Author Topic: Whats the deal with Reggie?  (Read 1108 times)

Offline joeamis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Whats the deal with Reggie?
« on: May 18, 2004, 02:30:44 PM »
I don't mean to offend people but I really don't see why people are obsessed with Reggie.  His job at E3 was to deliver a speech.  What he said were not his own words written by himself.  They're the words of Nintendo, of all the other people working at Nintendo who decided and agreed upon what they were going to say in the speech for their press conference.  At times during the press conference Reggie can apparently be seen looking at teleprompters for what his next lines are.  We should not be worshiping a single man for what was said during that press conference, if anything we should be giving the credit to all the other people working at Nintendo behind the scenes who decided what was going to be said during the conference and how.  So we should be giving credit to Nintendo the company, not Reggie the person.  I thought it was about the games for Nintendo fans and not hype like Sony and Xbox have been more known for.  When I try to see who is registering comments on this forum it gets tiring of seeing identical after identical avatars of Reggie, and continuous comments like I'll Kick Your Ass.  I thought people here held it in high esteem to be above the level that the other consoles fanboys are like.  But when people see the Nintendo posters writing out I'm about kicking ass, I'll kick your ass, I want to kick your ass, Your ass is kicked, I intend to kick ass, etc etc etc it becomes clear that we infact seem more childish and immature then those other fanboys.  It's one thing to use those words in a speech to get people excited but it's an entirely different thing to use those words in every other post on a message board.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Whats the deal with Reggie?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2004, 02:43:59 PM »
It's not just what he said, but his charisma during the presentation...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Whats the deal with Reggie?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2004, 03:29:49 PM »
umm... see official Reggie thread.  There's way too many of these floating about.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers