Author Topic: Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings Confirmed  (Read 2497 times)

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings Confirmed
« on: September 13, 2006, 10:17:21 AM »

Rumours earlier in the week of a new chapter in the Final Fantasy XII story appear to be true, and it seems the title is heading to the Nintendo DS after all.

Revealed in the pages of Shohen Jump magazine, details on Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings remain virtually non-existent at the present time, though the game reportedly focuses on the continuing stories of Vaan and Penelo. The announcement signifies an ever healing bond between Nintendo and Square-Enix, which has already seen the RPG giant already commit its heavy franchises to the Nintendo Wii.

Wohoo! I can't wait to see what this game is going to look like.
I find it so funny that Nintendo is getting a FFXII spin-off for their handheld insted of Sony. =P  
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings Confirme
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 10:24:52 AM »
It's because SE just develops for the leading console.  It's the same thing they were doing before, so anybody who hated SE before has to still hate them now or they're OUT OF THE CLUB.

Actually, maybe not, let's see.  The DS can't exactly hold a ton of FMV, so there are two possible options: (1) SE starts making actual games, or (2) instead of 20 minutes of video its just 20 minutes of in-game dialogue.  If it's the former, you can start liking SE again.  Otherwise NO.

Thems the rules.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings Confirmed.. for the DS
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 10:36:17 AM »

I find it so funny that Nintendo is getting a FFXII spin-off for their handheld insted of Sony. =P
It happened with Kingdom Hearts, why not Final Fantasy?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Karl Castaneda #2

• Staff Clone
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 11:52:33 AM »
PSP wasn't out at the time?
I am Karl Castaneda's news-posting clone, also known as Karl Castaneda #2. I have an inferiority complex, thanks to my being a clone. Fear me!

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 12:17:31 PM »
I thought ASH or whatever it's called (Archaic Sealed Heart I think?) was going to be full FMV.  That Sakugichimotron didn't like the fact that the DS couldn't handle great graphics, so he wanted it all in FMV.

No?
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline 31 Flavas

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings Confirmed.. for the DS
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 12:36:06 PM »

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing

The DS can't exactly hold a ton of FMV, so there are two possible options: [...]
I'm sure Nintendo/Squenix can procure DS cards larger then 1 Gbit in size if necessary. Also, the DS screens have much less resolution then the TV (or HDTV) and the video could be highly compressed.

Resident Evil DS is fine. How large was the PS1 version, 6-700meg?
"Once 6 A.M roles around on Friday it's like a human tsunami and everything will be taken within minutes." -- Luigi Dude

Offline Neodymium

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 01:04:21 PM »
I have a feeling Wii'll be getting an FFXIII spinoff as well.

At the same time, I wish Square could make one game instead of a zillion. Regardless, I'm sure when Wii crush Sony they'll be back completely.
The Mighty Pirate formerely known as PS2stinks..

Offline Guitar Smasher

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 05:52:14 PM »
Are you sure?  It seems that they'd have to add gameplay, if they were to bring FF to Wii.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
RE:Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings Confirmed.. for the DS
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 05:02:35 PM »
Chain of Memories was on GBA because GBA was a beast at the time.

This FFXII spinoff is strange since Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core is a PSP game. Perhaps a Wii port of Final Fantasy XII is coming. It'd be a perfect opportunity to cash in not only on FFXII, but Wii and DS as well. And we all know if there's one thing Square-Enix is good at, it's cashing in.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 06:19:55 AM »
No, gameplay is not necessary for Wii, since it uses DVD, they can stuff many hours of FMV on there, to make up for the babyish graphics.

I think this is good news, one more sign that Square Enix acknowledges DS as the winning handheld.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX