Author Topic: SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL - The New Megathread  (Read 350239 times)

Offline TEM

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Super Smash Bros. Brawl (nsf56k)
« Reply #1025 on: July 17, 2007, 04:30:42 PM »

Originally posted by: Dirk Temporo

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion
Seems like a giant waste of time and money when midi sounds just as good these days...

Anybody who honestly thinks midi sounds as good as a real, live orchestra needs to listen to more music. Midi will never sound as good as the real thing. And all this midi crap is disappointing, especially when Sakurai said that the entire soundtrack would be orchestrated.

You are my new best friend.

"Big, terrifying spiders are proof that God doesn't exist." - Anonymous

Offline Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (nsf56k)
« Reply #1026 on: July 17, 2007, 05:29:12 PM »
Are you saying that because your a really happy dog?
"Hey....

I'm not a whore, ok? Really.....really, I'm not.

But, if she slips man....if she slips, I slide!"

Qoute of the Summer

Offline Mashiro

• Silent Protagonist
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 17, 2007, 08:05:46 PM »
Wow that's pretty crazy. Zero Suit Samus I guess isn't a stand alone character but is a result of Samus' final smash.

Kinda weird. Though thinking about it in the first trailer ever for the game she does use her final smash and then we see Zero Suit Samus.

Very interesting.

Edit: oh and the blast looks freaking awesome.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 17, 2007, 08:11:53 PM »
What many of us have been saying since last year has now been officially confirmed.

Samus Final Smash causes her to transform into Zero Suit Samus.
Iā€™m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 17, 2007, 08:26:57 PM »
Though hardly a surprise, I was still hoping Sakurai and co would change their minds and make ZSS selectable. Samus' Final Smash could've easily been the hyper beam or power bomb. Not as flashy, but I'd rather have a whole extra selectable character.

However...

If you can select Samus and hold A before the match to transform into ZSS (like the Sheik "trick" in Melee), that'd be fine with me... granted, you likely couldn't transform back into regular Samus. I think that's a fair compromise though Zero Suit Samus probably doesn't have a Final Smash. They could have the "death" animation (you know when Samus dies and her suit explodes off as she arches her back) before the match which would be so cool.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #1030 on: July 17, 2007, 08:55:09 PM »

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
What many of us have been saying since last year has now been officially confirmed.

Samus Final Smash causes her to transform into Zero Suit Samus.

Yep. I'm not surprised at all... although I love the fact that you can throw pieces of her suit that fell off. I do wonder how this impacts the rest of the match. Like if she will only stay in the Zero Suit until the next life is lost, or if the change stays for the rest of the match.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 17, 2007, 09:06:03 PM »

Originally posted by: Adrock
Though hardly a surprise, I was still hoping Sakurai and co would change their minds and make ZSS selectable. Samus' Final Smash could've easily been the hyper beam or power bomb. Not as flashy, but I'd rather have a whole extra selectable character.

However...

If you can select Samus and hold A before the match to transform into ZSS (like the Sheik "trick" in Melee), that'd be fine with me... granted, you likely couldn't transform back into regular Samus. I think that's a fair compromise though Zero Suit Samus probably doesn't have a Final Smash. They could have the "death" animation (you know when Samus dies and her suit explodes off as she arches her back) before the match which would be so cool.

why would ZSS not have a FSA? What if one were to get a Smash Ball while playing as ZSS (assuming of course my personal theory of how the Smash Ball works is correct)? I think that ZSS's FSA will in fact change her back into Armored Samus. My guess is that ZSS's FSA will be the Crystal Flash from Super Metroid which will reform the suite on her.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #1032 on: July 17, 2007, 09:17:33 PM »

Originally posted by: anubis6789
why would ZSS not have a FSA?

"The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but onceā€¦and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed."

The site seems to indicate that Final Smashes can only be used once per character, so I would be surprised if Zero Suit Samus had her own Final Smash on top of Samus', but it's not impossible.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 17, 2007, 09:38:24 PM »

Originally posted by: Arbok

Originally posted by: anubis6789
why would ZSS not have a FSA?

"The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but onceā€¦and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed."

The site seems to indicate that Final Smashes can only be used once per character, so I would be surprised if Zero Suit Samus had her own Final Smash on top of Samus', but it's not impossible.

That wording could also mean once per match, or once per Smash Ball pick up. I am inclined to believe that it is once per pick up.  There is also the possibility that there is a way to start as ZSS, like Sheik in SSBM, in which case ZSS would still need an FSA.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1034 on: July 18, 2007, 02:21:29 AM »
I have another question about Samus and her suit.  Is that the only way to have her suit fall off.  

Perhaps after a certain amount of damage it can fall off as well.  Or what if the player can taunt and remove the suit...basically shedding your suits protection, but allowing you to eliminate the damage you have received during the match...that would be pretty cool.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: July 18, 2007, 02:48:04 AM »
Finally confirmed so pointless debate on the topic can end!  I hope something about Sheik is announced tomorrow (character or assist trophy or whatever, don't care) so we can stop talking about that too...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #1036 on: July 18, 2007, 02:52:36 AM »
I'm very embarrassed about this Samus thing.  I was wrong.  

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1037 on: July 18, 2007, 03:12:52 AM »
It's official.  Samus is a broken character.  

