Author Topic: Bands that I like (but other people hate)...  (Read 16420 times)

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
Re: Bands that I like (but other people hate)...
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2012, 05:54:54 PM »
Sometimes I wish more music was just instrumental, without any vocals or lyrics. I know plenty of rock bands make instrumental music, but what about rappers, pop artists, electronica, etc.?
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2012, 07:36:56 PM »
Most instrumental songs are just not that good IMO. There are some good ones, but they are rare to me. I think I only listen to them when I want something relaxing in the background.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2012, 11:04:03 PM »
Music is amazing and finding a new song is like finding a new recipe that you don't have to cook, but you get to taste it all the same.

This, too.

PS Hook me up with that Rihanna instrumental lol

@Tendoboy1984 & TJSpyke - Here ya go:

Explosions in the Sky "Six days at the bottom of the ocean" - Starts off slow but the build-up is a fucking journey

Anamanaguchi "Mermaid" Not your average chip-tunes.

Blockhead "It's Raining Clouds" - Ok so he uses some voice samples in there from time to time but there's no traditional verse/chorus structure so I still count this as instrumental, this track especially.

Cinnamon Chasers "Luv Deluxe" - Their album isn't fully instrumental but this song fills the electronica void.

Com Truise "Glawio" Ok, this guy's all electronica, and this song is one of my favorites. Put the volume up on the best stereo you have and prepare to journey through the galaxy.

Empire of the Sun "Country" I dunno if this song fits into the pop-genre, but these guys are a bit of a pop-rock band so close enough right? Plus @2:10 always seems to remind me of Water Land Theme from SMB3! haha

I'm either too lazy or I can't pinpoint Four Tet's particular sound but, regardless, it's all good

Gym Class Heroes have always had a way of blending rock/pop/hip-hop nicely, this instrumental is very chill.

Not gonna lie, I got into Hudson Mohawke cuz of this show. His other stuff is good too!

The Internet "Violet Nude Women" if you're into trip-hop

M83 "I'm Happy, She Said" - Can't say much about this song, I just love it.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3dh2tDbNTg]Skream "Tortured Soul"
- I know dubstep gets a lot of flak but it isn't as new as everyone makes it seem.. These both came out in 2006

Steve Aoki "The 80's" - doesn't just remix ****.

VHS or Beta "Solid Gold" - These guys mix rock and disco (and aren't all instrumental).This song is notably disco, but I'd also recommend Nightwaves

ok, kids, I spent way too long sharing some of my favorite instrumentals with you (literally went through my entire music library hand picking these). Enjoy!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2012, 01:33:11 PM »
Cake is a great band.

Hell yeah it is!
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2012, 01:50:17 PM »
80s

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2012, 06:44:14 PM »
80s

Don't get me started. You saw my last post.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2012, 12:29:56 AM »
Anyone else a fan of big band/jazz music? I'm currently listening to Harry Connick Jr. who (in my opinion) is the best modern big band singer out there. He perfectly captures the musical styles of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin.

It's a shame that big band music isn't popular with our generation. I'm 27 and I've always loved jazzy music. Of course, it may be because my dad's family is Italian American descent (all of them are from New York).

Are there any other big band/jazz artists like Harry Connick Jr. and Michael Buble?

EDIT: I found a new guy called "John Stevens". According to a quick Google search, he was on the 3rd season of American Idol.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:46:01 AM by tendoboy1984 »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2012, 12:49:16 AM »
I just realized that Matchbox 20 is the band with Rob Thomas in it. I really like his singing voice. :\

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2012, 01:01:41 AM »
I just realized that Matchbox 20 is the band with Rob Thomas in it. I really like his singing voice. :\

What about the singers I posted above your comment? (big band/jazz style music)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2012, 01:07:27 AM »
I like jazz, but not with vocals.

Offline toddra

• You dirty RAT
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2012, 12:44:38 AM »
I will probably get some hate for this but for me the 90's were the worst time for rock music. Every band I liked either came from the late 70's to early 80's. Nothing has come out in the last decade that I can even tolerate at all. I used to be really into rap music but I grew up. Now all I can listen to is 80's pop and lot's of Kylie Minogue. The only 90's band I really did like was Garbage, I got into No Doubt when they came out but I think that was just because it was cool to like them.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2012, 08:22:56 PM »
Iansane said the same thing and I was able to get him into new music, kind of.