Author Topic: sort of dissapointed  (Read 4543 times)

Offline mrbojangos

• foggy goggle
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
sort of dissapointed
« on: July 06, 2004, 06:20:27 PM »
I love nintendo and will stick by them always but recently i helped a friend set up his xbox live, and i must say... im dissapointed nintendo has no online support.  Xbox live is an entire new way to play, and i love it.  I regret in posting i may be buying an xbox.. but a modded one with free games, bcuz i really dont like microsoft ... I love nintendo , ya thats where my heart is... so ill be helping nitendo in a way by ripping off micro$oft
wii- 0480067198119868

msg me on aim (mrbojangos2k5)with your FC if u add so i can add yours

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: sort of dissapointed
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 06:26:12 PM »
PLEASE STOP THIS INSANITY!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Chongman

• LOL Breaking Tables is Cool!
    • View Profile
RE:sort of dissapointed
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 06:28:22 PM »
HAHAHAH...*catches breathe....*continues to laugh at Bill*

StrikerObi's Note: Tables fixed, custom titled applied.  
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
ooberage
------------
in the days of yesteryear I'm still playing SMB3, chrono trigger, and
reading calvin and hobbes

~*~*~*~
PSP vs NDS....c'mon...really...who in their right gaming mind will buy the PSP?

Believe...Nintendo
Stop....whining

Offline Harvey

• Doesn't know how to work the internet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 07:41:32 PM »
This is the widest forum I've ever read!

StrikerObi's Note: Horribly annoying signature replaced, custom titled applied.

Harvey: Thank you, I don't even remember what it was!  And you're right I apparently don't know how to work the internet.  I've noted that in my new(er) sig.

Offline evil intentions

• winged people + card battling = suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 07:47:23 PM »
Woah...

You know mrbojangos, I have an xbox and xbox live.  It may seem all good and dandy at first, but I've (break lol)
never really used it that much.  Nintendo is the best.
Quote<BR> Originally posted by: Hostile Creation<BR>
But yea, dead when muted was my intention. . . EVIL INTENTION THAT IS ha ha ha.
<BR><BR>Buy Baten Kaitos..you

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 08:07:05 PM »
ok ok ok ok ok we already had to deal with gaminggod who was down right annoying, so let me put it simple. You dont have to ONLY own a GC to be a Nintendo fan. I own a PS2 and got a Halo XBox for graduation(which is really cool looking by the way ) and am still devoted to Nintendo. The XBox and PS2 both have some solid games on them as well, so if you want to play them, by all means do. It wont change your love for the big N.
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake

Offline mrbojangos

• foggy goggle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 08:43:34 PM »
haha yes i know all this just wanted to state my opinion, the whole online thing caught me... i will continue to be loyal to nintendo but will prolly pick up an xbox or ps2 not sure
wii- 0480067198119868

msg me on aim (mrbojangos2k5)with your FC if u add so i can add yours

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2004, 09:10:33 PM »
... What's this got to do with us?

To try out online for a longer period of time (everything seems ultra fun at first, but that usualy changes after a few hours) I'd suggest online gaming on the PC first. !eviL doesn't add a whole lot to that. Since PC online gaming is cheaper than a new XBox plus !eviL kit, that's a way to evaluate whether you really want to play online. On !eviL you won't encounter cheaters, but all the lamers and the like will still be there.

Offline Stewpot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2004, 05:26:10 AM »
I have a few Live games for my Xbox.  I really don't use that feature all that much.  It was fun at first and it still is sometimes today.  On the whole, I am not sure it is worth the $50 bucks.  I am a devoted online gamer, but not with the Xbox with the PC.  The biggest problem with Live is the rudeness of many of the people.  The game is SUPPOSED to be fun; IT IS NOT REAL LIFE.  That doesn't mean that you can't get into it, but I disagree with how many of my fellow players dealt with situations and treated people.  I guess it is easy to treat people that way when you're hiding behind a broadband connection and a microphone.

All of that being said, I do believe that Online has a lot of potential.  It will only take time to realize.  With a few exceptions, online console gaming is relatively new.  I am sure and hopeful that it will get better!
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2004, 09:14:19 AM »
To be a competetor in the US Nintendo needs to have there online service going.  They can wait till they find a way to do it cheap and effective use with there game but they cant wait for ever.
PikkCuber

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2004, 09:28:48 AM »
I wonder if Nintendo was really intend on making the GC go online at first and only later figured out that it would be pointless.

