Author Topic: DS Titles - Official  (Read 27335 times)

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:The inevitable DS vs PSP debate.
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2004, 06:12:57 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Well, maybe DOA3 just uses too large textures?

Oh, me and my sick mind...heh, heh...that's going in my sig as soon as I get the chance...
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline dead718

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2004, 04:12:09 PM »
the psp won.

They voted five to three.

They didn't want a DS because  "It looks too gimmicky." (are you SURE you are not talking about the PSP?)
Thy gamer

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2004, 05:30:49 PM »

Originally posted by: Mumei
Except the thing about more impressive GCN games - I think that Splinter Cell looks best on the X-Box, and most games look a just a tad better.

The GC version of Splinter Cell is a port of the PS2 version.  And the PS2 version was done by the Shanghai team.  Therefore it's pointless to compare the GC to the Xbox version.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: The inevitable DS vs PSP debate.
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2004, 09:20:13 PM »
dead: I think in Gamespy's comparison, the DS won 5-3... Somehow they have now become pro-DS after being pro-PSP for a long time. Either they liked the E3 games so much or they're negotiating with Nintendo over something...

BTW, if anyone wants to compare consoles, use Soul Calibur 2 as an example.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2004, 09:33:20 PM »
Soul Calibur 2 or to a lesser degree Prince of Persia- both of those games demonstrate how multiplatform games should be made. If you ask me I can't tell the difference between any of the versions, except maybe the XBox version having higher resolution. Otherwise they're practically identical.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline dead718

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2004, 05:45:43 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
dead: I think in Gamespy's comparison, the DS won 5-3... Somehow they have now become pro-DS after being pro-PSP for a long time. Either they liked the E3 games so much or they're negotiating with Nintendo over something...

BTW, if anyone wants to compare consoles, use Soul Calibur 2 as an example.

no some one mentioned earlier that he saw the magazine. It was the EGM coverage of E3, i have it right here.

It states this:

"too early to pick the winner the winner? Of course...... But that didn't stop us from developing our own half-baked opinions..... and the EGM staff responded five to three in favor of the PSP. Here were their first impressions.

ds:

Mark: i get the feeling people are hyped on teh DS. What i want to know is, where are the games that really make use of the dual displays? They need to show why having a touchscreen is such a brilliant idea.

Shane: I'll admit that the functionality of the double screen and touch panel have not been fully fleshed out yet, but nearly every developer i spoke with can't wait to expiriment on it, and it's going to be cheaper than the PSP. Pllus, wanna bet that every first party game will be [fantastic]

Shoe: It's all about potential. The DS's design is fundamentally unique, which means it'll give us new gaming experiences we've never seen or even thought of before/

Demian, yeah, but touch screens aren't exactly new. How many good PDA games have you played? The really only new thing here is the twin screens, and though it is early, i haven't seen them used to any mind blowing effect yet.  So I don't have to press start to look at the map, thanks for that. (sarcasm is in the air) I am much more excited about Wi-fi so far.

Shoe: that is a horrible example-true career game designers are not busy thinking of ways to take advantage of a PDA's functions. But get a Ds in the hands of [the guy who makes boktai or the one who makes MArio] and we'll se some innovative magic.

Demian: ooh the dreaded miyomato (mario) card like a punch to the gut.

Mark: launch is just a few months away and everyone is still talking about potential and not auctualy games-that is a bad sign. Also ,Ds has no price, no release date (auctually it comes out novermber 30), barely any games-it doesn't even have a final hardware design. Anyone else think it will be delayed?

Shane: I think it will make it in time for Christmas. Nintendo is not afraid to launch a system with two games, see n64 (lol true.)

Shoe: looks like teh ps1. IT didn't laucnh with anything innovative but it had enough potential to make it on of the most succesful systems of all time. The Ds doesn't have to show its hand now. It has plenty of time before it is released, and has years after that to show us what it is made of.

Crispin: the DS sure looks clunky, though. Now the PSP-that is a sexy looking system.

Jen: you know nintendo made it clunky so a year after it comes out they can make us buy the sleeker DS-SP for only have the price (yeah sleeker and have an anlaog stick i hope)

End DS.

PSP impressions:

eh i dont wanna write all that. basically they said.

Wow music video, enuf to get me excited

you get excited with just that sounds like the ps1..... now we will see some games for vice city with wider audience.... umd to oddball of a format.... needs a da** cover.

anyhow I think the DS was better,  and how they said the ps1 didn't launch with anything innovative, that is kinda true. But how in the world does that compare to the DS. They dont call a touchpad, mike, and two screens innovative (for a game console anyways.)
Thy gamer

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: The inevitable DS vs PSP debate.
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2004, 09:22:21 AM »
Yeah, yeah, maybe I should've worded it differently,  wasn't disagreeing with you.

Offline dead718

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 23, 2004, 11:26:04 AM »
neither was i.

I guess they auctually found out that the DS had some auctual potential, and had second thoughts...  
Thy gamer

Offline Blaster009

• something with navy letters
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 23, 2004, 05:19:17 PM »

Originally posted by: dead718
Jen: you know nintendo made it clunky so a year after it comes out they can make us buy the sleeker DS-SP for only have the price (yeah sleeker and have an anlaog stick i hope)

The quote was twice the price, not half.(though I don't see why they said that, since the GBA SP cost the same as the GBA did when it came out, and the GBA SP wasn't twice the price of the GBA at the time of the GBA SP's release...)

I read the whole article, and I didn't think they were being all that biased to the PSP, since they did say the PSP might break easily, and that it was pricey...
~Blaster

Averaging less than 1 point playing Planet Trivia, 1.5 playing Radio Trivia

First Planet Trivia

Offline dead718

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2004, 05:17:52 AM »
okay i made a mistake.

But nowhere in my post does it say,  "they were PSP biased."
Thy gamer