping for a N3DSXL bundle and need enough money to get it.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2015, 10:49:46 PM »
I bought the last three copies at my local Toys R Us. I'm now selling them at high jacked up prices under the username Unclebob to make a fortune while UB takes the blame. Gaze in awe at my brilliance.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2015, 11:08:44 PM »
Don't scare me like that! It might make me buy it sooner. I'm on the fence because I need to keep some money aside for the New 3DS XL along with Majora, Monster Hunter 4 and Xenoblade. I'm hoping for a N3DSXL bundle and need enough money to get it.
I hope they come out of the gate with a MonHan New 3DS Whichever Bundle.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2015, 11:46:28 PM »
I'm hoping for it too because the system looks beautiful. But I'll take a Majora's Mask system as well. Really, this is a year I am excited for 3DS. It seems the most exciting Wii U games are from 2014.
My Game Collection

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2015, 11:38:04 AM »
No, I just forgot about this topic and was busy with holiday/end of year stuff.
Hee hee, I figured. Would you like to try again then? Perhaps you should suggest a day this time.

I'm free most nights. It's just sometimes I get too involved in another game or the offline mode of another. Or I go the gym since it's nice and quiet after 10 pm for the most part.

Definitely PM me though. I don't keep track of the topics I post in, as bad as that is of me!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2015, 10:10:36 PM »
I don't really see a point in getting a NEW 3DS if you have one that works fine. Save your money and get this game and Xenoblade on Wii. Before it disappears!

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2015, 05:18:59 PM »
It took ten minutes to beat down the Lord of the Dead dinosaur, and I forgot to be a mercenary when doing it. haha

Oh, well. It was fun. I'll be stronger next time to make it go faster!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2015, 07:33:31 PM »
Boy, Phil, the game has never been as challenging as it was last night! Not sure if I was really helping, but at least I tried, and gained some levels. This is actually my second character I created to play with online peeps, but then I never ended up playing that much, probably also due to holidays and such, so I didn't get that far.

Maybe next time, things'll be better!

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2015, 10:55:30 PM »
Oh, you were fine!

Today I crossed the 40 hour mark. I think there's but one chapter of the story to go, but since it's always mostly dialogue and going to and from places, I'm going to deal with that later when I'm up to it. Tonight I have my Mastered class total up to four: Paladin, Archer, Mercenary, and Miner. The former two I reached Hero status and earned some nifty gear. I beat the Napdragon and earned a Paladin Sword. Couldn't beat the Golden or Silver Dragons, but I tried them before I got my new Hero equipment.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2015, 10:04:29 PM »
I feel like this game is such a struggle. I enjoy completing quests but I absolutely dread the time when I have to progress to the next story event to get to new areas. And the three lives I'm focusing on for their Focus and Dexterity are very hard to progress in themselves. I always feel like I can do or go somewhere and accomplish something when I turn the game on but some long-term goals are just so tedious.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2015, 10:07:26 PM »
Is it true that the story can be played without killing anything? I would imagine that's partially true for the Lives that don't have anything to do with combat. '

Anyhow, I play one chapter of the story and then do a lot of extra Life-related content so I don't burn myself out on the game. There's only so much dialogue I can sit through at one time, even if I do find it clever and charming at times.

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2015, 08:39:26 PM »
Okay, I've mastered 5 classes, become a Hero Paladin and Woodcutter too. Defeated the Silver Dragon, but that was as a Mercenary so I will have to do it again. I'm almost lvl 50 so I might get Origin Island soon. I think I'm at the point right before the end of the game. I like this game a lot, but the music is really annoying. Plot kinda reminds me of late NES - early SNES era plots, which is nice.

Anyone have recommendations on what level I should be before I go into Ancient Ruins? I'm wondering if anyone would want to help me go kill the bosses in Ancient Ruins? I haven't touched online yet so I don't know how the quests work. If two Paladins kill a Silver Dragon and cash it in, do both of them have the quest clear or just the host? Yeah, lot of questions  :P: :
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2015, 07:42:44 PM »
It depends on the way the quest is worded. If the quest just involves defeating a monster, then all paladin players in that area would get credit for the kill and the quest. If the quest requires turning in a bounty to complete, then only the player who turns in the bounty will complete the quest.

If you can already defeat the silver dragon or other bosses in that general area, you would probably be able to handle the ancient ruins as well.

I would volunteer to help you out, but unfortunately I have now gotten the DLC so I can no longer play with non-DLC players. I'd only be able to help if you downloaded the DLC first. And if you don't mind that I'm twice your level, though if that's an issue I could just equip weak gear.

Is it true that the story can be played without killing anything? I would imagine that's partially true for the Lives that don't have anything to do with combat.
I believe the main story can be, yes. The times where enemies are part of the story, Butterfly asks in some form whether or not you want to fight. And if you choose not to, you really won't have to fight.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2015, 01:27:51 PM »
So the sequel just got announced... and it's a goddamn fucking phone game.  ****!  "Hey all you 3DS owners who bought our game.  Go **** yourselves, we want cellphone rube money."

I voted with my wallet and lost.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2015, 03:38:18 PM »
That's why you shouldn't "vote with your dollars" and instead just buy what you want.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2015, 04:07:10 PM »
Fantasy Life 2 looks like a really bad version of the 3DS game with town management with a "2" attached to it to make it seem greater than it actually is.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2015, 04:17:48 PM »
That's why you shouldn't "vote with your dollars" and instead just buy what you want.

Truth. That's why I hate that argument. The only way that makes a difference is if you can get like 1,000,000 people to work with you in what you buy or don't buy and even then, you have to clearly show and articulate to whoever it is you are buying or withholding purchases from what you are doing and why to get the right message across.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2015, 04:49:12 PM »

I did just buy what I want.  I bought a game that interested me, thought it was really good and looked forward to the sequel.  Just the sheer fact that this is "Fantasy Life 2" suggests that Fantasy Life 1 was a fairly successful game.  So then they put it's sequel on a completely different format?  How often does that happen?  Valkyria Chronicles and Bayonetta are two I can think of like that and both got some major backlash (but at least Bayonetta 2's case Nintendo footed the bill to create the game that was not going to get made otherwise).

The logic is pretty goofy.  The 3DS is for gamers that want MORE from portable gaming than what a phone can provide.  So in theory they're casting away most of their existing audience for one for which "Fantasy Life" has no real value.  Or did the game not do that well and Level 5 figures that the IP will find an audience on phones?  But then why call it "Fantasy Life 2" if you're going for a new audience that won't know the first game?

Is this something I'm going to have worry about with Japanese games from now on?  Level 5 was one of the most consistently talented devs in the post-2006 "Japanese devs all went crazy at the same time" gaming landscape.

I can't lie - I hope Fantasy Life 2 for mobile is a colossal financial failure.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2015, 07:58:28 PM »
Yeah, I heard about this too, it's a bummer. Oh well, at least the game doesn't look like anything I'd want.

Offline SgtFlowers

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2015, 10:59:54 PM »
well at the very least Fantasy Life is a fantastic game with hours of content to hold you over the sequel. I wouldn't pay much attention to the second one unless its enjoyable in some capacity. Also If it makes anyone feel better, Fantasy Life itself went through two different stages of metamorphoses to produce what we got currently, wonder if thats a possibility for this new one.