Author Topic: The Sims 3  (Read 8542 times)

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
The Sims 3
« on: May 29, 2009, 03:41:23 PM »
Shame on you guys for not having a Sims 3 topic! One of the best games of the year is coming out next week and no one here is talking about it!

So who here is getting this wonderful game?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: The Sims 3
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 04:20:42 PM »
We're not really into "ant farm" games.  Rather, we prefer to be the ants.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 04:25:13 PM »

If you don't like the Sims 3 you are a bad person.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 05:20:14 PM »

QFT

im interested, but it seems like sims 2 just came out. Even if it was like 5 years ago. I wonder if its going to be more sim city like?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:22:44 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 05:31:23 PM »

QFT

im interested, but it seems like sims 2 just came out. Even if it was like 5 years ago. I wonder if its going to be more sim city like?

It seems to be unique mixture of the two. I am happy to see EA trying innovate the series. While Sims 2 is fantastic, it isn't that much different from the first game.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 05:41:04 PM »
Some people on another of my forums have tried it, and all called it trash.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 05:43:08 PM »

Well considering how they may have gotten there copy, that description can apply to the individual as well!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:51:44 PM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 05:51:40 PM »

Well considering how they would have gotten it, that description can apply to the individual as well!

That may be, but given a certain film that had... leakage... they're convinced the retail version will be the same.

I will get around to renting it soon enough.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 05:54:31 PM »

Well considering how they would have gotten it, that description can apply to the individual as well!

That may be, but given a certain film that had... leakage... they're convinced the retail version will be the same.

I will get around to renting it soon enough.

Well considering how important the franchise is, if there are any major issues I'm sure they'll be patched

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 05:54:40 PM »
i cant figure how a new sims could ever be trash considering how good the last two games were, heres a question how many original style sims can you put on a screen at once?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 10:49:32 PM »
i cant figure how a new sims could ever be trash considering how good the last two games were, heres a question how many original style sims can you put on a screen at once?

Hmmm not sure. My guess is quite a few.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 02:53:40 AM »
I still have several Sims 2 expansion packs that I have but haven't played and my gaming budget is limited right now so I won't be getting it right away, though I will at some point, and I'm very interested in the iPhone version.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 03:02:59 AM »
Aren't The Sims games made for girls? I don't play girly games.

Real men play SimCity

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 03:47:00 AM »
Probably gonna get it. I have some questions though for people who are more read up on it.

- Will it be as friendly to mods as Sims 2 was?
- Will there be achievements?
- Is the leaked one the final version?

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 04:14:37 AM »
Probably gonna get it. I have some questions though for people who are more read up on it.

- Will it be as friendly to mods as Sims 2 was?
- Will there be achievements?
- Is the leaked one the final version?

Not sure about achievements but from what I understand it is just as mod friendly as the others. In regards to the leaked version, yes it is but some features cannot be activated (mostly the community features).

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 08:24:42 AM »
Also does the retail one have any awful, computer-destroying "security" "features" on it? I might buy it, but I'm really hesitant because of that mess that happened with Spore, and Sims 2 retail didn't work with my DVD drive because of its security stuff and it was never, ever patched. Yeah. I had to download a no-disc crack just to play my legit copy. Hurrrrrrrr.

So I'm guessing it probably does

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 08:27:49 AM »
Hmmm, not sure how it is set up but from what I heard they backed off a bit on security. There was talks that they are regretting it now because of the leak!

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 08:56:59 AM »
Based on what I've googled in ten minutes or so, it seems like there's no secuROM unless you buy the online-download one. For anybody who missed it, this how cool securom is:

Consumers have accused BioShock of installing a rootkit. An official announcement was made denying the use of any type of rootkit.

The game required consumers to activate the game online and originally set a maximum of two activations before they would have to call to get more activations. This was raised to five activations because an incorrect phone number had been printed on the manual and call centers were only in the United States. Users also found that the game had to be activated for each user on the same machine.

