Author Topic: Lego Star Wars II Ships Today  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Lego Star Wars II Ships Today
« on: September 12, 2006, 11:30:38 AM »
There are too many Star Wars jokes, so just choose your favorite.

Darth Vader in a Bikini? LucasArts and TT Games Ship LEGO(R) Star Wars(R) II: The Original Trilogy, One of the Most Anticipated Family Entertainment Titles of 2006    

Build and battle your way through a tongue-in-cheek Star Wars galaxy in LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy. (Photo: Business Wire)  SAN FRANCISCO --(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 12, 2006--LucasArts and TT Games today announced that it has shipped its hotly anticipated videogame, LEGO(R) Star Wars(R) II: The Original Trilogy, to retailers worldwide. Presale data, retailers and wide-ranging rave media reviews of the game all point to its broad appeal.    

LEGO Star Wars II combines the fun and endless customization of LEGO play with a hilarious, tongue-in-cheek take on the epic story, characters and action from the classic Star Wars: Episodes IV, V and VI films. In order to provide immediate fun and accessibility for all families, LEGO Star Wars II is available on eight platforms, including the PlayStation(R) 2 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360 and Xbox(R) video game systems from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube(TM), Nintendo DS(TM), Nintendo Game Boy(R) Advance, PSP(R) (PlayStation(R)Portable system) and Windows.    

Families Can Mix and Match Their Favorite Star Wars Heroes    

One of LEGO Star Wars II's most amusing new features is the Character Customizer. More than 60 playable characters, and their assorted heads, torsos, midsections and legs, can be unlocked throughout the course of the game. These parts can then be mixed and matched like actual LEGO minifigures to create the likes of Darth Threepio, Stormbacca or Ewok Organa -- there are literally millions of possibilities!    

Based on presale information from major retailers, LucasArts expects extremely high consumer anticipation for LEGO Star Wars II's arrival on store shelves and has created special programs at retailers across the country, including Toys "R" Us, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, GameStop and Circuit City.    

"LEGO Star Wars II offers fans a brand new way to experience the classic trilogy and is a terrific addition to the largest selection of Star Wars toys and games already available at Toys "R" Us stores nationwide," said Ron Boire, President, Toys "R" Us, U.S. "The first LEGO Star Wars was a fan favorite, and we believe families will be excited by the chance to step into the roles of their favorite, original Star Wars characters in LEGO Star Wars II. To celebrate the launch, Toys "R" Us will offer an exclusive promotion for customers who purchase LEGO Star Wars II during the week of the game's release."    

LEGO Star Wars II Has Wide-Ranging Appeal That Showcases the Breadth of Family-Gaming Fun Available Today    

"Star Wars is a cultural icon that is adored by fans of all ages and demographics, and as the industry evolves, games like LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy help us expand beyond the traditional hardcore gaming audience," said Jeff Bell, Corporate Vice President of Global Marketing, Interactive Entertainment Business, Microsoft. "As the first of many family-oriented titles for Xbox 360, LEGO Star Wars II leads the charge in broadening the range of consumers who will enjoy all of the system's high-definition, next-generation content."    

Also shipping today are the individual two-disc DVD sets of the original Star Wars film trilogy, Episode IV A New Hope, Episode V The Empire Strikes Back(TM) and Episode VI Return of the Jedi(TM).    

More Information About LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy    

With a unique tongue-in-cheek take on the original trilogy, LEGO Star Wars II lets gamers build and battle their way through their favorite film moments. From Darth Vader's pursuit of Princess Leia aboard her Blockade Runner to Luke's final confrontation with Emperor Palpatine, the game includes even more of the family-friendly LEGO action, puzzles and humor that helped the original LEGO Star Wars sell over 2.5 million copies worldwide (according to NPD Funworld).    

In LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy, for the first time ever, characters can get in and out of vehicles, as well as ride creatures. Because of its LEGO brick style, players also can mix and match the body parts of more than 50 playable characters to create one of millions of possible LEGO Star Wars heroes. And on PlayStation 2, Xbox and Windows platforms, a game save from the first LEGO Star Wars can unlock another 50-plus additional characters for Free Play mode; that's more than 100 total characters! Other exciting additions include free-roaming vehicle levels, the ability to switch ships at will in Free Play mode, cool new character-specific attacks and maneuvers, playable mini-kit vehicles, an adaptive difficulty option and more.    

LEGO Star Wars II was developed by Traveller's Tales for the Xbox 360 and Xbox video game systems from Microsoft, PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, PSP system, Nintendo GameCube and Windows, and by Amaze Entertainment for Nintendo DS and Nintendo Game Boy Advance.

I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline TMW

• The Man Whore, if you're wondering.
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Lego Star Wars II Ships Today
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 02:14:16 PM »
WTF!?  

No gamesave characters for the Gamecube version? What kind of crap is this?
Jesus saves! Everyone else, roll for damage.<BR><BR>Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean there's not an invisible monster about to eat your face off.

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
RE:Lego Star Wars II Ships Today
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 03:03:46 PM »
Yeah, no appreciation for the fans who helped make this game popular.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 03:32:36 PM »
This will probably be my last gaming hurrah on the GC. Here's to you, Cube!

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 06:42:38 PM »

Originally posted by: TMW
WTF!?  

No gamesave characters for the Gamecube version? What kind of crap is this?

Yeah, I really can't fathom why that would be done either, unless Lucas Arts just really hates us that much...
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline Chode2234

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 03:55:53 PM »
I am torn whether to get the cube version or the DS version.  
Wii:  0279 2707 3253 3306

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 10:41:36 PM »
AMAZING UPDATE: According to the GC game's manual you can in fact upload characters from your mem card save of the original game. So, this press release was erroneous with a capital stupid.
Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog