Author Topic: DS launch games  (Read 11519 times)

Offline Pikkcuber

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
DS launch games
« on: July 15, 2004, 10:33:27 AM »
The Ds launch is coming quickly, not only does  the DS not have a final name, i see no guaranteed launch titles.  Have you guys heard anything or have you any guesses on what these launch titles might be.  It seems like the hardcore DS 3rd part support will com later so im confident this system will have a lot of great titles.  Also can anyone give me any info on a DS title called "Nintendogs" that i found in my EGM. Thanx
PikkCuber

Offline Jale

• BURN BABY BURN
    • View Profile
RE:DS launch games
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 10:36:11 AM »
Well the Urbz (sims) is coming out in Novebmer

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: DS launch games
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 12:01:37 PM »
For first-party titles, it's really a toss-up...But you can be assured that one of the Mario titles will be a launcher... ^_^
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 04:19:07 PM »
As of this writing, the big N has kept mum. If I were to put a timetable, I'd guess that they'd announce the official name by September, announce a line-up by October, and launch it in November.  But that would be too convienent....
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Mumei

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 04:24:07 PM »
There was an article saying that retailers in Japan were saying that Nintendo is expecting to have 11 DS titles in Japan by the end of 2004, with 5 to 6 being launch titles... Oh and American release date being Nov. 11, 2004.

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 05:19:05 PM »
Like bill said, they will definately have mario as a launch title, I think ninty learned from the cube that they need a mario title at launch.  Also we know it will be out by November, because that is when the Urbz is gonna come out.  I think the big N will try to get the ds on shelves by the day after thanksgiving (biggest shopping day of the year).
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 09:52:35 PM »
The DS is scheduled for a 5 November release in Japan and a 11 November release in NA. I'm not sure where I heard that from.

Offline 3rdrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 11:11:24 PM »
I find the game release dates on the EB games website very confusing

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/groups/nintendo_ds/
Fuzzy eybrows!

Offline Blaster009

• something with navy letters
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2004, 09:05:39 PM »

Originally posted by: 3rdrocket
I find the game release dates on the EB games website very confusing

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/groups/nintendo_ds/[/q

That seriously doesn't make any sense, because according to the site, all the games listed on the site won't be released until three months after the system comes out, the DS is scheduled to be released 18 days after everyone is saying it will be released, and the games are priced at $49.99 when people have been saying they will be cheaper to produce than GBA games...
~Blaster

Averaging less than 1 point playing Planet Trivia, 1.5 playing Radio Trivia

First Planet Trivia

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2004, 07:05:44 AM »
Yeah 50 bucks is way to much for a handheld title.  I dont know if its just me but a handheld could never be a real gaming system its always second tyer to a console.  I could see 50 for a console game but not a handheld.
PikkCuber

Offline SgtShiversBen

• I'M NOT AN ALIEN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2004, 07:11:47 AM »
Yeah I know, maybe for the PSP in which games take as much to produce because of their "high production costs."  WHAT??!  This is the handheld market, I don't want to sit there waiting for some game to load.  I want to turn it on, kill some Pokemon and then turn it off.  Not here some "wheeeeooo" sound saying that the PSP just loaded.  BAH!! Damn Sony and their bastardizing-beta selfs!!
"The next step is already being prepared for Revolution. [It's] not just a portable, not just a console -- it's exactly what we wanted in that it's the birth of a completely new platform." - Youichi Wada [Square Enix]

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2004, 07:18:04 AM »
This just in from GCadvanced.com the DS will launch on Nov.11 for 179.99. what you think
PikkCuber

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2004, 04:30:50 PM »
Quite of few sites with a Rumors section have said such. Is this what they meant by affordable? Granted its cheaper than the 'Cube at launch, but still...

As usual, its best to take rumors with a grain of salt. I wonder if they have spies in the big N to report such things....
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Zach

• Bad Title
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2004, 04:31:05 PM »
that sounds about right, I would not be surprised if that were right, but I would not take to much stock in that release date and price, the site itself says that they are "unconfirmed".  This is the most promising report we have gotten so far.
WiiCode: 2469 4326 9885 9257

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2004, 07:16:32 AM »

Originally posted by: Djunknown
Is this what they meant by affordable? Granted its cheaper than the 'Cube at launch, but still...

They were comparing it to the likely price of the PSP, of course...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2004, 10:22:53 AM »
I think the problem is that people expect portables to be cheaper than home systems. Portable systems are more expensive than home systems (look at laptops!).

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2004, 02:01:22 PM »
Well it doesnt take a retard to think its going to be exspensive.  You got two back lit screens two processors if im not mistaken, and a touch pad thing, and high that stylus doesnt come cheap either.
PikkCuber

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2004, 04:52:10 PM »
The kicker is, Nintendo has delivered portable gaming at a reasonable price since the original Gameboy. They were always  under 100 dollars; I guess I'm a moron to expect the DS to go around $150 max, guess I'm spoiled rotten....

Strange logic would say: Double the screens, (nearly) double the price? $40> games wouldn't be farfetched either.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2004, 05:04:26 PM »
Games are rumored to be ¥3800 [$35]. Not bad, especially if they can come down from that.

Edit: If you want to discuss the article, there's already an unnecessarily heated debate here.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2004, 07:10:50 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
The DS is scheduled for a 5 November release in Japan and a 11 November release in NA. I'm not sure where I heard that from.

Possibly from GCAdvanced - that's where I got it from; they update at least four to five times a day with news tidbits not usually available on other places (even weekends; they had an interesting story yesterday involving Kirsten Dunst), tons of DS news there, not trying to advertise, but if you're crazy about DS, head there.

I believe someone at E3 told one of the uninvited ppl (who paid 300 smackeroonies and posted this online) that Metroid would be a launch title.  EA Sports has confirmed that Madden 2005 will also be a launch title...that's all I know for sure, though.

EDIT: In response to whoever said 180 dollars was unaffordable, I agree it cannot be considered affordable, but hard-core gamers (people who actually take the time to even find websites like PGC) will go for it.  Other, casual gamers, who play games for fun (the good ol' days...), will shun both the DS and PSP, not thinking about production cost, or marketing at all, and say "why the hell would i wanna buy teh diss oops ds or a piss-s-p i did teh it again psp when they cost more than teh consoles im gonna buy teh xbox whazaaaaaap."

Of course, casual gamers don't really talk like that.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Blackknight131

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2004, 02:46:50 PM »
$180 is definitely an understandable price....basically Nintendo took the middle ground in the range they promised: $150-200.
If its any consolation for you folks who feel its just out of your price range: who wants to bet the DS is in line for a price cut to $150 right around the time a certain disc-based multimedia portable game ssytem is due to hit the market?

-Blackknight131

Offline Mumei

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2004, 03:32:48 PM »
The GBA SP sells for about 125 U.S. in Japan, if I recall correctly, and sells for 100 U.S. here... Do you think that there could be a chance of a slightly lower price in the United States?

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2004, 04:07:43 PM »
Actually $115.26. That's 87% of the JPN price. That percentage reduction would put the DS at $151.97. I posted somewhere else about this.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Blackknight131

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2004, 04:24:40 PM »
eh?
Are you saying the actual conversion is more along the lines of a $150 price point? Because I just read about it on Gamefaqs and everyone thus far has reported a figure around $180 after conversion...

-Blackknight131  

Offline Renny

• Satin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2004, 04:43:50 PM »