Author Topic: E3 2018 Thread. It's over! It's mercifully over!  (Read 27892 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
E3 2018 Thread. It's over! It's mercifully over!
« on: February 14, 2018, 07:56:45 PM »
So e³ is coming up again. It is a bit of a deprecated event for Nintendo, but they still reveal stuff.

What do you predict will be there?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 03:23:56 AM by Linkle Link »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2018 Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 07:58:56 PM »
E3 ain't coming up. We got a ways to go.

That being said, I assume they'll announce Yoshi's release date, tease Prime 4 and Pokemon (which likely won't come out this year), give us a good solid reason to adopt their online service (a la Smash), surprise reveal Pikmin 4, and everyone will complain about how they blew their load in 2017 and that this year looks terrible.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:13:38 PM »
Jebus, man. At least wait until May. There’s a chance we make predictions that companies just announce between now and E3.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 09:13:29 PM »
All aboard the E3 2018 Hype Train!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 09:40:41 PM »
Hell, some of the games we think they'll talk about might be released by then.

But I think the real speculation is: What new amiibo will be announced?  I'm thinking ARMS.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 10:25:46 PM »
If ARMS gets Amiibo support, I'll be extremely happy. Because, you know. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't gotten any yet, with how vibrant the character designs are.

If it doesn't receive any, then we'll at least get a Spring Man/Ribbon Girl one for Smash Switch when that launches.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 09:29:17 PM »
Besides Metroid Prime 4, I cant think of anything specific. Im hoping for surprises. But E3 is still a long way away.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2018, 11:42:17 PM »
I'm thinking Metroid 4 and Pokemon are a given for the show. In addition to that I'd love to see another Animal Crossing.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 11:48:23 PM »
If ARMS gets Amiibo support, I'll be extremely happy. Because, you know. I'm a bit surprised it hasn't gotten any yet, with how vibrant the character designs are.

If it doesn't receive any, then we'll at least get a Spring Man/Ribbon Girl one for Smash Switch when that launches.

I'm worried if it'll get any at this point.  I would expect amiibo to launch with something game related, but it's not like a sequel is coming any time soon, and I'm not sure what they'd put into a "major update".

Also, knowing Sakurai, he might not go for the obvious Spring Man/Ribbon Girl alts in Smash 5.  I'd almost bet on Helix being in.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2018, 01:24:52 AM »
Nintendo e3 2018 site is live
https://e3.nintendo.com/

81 days to go
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 01:29:05 AM by ThePerm »

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
Re: E3 2018 Thread. Update: Nintendo 2018 E3 Site is Live. 81 days to go
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 02:06:22 PM »
With four weeks to go before E3, I think it's time for some
PIPING
HOT
PREDICTIONS.
I'll limit myself to five (long and wordy segments of text that will have multiple predictions in them).

1) Games we know of that we will see before the end of 2018: Smash Bros., Travis Strikes Again, and Yoshi. Smash will occupy Odyssey's November spot while Travis Strikes Again will be in Xenoblade Chronicles' December spot. Yoshi will either come in August or September, which gives Nintendo a solid lineup for the remainder of 2018. Not a new game, but anticipate some details on the Challenge Mode, New Rare Blades, and Story packs for Xenoblade Chronicles.

2) Games we are unsure of: Either a tease for Metroid Prime 4 or Pikmin 4, unless Pikmin 4 is secretly a crossover with Metroid Prime, where Samus explores the distant planet of Pikmin fame. Either Fire Emblem or Pokemon Switch will have a surprise release date for 2018. Either Pokemon takes an October spot and Fire Emblem is pushed to February 2019 (a tried and true month for the series), or the other way around. But let's be honest, Fire Emblem isn't taking Pokemon's spot. No Bayonetta. Whatever the hell Retro Studios is working on- if it's Star F-Zero Grand Prix, expect it before the end of 2018. Maybe occupying an August slot and pushing Yoshi up to July, or Yoshi being delayed to 2019- either way, both are games that will rightfully die in the summer, further proving that both franchises are irrelevant (but Yoshi will still continue to get games).

3) With no more than three to four Nintendo releases for the rest of the year, expect some large third party ports from Japanese developers in the vein of MHGU and Dark Souls, and some delayed launches of Western third parties. Think things akin to Call of Duty- I would not be surprised if Rock Star announced either a port of GTAV or Red Dead Redemption in anticipation for the sequel.

4) Nintendo will have another pair of Labo Kits for the holiday season, since Labo sold rather well on launch. More variety and options will be a safe bet.

5) Oh yeah, I forgot about that other handheld device that Nintendo has 60 million of out in the wild. We will get a Zelda title using the Link Between Worlds engine, except it won't be garbage like Tri Force Heroes, and one other surprising reveal. Not exactly sure what it will be, but I anticipate two titles maximum announced for the little handheld that could.

As for Smash:
1) Rex and Pyra
2) Captain Toad
3) Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
4) Your least favorite Generation 7 Pokemon
5) Travis Touchdown

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 06:40:09 PM »
I guess it's too easy to say they will disappoint everyone so I'll try to make real predictions this year.

They will announce a Pokemon game for Switch to release this holiday season, but it won't be a main series game rather something more like Pokemon Go or Stadium or something similar.

That's all I got. I figure there will be a video, trailer, or something on Metroid Prime and that's about all I can expect.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 08:43:44 PM »

Well, my top two previous predictions were to do with Monster Hunter and Smash, so I guess I need to rethink my predictions.

I'm keeping an open mind on the Star Fox Grand Prix rumor, hoping it could be a spiritual successor to Diddy Kong Racing with F-Zero elements. Maybe they think combining F-Zero with Star Fox could make both properties stronger.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2018, 10:21:56 PM »
I for one welcome our HD Federation Force overlords and look forward to swimming in the salt mine that will no doubt be produced.

(Amazing that three years ago Federation Force managed to piss everyone who wasn't me off, and now we'll find out it made someone pregnant last year.)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2018 Thread. Update: Nintendo 2018 E3 Site is Live. 28 days to go
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 12:28:24 AM »
Metroid is going to have to look pretty damn good for me to get a Switch. I pretty much figure I'd abstain until revision 2 or 3.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 05:19:02 PM »
Amazing that three years ago Federation Force managed to tick off everyone who wasn't me,
It wasn't just you, I was fine with the game too.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 09:55:33 PM »
Why do we need another Metroid Prime anyways? I thought the story was wrapped up. I would prefer a Metroidvania/Super Metroid style game with DK TP style graphics. Or, in a perfect world we could get both but I, for one, would prefer the 2D game.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 12:16:07 AM »
Because first person adventure Metroid is best Metroid.

Kidding, I love Super. But I think I love Prime 1 equally.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 01:10:18 AM »
Bold third party predictions:

GTAV is getting a port

EA is coming back with Soccer and Madden

Call of Duty something will come to the Switch

Capcom will release a Zak and Wiki HD remaster, for PS4 and Xbox only.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 02:31:15 AM »
So it's looking like a fake-seeming leaked E3 game list has potentially become real through the domains appearing for the new Pokemon games? Named Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? Supposedly a remake of Yellow with Go built in?

If so we got

-New Punchout
-New F-Zero
-Fallout 3 remaster
-Link's Awakening remake for 3DS
-Metroid Prime 4 is called Renegade

coming on top of the previously announced stuff like new Fire Emblem, Good Feel Yoshi, etc.

Edit: So I guess the Pokemon title leaked separately from the list doc, and it could just be piggy-backing? I dunno, couldn't find it laid out in a cursory search, but probably the Poke leaks are not actually confirmation of anything else.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 02:48:21 AM by MagicCow64 »

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 08:39:47 AM »
No E3 list "leak" is ever true.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 08:42:21 AM »
So it's looking like a fake-seeming leaked E3 game list has potentially become real through the domains appearing for the new Pokemon games? Named Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? Supposedly a remake of Yellow with Go built in?

If so we got

-New Punchout
-New F-Zero
-Fallout 3 remaster
-Link's Awakening remake for 3DS
-Metroid Prime 4 is called Renegade

coming on top of the previously announced stuff like new Fire Emblem, Good Feel Yoshi, etc.

Edit: So I guess the Pokemon title leaked separately from the list doc, and it could just be piggy-backing? I dunno, couldn't find it laid out in a cursory search, but probably the Poke leaks are not actually confirmation of anything else.

I wouldn't place much stock in the doc leak, personally.  As happy as a new F-Zero announcement would make me, I refuse to believe it's a reality until it's on a store shelf for me to buy.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 09:03:53 AM »
That “leak” is claiming the new F-Zero game is titled “F-Zero SX.” No way that doesn’t set off alarms at Nintendo. F-Zero vehicles are called “machines.” Imagine the tagline for such a game: Ride and grind your SX machine against 15 other players!

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 11:45:43 AM »

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 11:57:58 AM »
That “leak” is claiming the new F-Zero game is titled “F-Zero SX.” No way that doesn’t set off alarms at Nintendo. F-Zero vehicles are called “machines.” Imagine the tagline for such a game: Ride and grind your SX machine against 15 other players!

