Author Topic: Wii 2 Launch Titles  (Read 9115 times)

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Wii 2 Launch Titles
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 05:15:49 PM »
The 3DS seems to indicate to me that Nintendo is turning over a new leaf in regards to their relationship to third parties

The same could be said of the DS.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 05:18:41 PM »
The Wii 2 will launch with Wii Sports Party; some Ubisoft Shovelware; some EA SPORTS titles; perhaps 1 notable core-oriented 1st Party title; and millions of gamers will convince themselves that that is enough for a good 3-8 months.  There isn't a chance in hell of 95% of of those games you listed launching with the system (assuming we see new installments at all, which is extremely unlikely in the case of Epic Mickey and Goldeneye), Kytim, let alone all of them in the same window.

This. Seriously, just look at the history of Nintendo launches. When has there EVER been anything as good as any of the games you named out on launch?

If all developers turn their resources towards the Wii 2 and left the Wii to its own merit then they could get these games out by 2012. The only problem with this is that dev kit for the system may not exsist, but I would wager that Japanese companies like Square and Capcom may have a tidbit of knowledge about the system since they are somewhat close to Nintendo.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 05:22:04 PM »
Even if they could get all those games out at launch (which they couldn't), there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that they would. That is like 3 years worth of games and they would cannibalize the hell out of each others sales. At most I could see 1 of those bigger games and 1 of the smaller ones being at launch.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 02:02:47 AM »
Let's assume for a moment that the Wii 2 will not include HDD support of any kind, would it be possible to install game discs onto an SD card?

Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 03:11:02 AM »
Possible? Yes. Practically feasible? No.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline fiendcode

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 01:39:25 PM »
New Super Mario Bros. 3 and Wave Race Resort.

I really have no clue, but I have a feeling we'll probably get some dialed in Ridge Racer and Monkey Ball games.  Plus a metric ton of Ubishovelware.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 06:50:18 PM »
this sort of list is something I would have done right before Wii came out....

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 04:18:15 AM »
Like basically every launch it will have one, maybe two good games and the rest will be weak.  That's how it is, especially since all of the diehard fans that buy the system at launch are desperate to buy anything so games get rushed out for launch, there's remakes, and most of the good stuff doesn't come out until later.  Here's what it'll probably look like:

Wii Sports HD
Madden
Ridge Racer
Monkey Ball
Pokemon Snap HD
Party game collections
Crap no one wants but people will buy because there's nothing else

Offline Miyamoto

• Only person correctly capable of predicting the Switch's demise
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 05:53:50 AM »
The Super Wii's launch games will consist of 1 (maybe 2) first party games that show off the new hook (whatever it may be), EA sports games, fodder (mainly from Ubisoft) and 360/PS 3 ports. That is something Nintendo fans will get a lot of with the Super Wii, old 360 and PS 3 ports.

As for Galaxy 3, it would make the ultimate swan-song for the Wii but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen now that EAD are working on the 3DS.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 08:15:11 PM »
Personally, I really like what Nintendo has been doing and releasing systems with unusual launch lineups...including first party games they would not usually launch with.

This has actually started with the Wii and releasing Zelda: Twilight Princess, but continued with the 3DS having lesser known games.

I would love to see Wii 2 released with Pikmin 3 and F-Zero and re-release compilation game of the best Wii line games with updated graphics.  These 3 games plus a lineup of good 3rd party games would make an excellent launch lineup...and would allow Nintendo to keep excitement going by releasing Mario, Star Fox, Mario Kart, ect. later.

For the re-release Wii games:  I would make sure ALL of them are 4 player online and offline...with features to allow tournaments and methods for larger parties to play.  I would also like to see these games:  Bowling, Golf, Tennis, Fencing, Tank, Laser Hockey, Archery (would love this game with a 3rd person battle mode)  Target Shooting from Wii Play.