Zero-Suit should have been a separate selectable character, AND Samus should have a different Final Smash, too.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 18, 2007, 03:15:48 AM »

Originally posted by: Adrock
Mario and Luigi should be a character... yes, together and have Bros. moves from Superstar Saga. The problem is trying to differentiate them if other players choose individual Mario and Luigi.

Lets take your idea and run with it.  Why not just have two Players play Mario and Luigi on the same team allowing them to hop on each other and like to do Superstar moves?

To the Audio People: Yes Midi played by an electrical device, their for people who want to play it with real instruments, will never be as rich as a real live orchestrated performance.  Though it can be much more dynamic in an interactive way.  Though in all actuality this doesn't really get my goat or anything because I realize that.  I believe it is important for the music to be interactive with the game and really complement it.  High Quality Midi when done well will not degrade my game enjoyment.

Now why we're on the topic.  What really annoys me is that everyone seems to be ok with mp3's.  Come on... When I got my Audigy 2 it came with an Audio DVD.  It was night and day.  I really like Lossless music.  Especially for instrumental music, read any non-electric instrument.  Part of the reason I haven't jumped on the Digital music band wagon.

Now to wrap up with the update.  Throwing the suit is great.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 18, 2007, 03:23:42 AM »

Originally posted by: Rachtman
It's official.  Samus is a broken character.  

Zero-Suit should have been a separate selectable character, AND Samus should have a different Final Smash, too.

Totally not over-reacting...And God forbid there be more variety and unique characters...

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 18, 2007, 03:29:25 AM »
oh wow, something that was confirmed in the first official trailer is now spelled out for the dummies out there.
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1041 on: July 18, 2007, 04:25:58 AM »
Dasmos:  What really impresses me about that first trailer now is how much information they gave us about characters, and we thought we were just getting a nice CGI animation introducing the game.

But we learned about Final Smashes even showing us several of them.  Gave us 4 brand new characters, and showed us several of their actual moves.  Even crazy stuff like Wario's Bike Special was hinted at.  

Bill Aurion:  I definitely like how they truly added something new to the game, and added to Samus' character.  Which she really needed, because Samus was a pretty boring Smash character.  Now this adds a little depth.

Unfortunately, I do not believe this totally answers are questions about Samus...we need more confirmations.  Is this the only way to turn into Zero Suit Samus?  Can you turn back to normal Samus?  Is there away to star as Zero Suit Samus ect.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 18, 2007, 04:49:23 AM »

Originally posted by: Adrock on Mario Galaxy Thread

Mario needs to don the Fire Flower suit...

...when he does his Final Smash

That would be great.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 18, 2007, 04:54:14 AM »
It looks like Samus is dropping her weapon in the last shot.  I wonder what that's about.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 18, 2007, 05:03:27 AM »
Well her Power Cannon is part of her suit...

(Edit: Oh, you must be talking about her gun/sword thing...I dunno, didn't even notice that... =O)

Offline Chasefox

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 18, 2007, 12:01:12 PM »
So most of the assist trophies and characters were at least trophies in the other game it seems, but how about something else...Wolf O'Donnell was in the opening movie to Melee, but not a trophy if I remember correctly...my brother and I want him to be in Brawl more than anyone else, think he has a chance as a trophy if not an actual character? (would prefer the playable character, obviously)
Wii #: 5265 0575 1339 3836<BR><BR>Guitar Hero #:  <BR>4553-8748-6319<BR><BR>PM me if you add my #

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #1046 on: July 18, 2007, 08:12:30 PM »

Originally posted by: Chasefox
So most of the assist trophies and characters were at least trophies in the other game it seems, but how about something else...Wolf O'Donnell was in the opening movie to Melee, but not a trophy if I remember correctly...my brother and I want him to be in Brawl more than anyone else, think he has a chance as a trophy if not an actual character? (would prefer the playable character, obviously)

I don't think it's very likely. If anyone from the Star Fox franchise is going to be added in, I think Krystal is probably the most likely, due to the fact that there aren't many female characters to pick from and that she has enough powers/weapons to easily make a playable character of. It's not out of the question, though.

Anyway, site got updated with Zero Suit Samus, which only adds further support that Sheik is still a likely addition as part of Zelda in the future.  
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #1047 on: July 18, 2007, 08:19:40 PM »
So.. does this mean Sakurai is going to add a character profile for Giga Bowser soon?  >_<

Geez, why can't he just come out and say that she's a fully selectable playable character from the get-go?  GRRRRR.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Mikintosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 18, 2007, 08:22:36 PM »

Originally posted by: Arbok

Originally posted by: Chasefox

I don't think it's very likely. If anyone from the Star Fox franchise is going to be added in, I think Krystal is probably the most likely, due to the fact that there aren't many female characters to pick from and that she has enough powers/weapons to easily make a playable character of. It's not out of the question, though.

Anyway, site got updated with Zero Suit Samus, which only adds further support that Sheik is still a likely addition as part of Zelda in the future.

Why? If anything, I'd think the opposite, since it looks like Zero Suit Samus controls exactly like Sheik, making the latter redundant.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #1049 on: July 18, 2007, 08:31:08 PM »

Originally posted by: Mikintosh
Why? If anything, I'd think the opposite, since it looks like Zero Suit Samus controls exactly like Sheik, making the latter redundant.

In the videos, she is noticeably slower than Sheik was for one thing, but really we know nothing about her moves except for her whip... that's hardly enough to say that she's going to be exactly like Sheik.

Considering it's a more difficult transformation too, I think it more than enough merits having both.  
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk