Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 674245 times)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: NX Rumors and Speculation Thread (Zelda Williams Twitter Watch 2016)
« Reply #2275 on: October 18, 2016, 10:29:13 AM »
Happy has Posted this imaged on his Twitter

This is evidence of Hitman possibly being ported to NX?

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: October 18, 2016, 11:04:53 AM »
I guess that would be a good game to get.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: October 18, 2016, 11:28:32 AM »
Or you know, they're referencing the Wii U. Which is Nintendo's latest console.

EDIT: Hell, they're referencing both the Wii and Wii U with those numbers.

EDIT 2: Sorry, my post makes no sense in part because MG keeps posting stuff without any proper context. In the AMD video people keep talking about you see the following text:

"AMD powers the world's leading game consoles (...) in more than 227 million homes around the world (1).

That (1) refers to the (1) from the image MG posted earlier which means "Based on publicly available data from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo as of 9/15/2015" which means AMD is referencing sales numbers from this generation and the previous one (sans PS3 I assume).

The whole "marching into battle" thing just makes reference to the images of Hitman we see over the rest of the trailer. It's rather curious for AMD to release a trailer at this moment. If it's true that NX is being unveiled this week why do you release a trailer without it just a few days before? That is, if AMD is even powering the NX at all.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 11:49:56 AM by Soren »
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: October 18, 2016, 02:29:01 PM »
Or you know, they're referencing the Wii U. Which is Nintendo's latest console.

EDIT: Hell, they're referencing both the Wii and Wii U with those numbers.

EDIT 2: Sorry, my post makes no sense in part because MG keeps posting stuff without any proper context. In the AMD video people keep talking about you see the following text:

"AMD powers the world's leading game consoles (...) in more than 227 million homes around the world (1).

That (1) refers to the (1) from the image MG posted earlier which means "Based on publicly available data from Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo as of 9/15/2015" which means AMD is referencing sales numbers from this generation and the previous one (sans PS3 I assume).

The whole "marching into battle" thing just makes reference to the images of Hitman we see over the rest of the trailer. It's rather curious for AMD to release a trailer at this moment. If it's true that NX is being unveiled this week why do you release a trailer without it just a few days before? That is, if AMD is even powering the NX at all.

We will see my young grasshopper :)
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline supermario2k

• View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: October 18, 2016, 03:55:36 PM »
Latest rumors I read suggest a price as low as $249 and as high as $349, if it's over 300 count me out this time. I will wait on a price drop I got burned on Wii U and I really wish I hadn't gotten in so early. Both times I came into a Nintendo console this early I felt cheated. I mean unless it is something really amazing and has plenty of games at a steady stream then maybe.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: October 18, 2016, 05:12:14 PM »
Latest rumors I read suggest a price as low as $249 and as high as $349, if it's over 300 count me out this time. I will wait on a price drop I got burned on Wii U and I really wish I hadn't gotten in so early. Both times I came into a Nintendo console this early I felt cheated. I mean unless it is something really amazing and has plenty of games at a steady stream then maybe.
I want to say I'd do that, but I'm going to buckle like a belt. There was no real reason for me to buy a Wii U at launch. One happy accident happened though. I probably would not have played Zombi U had I not been there so early.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: October 18, 2016, 05:35:07 PM »
Since I can get Breath of the Wild on the Wii U, I will almost certainly wait and see on an NX purchase, particularly since the rumours don't suggest that the NX version will have a significant advantage, if any at all.  Nintendo will need an additional killer app to attract me.  $350 is pretty high.  $250 is quite reasonable.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: October 18, 2016, 06:12:09 PM »
No regrets here about a day 1 Wii U purchase. I have loved progressing through all of the iterations etc. as they happened and, I dunno, just being part of it. The pros of early adoption outweigh the cons for me when it comes to Nintendo. I'm along for the ride.
In contrast I have yet to upgrade from PS3 to PS4. I haven't felt compelled yet for various reasons. But the recent announcement of Red Dead Redemption 2 will push me to upgrade for sure.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: October 18, 2016, 10:08:14 PM »
I honestly don't understand why anyone is seeminlgy rooting for AMD to be powering the NX when Nvidia makes far superior products.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2284 on: October 18, 2016, 10:46:39 PM »
I honestly don't understand why anyone is seeminlgy rooting for AMD to be powering the NX when Nvidia makes far superior products.

You've obviously never felt the thrill of being right on the internet.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: October 18, 2016, 10:48:47 PM »
I honestly don't understand why anyone gives a **** about the chips inside these things in the first place. It'll have a target spec and the games will look how they look, the guts don't really matter. It's not like Nintendo flipped a coin at some point over which chip to go with and that drastically affected the graphical fidelity of the system. Especially given the portability focus that is all but confirmed.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 18, 2016, 11:02:43 PM »
As far as this thread, I'm fairly certain only one person gives a **** about which company is providing Nintendo chips. For everyone else, it's more an occasional conversation piece while we're hella thirsty for any kind of NX news. Otherwise:

Offline Soren

• View Profile

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: October 19, 2016, 12:11:54 AM »
Huh, Emily Rogers opened up her twitter for the public.

Speaking of Twitter, Some guy named Neal Ronaghan says he heard NX news is this week. He's probably just another troll.
https://twitter.com/nron10/status/78819381243904409

Offline supermario2k

• View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: October 19, 2016, 12:12:35 AM »
Personally I have never cared much for specs, I want games if specs are so low or so different it keeps games off the system then that is a bad thing, if the specs are comparable r adequate and developers can make good use of it and want to make games for it that sell good enough to keep making games, then good.

I have no regrets owning a Wii U. I regret buying a Wii U. The damn thing was over priced then, it is criminally price gauging now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: October 19, 2016, 01:38:00 AM »
As far as this thread, I'm fairly certain only one person gives a **** about which company is providing Nintendo chips.

HAHAHA FIGHT!!!

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: October 19, 2016, 02:48:38 AM »
Go banana!

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: October 19, 2016, 04:32:27 AM »
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smachteam/smach-z-the-handheld-gaming-pc

This got announced today. It's funny. I'm pretty sure all the people fawning over this probably pissed all over the Wii U on a message board at some point.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:52:37 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 19, 2016, 10:51:13 AM »
Go banana!

The banana represents Nintendo. :)

Offline supermario2k

• View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 19, 2016, 11:43:46 AM »
Forget who makes the CPU, I want to know how many colors does it display compared to it's competition and does it have Blast Processing or not.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: October 19, 2016, 11:58:35 AM »
I was willing to play along with this and have it be fun and games, but it stopped the moment people started holding every reporter to this unrealistic expectation of accuracy. That their entire reputation and career hinged on whether or not they got this right and how dare you report this version of a console I don't like. That an entire YouTube and Twitter subculture sprang up and it got to the point they were trolling Zelda Williams. I didn't hate Nintendo for taking their time to announce NX but I now resent them for allowing this cesspool to keep growing to the point where no person reporting on Nintendo news is safe from an unwarranted attack. **** that.

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: October 19, 2016, 12:13:45 PM »
I was willing to play along with this and have it be fun and games, but it stopped the moment people started holding every reporter to this unrealistic expectation of accuracy. That their entire reputation and career hinged on whether or not they got this right and how dare you report this version of a console I don't like. That an entire YouTube and Twitter subculture sprang up and it got to the point they were trolling Zelda Williams. I didn't hate Nintendo for taking their time to announce NX but I now resent them for allowing this cesspool to keep growing to the point where no person reporting on Nintendo news is safe from an unwarranted attack. **** that.

Those reporters deserve every ounce of scrutiny, though. Believe that. Don't report rumors as facts, plain and simple. He should not represent his rumors as invalidating her rumors, and her rumors shouldn't be her justification for invalidating his rumors. So on and so forth. These people are total amateurs.

When I did work as a journalist covering Nintendo, we were careful never to present anything as news if it didn't come from the lips of someone willing to print their name as the source.

It's a cesspool, but they created it for themselves. It's about getting the early scoop. It's about being the source for everyone else's news. It's about printing stories to attract a lot of attention in a time with very sparse details. Worst of all, it's very little to do with actually reporting news.

On the topic of the NX, if it's the way Emily Rogers describes it (ie. "good for Nintendo games", "Japanese 3rd party support", "Not much Western support") then my interest is nil. They will have to work extra hard to sell me another Wii U.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:17:25 PM by Agent-X- »

Offline supermario2k

• View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: October 19, 2016, 12:17:04 PM »

Soren, I work in the real news media, have worked in television, radio, print, web, it's not exclusive to Nintendo, the entire country has this perception that people in the media are either supposed to be flawless and get it right every time or they are incredibly biased and can't be trusted. It's best to just roll your eyes at the nuts and move on. Trust me I get enough of that myself nobody takes anyone seriously if they don't fit some imaginary mold that nobody can ever fit into.

I feel your pain and it sucks but take a deep breath and look the other way, this entire election has turned the entire country into a screaming gob of nuts who all think everyone on the other side is a monster. Especially those of us in the media.And to prove my point see above comment posted while I was typing this. Bravo.

Um Agent X everyone has been careful up to now to say RUMOR in every story I have read. Is anyone really going on record as their source is LEGIT and all others are fake? Not the readers mind you I mean the journalists. Also not everyone with a Twitter is a journalist.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:19:52 PM by supermario2k »

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: October 19, 2016, 12:21:42 PM »

Soren, I work in the real news media, have worked in television, radio, print, web, it's not exclusive to Nintendo, the entire country has this perception that people in the media are either supposed to be flawless and get it right every time or they are incredibly biased and can't be trusted. It's best to just roll your eyes at the nuts and move on. Trust me I get enough of that myself nobody takes anyone seriously if they don't fit some imaginary mold that nobody can ever fit into.

I feel your pain and it sucks but take a deep breath and look the other way, this entire election has turned the entire country into a screaming gob of nuts who all think everyone on the other side is a monster. Especially those of us in the media.And to prove my point see above comment posted while I was typing this. Bravo.

Dude, you work in the media. Journalists are incredibly biased. Employers do force their reporters to only report what they want. I have every reason to approach every piece of news with high skepticism. Your source is very important to me, and those who have the best sources have the highest credibility. Report to me something that is false and your reputation ought to take a big hit. Getting it wrong is as good as spreading a lie. Why do those in the media not comprehend this anymore?

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: October 19, 2016, 12:28:33 PM »

Um Agent X everyone has been careful up to now to say RUMOR in every story I have read. Is anyone really going on record as their source is LEGIT and all others are fake? Not the readers mind you I mean the journalists. Also not everyone with a Twitter is a journalist.

I'm working off the assumption that Soren is referring to Emily Rogers, Super Metal Dave 64, EGM, etc., because these are the main outlets everyone is generally talking about. In reference to those supposed journalists (and I do count anyone in the business of sharing information with a following of readers as a reporter or member of the media) I would say that they stake their reputation on what they publish. Even EGM is somewhat culpable for the way in which they have presented Emily Rogers' rumors. They did not, however, give equal coverage to competing leads.

If I totally misunderstood Soren, my apologies. This thread went quiet for a few days and then all of a sudden sprang to life. I thought I read all the new posts.

Still, I think the measure by which I grade journalists is fair. I'm not saying a reporter cannot redeem their credibility, but trust should be hard to come by.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 12:34:47 PM by Agent-X- »