Author Topic: The "add to the picture!" game  (Read 6733 times)

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: The "add to the picture!" game
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2004, 05:58:03 PM »
TIME FOR NEW ROUND.  This time we're inside the house. =o

Original
My addition
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2004, 06:06:27 PM »
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
RE:The "add to the picture!" game
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2004, 06:41:42 PM »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2004, 06:51:11 PM »
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Dasmos

• Needs Him Some Tang in His Lollies
  • Score: 52
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2004, 07:17:46 PM »
Images are not allowed in signatures. That includes moving images (video).

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2004, 07:34:54 PM »
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2004, 11:41:08 AM »
Ermine excitement!

Some very cool ideas in yon pictures.  You fools are geniuses.  Mario's work with Reggie was particularly good.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2004, 02:08:46 PM »
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Toadette

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2004, 07:50:57 PM »
I have a really newb question, but when I put a picture down it leaves a white background behind my picture, and I was wondering how you get rid of it.  Also, when I save the picture, it loses a bunch of color...I'm a newb I know.
Currently Playing: LoZ: WW
Currently Watching: Starsky and Hutch
Currently listening to: Blink 182
Currently wanting to buy: Tales of Symphonia

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2004, 08:06:13 PM »
your saving your pictures as a gif or a highly compressed jpg...so either your getting lossy artifacting, or your getting a bad color conversion when you convert 16.7 million colors into 256. Gifs use indexed colors(256). Jpegs, png, and bitmaps use 16.7million colors.
Bitmaps are huige file sized...so for a newb..use jpgs.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Blaster009

• something with navy letters
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2004, 08:23:09 PM »

Originally posted by: Toadette
I have a really newb question, but when I put a picture down it leaves a white background behind my picture, and I was wondering how you get rid of it.

I'm a newb, too, and I also need help with this... when I copy a picture from a site and paste it, it usually has this white square around it that I don't know how to get rid of except for perfectly cutting the picture out of the square, which I can't do... I use paint for photoshopping by the way, since I have nothing else...

By the way, where is everyone finding these pictures to put in the photo? I'm having a tough time searching for stuff to put in the image...
~Blaster

Averaging less than 1 point playing Planet Trivia, 1.5 playing Radio Trivia

First Planet Trivia

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2004, 11:57:15 PM »

I have a really newb question, but when I put a picture down it leaves a white background behind my picture, and I was wondering how you get rid of it.

That looks like you need to know how to make something "transparent".

Like, lets say I found this here picture of Megaman, and wanted to stick him into a picture. If I did that, he'd have a black box around him, and he'd totally stick out.

So, what I would do with Photoshop is use the "pencil" and draw an outline around him with an unusual color, like 100% green or something. And color in all the rest of the black you want to get rid of too. The "magic wand" and the "paintbucket" tools are also really handy when doing this.

(By the way, this would be easier if the background wasn't black, because you'd want to keep the proper black outline around Megaman, but I couldn't find a better picture offhand to use as an example.)

Then you click "save for web" in Photoshop, which has a bunch of advanced saving features, drag the level-255 green color over to the "transparent" icon, and then all of the 100% green in the picture will go invisible.

Then I save it as a PNG. I think GIF invented the "transparent GIF" feature, but PNG was designed to be GIF's replacement, and keeps absolutely perfect image quality, so I really like it.

The end result should look like this. It's still in a square frame, but the frame's an invisible color, so you can stick the picture on things without worrying about it.

If you want to be tricky, you can crop an edge off of him, and then put him tight up against something, and it'll look like he's halfway behind something (like I did with Shadowman in that first picture of the house).

If you don't have Photoshop, look around on the net for some sort of program called a "GIF Construction Set". I'm pretty sure that's how most of the animated and transparent GIFs on the internet get made. I don't know exactly how it works. Or where to find it (so don't blame me if you get a virus, or arrested for pirating software, or anything like that).

By the way, where is everyone finding these pictures to put in the photo?

I usually go with videogames. Grab an emulator. Grab an illegal ROM of something. Figure out how to work the "take screenshot" feature. Turn on the "Game Genie" codes. Play tourist, wandering around really casually, parking your butt in front of end-bosses, and taking pictures of anything that strikes your fancy.

Edit: There are lots of people on the net who have made transparent gifs of things, so you can always leech some images from other people.

Also, a quick Google search for "transparent gif gallery" turned up this website devoted to Sailor Moon-themed transparent GIFs, and they seem to have a decent tutorial about it, as well as an apparently free program to help make some. Enjoy.

(Remember for this game though, make transparent GIFs, then attach them to the main JPEG. Don't go converting the entire picture back-and-forth between GIF and JPEG if you don't have to.)
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Murk280

• Fox in socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2004, 09:44:30 AM »
Bright Orangeness

He's from Sega, but I'm addin' him anyways.
"Time flys like the wind.
Fruit flys like bananas."
~Groucho Marx

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Kraven

• One of the goofier Spider-Man villains
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2004, 04:55:42 PM »
Woogle

I wanted the jump down attack from SSBM but I couldnt find it, meh.