Offline bonestormer

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2004, 12:22:17 PM »
Even with it's problems, Live is an excellent service, and all things considered, it's really not that expensive. 50 bucks or so for a year to play online is worth it for me. Just ignore the punks and you can play hours on end...

But all i really wanted to say was even if you don't like MS (for whatever odd reason you can make up), that doesn't give you the right to 'steal' there stuff... for shame!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2004, 12:30:38 PM »
"Just ignore the punks and you can play hours on end..."

Maybe with bots...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline GoldShadow1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2004, 04:26:42 PM »

Originally posted by: mrbojangos
Xbox live is an entire new way to play, and i love it.

...No, it's not.  PC games have been online (and with voice support) for years before the Xbox (let alone Xbox Live) launched.  

Offline evil intentions

• winged people + card battling = suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2004, 05:59:18 PM »
Halo is the only game I really play online and I used to go on there quite often.  But after a week or so I got bored of it and only play it about once a month.  Nintendo doesn't need to be online for me to enjoy it.  Of course it would be kind of cool...
Quote<BR> Originally posted by: Hostile Creation<BR>
But yea, dead when muted was my intention. . . EVIL INTENTION THAT IS ha ha ha.
<BR><BR>Buy Baten Kaitos..you

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2004, 06:43:44 PM »
ATTENTION HARVEY;
YOU HAVE A VERY AWESOME AVATAR.

Oh, why do you have UT 2K3 on your computer, mrbojangos? I think they work better when they're in your CD drive or hard drive. SPEED YOU MUST KNOW I AM NOT YOUR FATHER. "ARRRRR"

Offline Harvey

• Doesn't know how to work the internet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2004, 07:45:39 PM »
LOL, thanks.  Made it meself.

Er, to be on topic... uhhhh... I like Nintendo?  ... And I'm indifferent towards the whole online console thing?  Yeah, that should do it...

Huzzah!

Offline mestar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2004, 09:00:41 PM »
I own both an xbox and a gamecube and in my opinion, xbox live is fun but can also be a PITA if you're a newbie to any of the games. Most of the gamers don't tolerate newbies, meaning more than likely you'll be kicked out of the game or in 1vs1 games like Capcom vs Snk 2, you simply just won't find any players. Like someone mentioned, you'll find a lot of jerks on xbox live, even more so than online PC gaming in my opinion.
I can understand Nintendo's take on online gaming this generation. At the time being, it's just not worth the investment. However, if their next console lacks online gaming, then, Nintendo is probably all done for.

Offline Mumei

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2004, 05:09:55 PM »
I know online isn't profitable, but you know that Nintendo has several franchises (Mario Kart series, SSB series, maybe a Pokemon MMORPG) that would absolutely kill at the retail if they were online.... .Too bad for the profitability thing >_<.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2004, 07:03:19 PM »
I'm disappointed this thread hasn't made me disappointed...

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2004, 07:44:24 PM »
What a dissappointment.

*o*
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline OmniDistortion

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2004, 12:52:23 AM »
Thanks for posting to tell us you will be participating in the illegal activity 'pirating' in order to achieve better business for the company Nintendo. This seriously is indeed ingenious. You are making a grand sacrifice for yourself, and your epic will be handed down many generations. I, for one, salute you.

Offline Blaster009

• something with navy letters
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2004, 06:35:06 PM »
I too own an Xbox along with a Gamecube, but I don't have Xbox Live, and I recently bought Project Gotham Racing 2. I was just wondering, does Xbox Live require a broadband connection in order to play online enabled games, or does it come with everything you need out of the box? Also, does anyone know if PGR2 is a good game to play using Xbox Live?

Anyway, I think some games on Gamecube should have had online support, but I hope Nintendo will make good use of the Wi-Fi built into the DS, and put internet support into the Revolution...

~Blaster

Averaging less than 1 point playing Planet Trivia, 1.5 playing Radio Trivia

First Planet Trivia

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2004, 09:45:55 PM »
Of course XBox !eviL requires a broadband connection, how would that work otherwise? Magical fairies?