Author Topic: PREVIEWS: EA Sports Active 2.0  (Read 1245 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
PREVIEWS: EA Sports Active 2.0
« on: April 26, 2010, 04:11:06 PM »
Throw that Nunchuk away. The new sensors are way cooler.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/previewArt.cfm?artid=22980

EA Sports Active 2.0 is the first real sequel to EA Sports' debut in the world of fitness games. Last fall's More Workouts was nothing more than an expansion pack that placed you on a tropical island with a new six-week challenge, along with a token few new exercises and features. Active 2.0 (which is only a working title) takes place in a new desert oasis, adds 50+ new exercises, and introduces new wireless motion sensors.    

The sensors, requiring one AAA battery each, strap onto your left arm and right leg, and they read your movement and also track your heart rate. They replace the Nunchuk, used in the two previous entries. You were required to detach and reattach the Nunchuk often, and also take it in and out of the leg strap for practically every other exercise. In Active 2.0 you strap on the sensors while you get prepared for your workout, and you're good to go. They add better freedom of motion, as there is no cord to get in the way, and they're also more responsive and make it harder to cheat.    

Along with the new peripherals, the game also features more of a sport focus than in previous titles. There are different types of exercises that make the experience more of a game. You can now head soccer balls into a net while performing jump squats, or do lunges while trying to defend a goal in the soccer set of exercises.  You can also combine the two and shoot a foul shot in the basketball set.    

Active 2.0 will also feature a new nine-week program, which is divided into three different sections that focus on specific parts of your body. There will also be an involved online hub, but the specifics are unknown right now.    

EA Sports Active 2.0 will come bundled with a new stronger resistance band and two wireless motion sensors.  It hits stores this fall.    

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ControlerFleX

• Best new poster
  • Score: -5
    • View Profile
Re: PREVIEWS: EA Sports Active 2.0
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 04:24:06 PM »
Every time I read about a fitness title I hear " She work hard for the money...." in my head....

Doing this with out the Wiimote is not only their indication of them placing this on other systems but it's also the step before making this a stand alone item(Plug-n-Play)... and if you act now we'll throw in two more sensors and resistnace bands for FREE!! Just pay separate shipping and handling.
....he asked me if the glass was half full or half empty. "Neither." I replied. "I see a glass that is two times bigger than it needs to be....

Forever debited to you my friend...