In May 2008 EA announced that Mass Effect for the PC would be using SecuROM 7.x requiring a reactivation of the software every 10 days. Due to complaints, EA removed the 10-day activation while keeping SecuROM tied to the installation. SecuROM's product activation facility was still used to impose a limit of three times that a customer is allowed to activate the copy of Mass Effect they purchased. The game becomes unplayable "as is" after the activations are used up, until EA's customer support is contacted to reset the activation limit, or until activation is bypassed using one of a number of available tools. Unlike BioShock, uninstalling the game does not refund a previously used activation.

Q: What happens when I’ve reached the maximum number of computers for my game and I need more? (Due to computer upgrades, theft, crashes, etc.)
A: EA Customer Support is on hand to supply any additional authorizations that are warranted. This will be done on a case-by-case basis by contacting Customer Support.

lol. So yeah I would be a little concerned that Sims 3 might install computer cancer directly into my windows kernel.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 06:22:00 PM »
Forget the game. Why pay for a purposefully incomplete product? The Sims 2 was bad enough. An expansion pack every six months, with a "Stuff Pack" in between those. DLC-exclusive items from the website that cost even more. Hell, even the amateurish player-made stuff often requires you to pay! Will Wright kind of reached his peak with the Sims. Of course, he's not involved this time around, but after seeing how Spore turned out, would you really want him to be?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:23:57 PM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 09:25:10 PM »
Of course, he's not involved this time around, but after seeing how Spore turned out, would you really want him to be?

Yeah I loved Spore. So I wouldn't mind him being involved with this. Also the Sims 2 had more then enough content without the expansion packs especially when you add in the community creations.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/988/988108p2.html

IGN gives it an 8.9.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:27:09 PM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 09:46:07 PM »
Does this one have pets from the beginning or am I going to have to buy that expansion pack a third time? That was the only Sims 2 expansion that felt like a ripoff and something that should have reasonably been expected to be in the original game.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 10:45:41 PM »
Of course, he's not involved this time around, but after seeing how Spore turned out, would you really want him to be?

Yeah I loved Spore. So I wouldn't mind him being involved with this. Also the Sims 2 had more then enough content without the expansion packs especially when you add in the community creations.

IGN gives it an 8.9.

The Sims 2 did not have near enough content as a stand-alone. Hell, it didn't even include the large majority of what was made available in the first game throughout its life. You were basically resold the same expansion packs for a new game engine. The Sims franchise is a perfect example of EA greed. Too bad too, as I recall loving the original game.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 03:15:36 AM »

IGN gives it an 8.9.

The Sims 2 did not have near enough content as a stand-alone. Hell, it didn't even include the large majority of what was made available in the first game throughout its life. You were basically resold the same expansion packs for a new game engine. The Sims franchise is a perfect example of EA greed. Too bad too, as I recall loving the original game.

Good for you.

Anyway I'm getting g it tomorrow and with the wonderful scores it is getting I can't wait (BTW insano I agree about the pets but the other expansions added quite a bit of content). Beyond that though the expansion packs were all quite good and added a ton more features (Not to mention even more countless hours). The way I view the expansion packs is that the base game is created and pushed out, and from there the team is given time to expand it with each expansion pack. Which is fine with me if the main game is deep enough.

The only things I'd call a rip off were the item packs, but even then you can choose not to buy them and rely on the community to create fascinating items.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 03:58:48 AM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 01:56:09 PM »
ever since GP registered I've been thinking she's an EA plant

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 11:12:54 PM »
ever since GP registered I've been thinking she's an EA plant

Anyone that looks at the Sims' community and holds back a laugh has to be. I've never seen so many people brag about recolored items before. Let alone the people that (poorly) make new clothing and then try to charge for either it individually or through a subscription to their websites. Greed apparently trickles downward with EA games.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 01:07:01 AM »
I've been trickled down on by EA before and it doesn't feel good

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 01:52:20 PM »
Was it the computer cancer?  Or something else warm?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.