Author Topic: Nintendo Download - September 29, 2011  (Read 1482 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Nintendo Download - September 29, 2011
« on: September 29, 2011, 06:02:50 PM »

Mario appears for the second time on the Virtual Console, and four Links invade the 3DS.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/27942

Today, Nintendo's downloadable game services see several new pieces of software. The first and most prominent release is The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition for both the eShop and DSiWare. Originally released as a bonus mode on the Game Boy Advance version of A Link to the Past, this new edition features new levels and features. The game is available free of charge for a limited time.

Exclusively for the eShop is Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. A sequel to Super Mario Land (already available on the Virtual Console), 6 Golden Coins was originally released for the Game Boy in 1992. It is known for being the debut of Wario as this game's antagonist. The game is available now for $3.99.

For both the eShop and DSiWare two new games have been added. The first of these is Crystal Caverns of Amon-Ra from Selectsoft. A puzzle title, the objective behind the game is to capture the multicolored crystal spheres before they reach the Pit of Fire. The game features over a thousand levels in three different modes. Crystal Caverns of Amon-Ra is available for $4.99.

From EnjoyUp Games is Bugs'N'Balls, a game in which players must volley balls back and forth without getting hit by the opponent's ball. Players have four characters to choose from as well as various mini-games. Bugs'N'Balls is available now for $1.99.

The lone WiiWare game this week is Nnooo's escapeVektor: Chapter 1. A retro-inspired title, escapeVektor stars Vektor as he tried to escape the evil CPU and its army. The game features over 30 levels as players evade enemies and discover the reason behind Vektor's escape. The game is available now for 500 Wii Points.

For Nintendo Video we have another Blue Man Group video called Blue Man Group Sports. In addition, Nintendo made the announcement that they will be adding 3D trailers for their upcoming 3DS titles, including Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising and more.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline KITT 10K

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Downloads, September 29, 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 07:51:21 PM »
I could play Super Mario Land 2 for hours on end and I'm so happy that they finally put in the CC for the 3DS. Now I can play thehell out of it again.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 11:33:35 PM »
Awesome...I loved Super Mario Land 2.  I hope this paves the way from some of the Wario Land games to show up in the next several months; I have yet to play any of them.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 12:03:40 AM »
I'm with you there, KITT. Mario Land 2 was the first Game Boy game I ever owned, and it is GREAT that it finally gets a release on the 3DS VC.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Download - September 29, 2011
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 11:33:39 AM »
Oh man...I never had this game (or played it) on the GB, and I've got to say it is very cool.  Did this come out first, or Super Mario World?  Because the spin jump is here....

If everyone in the forums had a 3DS (which they don't, not even close) it would be a great candidate for a Retroactive.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 12:21:52 PM »
Super Mario World came out first. SML2 was first released in October 1992 (Japan, North America the next month).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 11:37:32 PM »
If everyone in the forums had a 3DS (which they don't, not even close) it would be a great candidate for a Retroactive.

There was a RetroActive for Metroid II, where the only (legal) option was to track down an old cartridge, so I don't think the lack of 3DS penetration would be a reason not to consider it.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent