Author Topic: Anybody getting the new Wii bundle?  (Read 7165 times)

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Anybody getting the new Wii bundle?
« on: October 22, 2010, 01:46:36 AM »
The newly announced 25 anniversary wii looks ridiculous, plus it brings the new wiimote with added motion plus, new super mario bros, and wii sports, and its red. i got my wii at lauch and its a bit beaten, lucky i didnt buy the black edition although i was tempted, but i have to admit that this is a good time to replace my old one.

Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody getting the new Wii bundle?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 02:56:39 AM »
I want this for the sole reason of getting a red wii! Then on the side I can give away Mario and Wii sports as christmas presents.

Edit:

Uh oh... I said this in at least 3 threads now. I'm turning into NWRs worst nightmare!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 03:07:35 AM »
I want this for the sole reason of getting a red wii! Then on the side I can give away Mario and Wii sports as christmas presents.

Edit:

Uh oh... I said this in at least 3 threads now. I'm turning into NWRs worst nightmare!

You should go post about it in the funhouse.

Offline mbtshoes2011

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 03:10:10 AM »
The same to me.I want this for the sole reason of getting a red wii! Then on the side I can give away Mario and Wii sports as christmas presents.

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 03:21:28 AM »
my main reason if the color, although its a great package.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 04:30:47 AM »
So it only includes Wii Sports? The black bundle includes Wii Sports resort. So this would kinda be a step backwards in that respect. It is also odd, because this bundle includes M+ yet neither of the two bundled games make any use of it at all.

However, I do agree the red color is great, and it is also great to see (New) Super Mario Bros. return as a pack-in with a Nintendo console. This is just like the good old days of the NES which came with SMB and Duck Hunt on a single cartridge. I don't imagine that NSMB and Wii Sports are going to come on the same Disc, but if they did that would be awesome.
is your sanity...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 04:34:44 AM »
So it only includes Wii Sports? The black bundle includes Wii Sports resort. So this would kinda be a step backwards in that respect. It is also odd, because this bundle includes M+ yet neither of the two bundled games make any use of it at all.

However, I do agree the red color is great, and it is also great to see (New) Super Mario Bros. return as a pack-in with a Nintendo console. This is just like the good old days of the NES which came with SMB and Duck Hunt on a single cartridge. I don't imagine that NSMB and Wii Sports are going to come on the same Disc, but if they did that would be awesome.

I would expect Wii Sports and WS Resort to be a good candidate for combining into a single disc.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 08:22:12 AM »
I want it, but doubt I'll get it.  If it had the 25th anniversary edition of Mario Bros., I'd grab it. :)
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 04:23:38 PM »
Kinda surprised it doesn't have that game with it. Makes perfect sense.
My Game Collection

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 04:37:48 PM »
Kinda surprised it doesn't have that game with it. Makes perfect sense.

That was my first impression when i first saw the bundle announced. NOA might sell it as a separate game.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 07:03:20 PM »
I would buy it if there were some way to transfer my data that didn't involve complex hacking, but since there isn't, I have no choice but to stick with the one I've got.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 09:59:30 PM »
Nintendo should have also taken the opportunity to boost the Wii's internal storage up from 512mb to something higher. How about 4GB to match that of the $199 360? And while they were at it, they could have had the original Super Mario Bros. preloaded on that internal storage. The game is only 500 points on the VC and would cost Nintendo virtually nothing to do that, but at the same time it would have added value to the bundle.
is your sanity...

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 10:12:39 PM »
I don't think we will be seeing any modifications to the Wii except the different colours.  If they were going to do that they should would have done it a year or two ago. 

I would buy it if there were some way to transfer my data that didn't involve complex hacking, but since there isn't, I have no choice but to stick with the one I've got.

Same with me.  Mind you, I am probably one of a unique few that has not even half way filled up my internal memory.  But the few things that are on there can't be transferred so I would have no intention of picking it up. 

Offline TheBlackCat

• Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 10:19:14 PM »
I need to get a wii for my sister, so I am hoping they come out with a bundle with wii sports resort and M+.
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 12:36:13 AM »
I need to get a wii for my sister, so I am hoping they come out with a bundle with wii sports resort and M+.

They have that in the form of the Black Wii Bundle.

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Hardware-Bundle-Black-Nintendo/dp/B0045F8QDE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287808490&sr=8-1
is your sanity...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 05:37:50 AM »
...they could have had the original Super Mario Bros. preloaded on that internal storage. The game is only 500 points on the VC and would cost Nintendo virtually nothing to do that, but at the same time it would have added value to the bundle.

Make it a redeemable voucher so that it encourages folks to get their Wiis online.
My Game Collection

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 05:00:48 PM »
^i dont think nintendo cares anymore about the wii's online infrastructure, they moved on into the next console, cause they know they cant ignore online gaming anymore.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 09:53:50 AM »
I would buy it...but I am saving for the 3DS.

Offline AzureEternal

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Mechanized Gamer
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 11:27:43 AM »
I will indeed be purchasing the new bundle - the color and the new, integrated wii motion plus controller was a big selling point for me.  It also doesn't hurt that my original Wii has seen better days, so I see this as a perfect time to upgrade.  ;D

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 11:55:07 AM »
^i dont think nintendo cares anymore about the wii's online infrastructure, they moved on into the next console, cause they know they cant ignore online gaming anymore.

Nintendo cares about online infrastructure because they care about money, and they want people to spend money on the VC and in WiiWare, so they want people to get their Wiis online for that reason. They also want people to get their Wiis online so they can shove more anti-piracy/homebrew firmware upgrades on them, and so they can send advertisements to them via the Nintendo Channel and message board about new and upcoming products.

Stratos is right that a voucher for a free game would entice people to getting it set up.
is your sanity...

Offline alegoicoe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2010, 03:27:25 PM »

Yes, I understand, but the wii online infrastructure sucks, all am saying is that nintendo knows that next round they have to step it up.