That would be ridiculous. F-Zero GX had 30.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 01:00:15 PM »
Jesus, did people not read the text in my comment that said I saw that the Pokemon stuff leaked separately before getting seemingly confirmed, and that it was in fact not in support of the fake leak?

This might be a little more easy to follow:

-Doc list leaked, that was immediately disregarded as fake

-But then the Pokemon title listed seemed to be confirmed by domain registration

-I posted the fake rumor in this context, which had seemingly correctly listed the Pokemon Let's Go title

-Within like five minutes I saw that the Pokemon stuff originally leaked from 4Chan, not the document, and amended my post to clarify that it did not lend credence to the doc list

-Sheesh

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 01:06:55 PM »
Who registered the domains? Only costs about $10 to secure a domain, and I know there are plenty of clowns who would spend ten times that for an E3 prank leak. Doesn't matter if Nintendo takes them down, that takes effort and time.

That would actually be a great prank. If you see some wild prank sites pop up next year you know who to blame.
My Game Collection

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 01:24:45 PM »
It's apparently the same company that Nintendo used to register the Pokemon Sun and Moon domain. Still not a 100% confirmation of anything, but it makes it more likely that this is legit.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 03:05:25 PM »

F-Zero GX had 40 racers. F-Zero SX better have an orgy of racing machines.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 03:23:13 PM »
All of the games sounds plausible. I think the F-Zero Game is the Star Fox Racing game though.

Fallout 3 was made in a similar time Frame as Skyrim. I think they run on different engines, but the way Bethesda builds levels all they really have to do is move the assets over. It's a very plausible game.

I've been playing Mad Max again and it would be a great fit for Switch if WB wanted to bring it over. It's very similar to Zelda. But I doubt they would do anything new with it because of the George Miller legal issues.

Bethesda apparently is having Avalanche studios who worked on Mad Max make Rage 2, which gets me excite. I don't  know if it'll be on Switch, but I'm still excited.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 07:53:18 PM »

F-Zero GX had 40 racers. F-Zero SX better have an orgy of racing machines.

Star Facts
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2018, 09:19:01 PM »
=
Fallout 3 was made in a similar time Frame as Skyrim. I think they run on different engines, but the way Bethesda builds levels all they really have to do is move the assets over. It's a very plausible game.

The current rumor is that Iron Galaxies have been porting Fortnite. And with Panic Button still working on Wolf 2 I don't know if Bethesda wants to hire a third company to port Fallout to Switch. 

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2018, 06:21:45 AM »
=

The current rumor is that Iron Galaxies have been porting Fortnite. And with Panic Button still working on Wolf 2 I don't know if Bethesda wants to hire a third company to port Fallout to Switch. 

If Bethesda is still jazzed about Switch than maybe Rage 2 will come instead of Fallout 3. Or who knows, maybe Bethesda just wants to throw a ton of love at Switch.  Some developers have supported Nintendo at times to their demise. I wonder if Acclaim would be around today if they had just supported Playstation? Turok with load times sounds gross, but it might have sold better.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2018, 09:47:54 PM »
I haven't seen anyone talk about this, but apparently Pokemon Switch is being announced right now in Japan Land.

If you want to be spoiled, click here.

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj

EDIT: Well this **** is official everywhere. https://www.cnet.com/news/pokemon-quest-is-a-brand-new-pokemon-game-for-mobile-and-nintendo-switch/

EDIT2: Trailers incoming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t&v=q9xb-DCHXUM
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 09:53:23 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2018, 10:27:04 PM »
E3 has started already!

Offline AlexanderJ689

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • UK area code
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2018, 05:15:33 AM »
Let's go Pikachu/Eevee look pretty good. However there are no wild encounters as far as I have learned. I mean... we can only catch wild pokemons and we can't fight them? That's stupid. :/

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2018, 08:08:03 AM »
Don't worry y'all, we'll still get a 4-5 minute segment at E3 discussing Pokemon Let's Go!!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2018, 09:29:39 AM »
There will definitely be time set aside for Pokémon Let’s Go during Nintendo’s Treehouse Live. I suspect the reason the trailer is out now is so Nintendo can focus on bigger, more important Switch games during the E3 video presentation.

Since we’re now within two weeks of Nintendo’s presentations, here are my predictions:

1. Super Smash Bros.
   a. Goes back to the old naming structure.
   b. Is iterative of the Wii U version. Entire roster returns with 10 additions. No DLC.
   c. Fans finally break Sakurai and he makes Ridley playable.
   d. Releases with Nintendo Switch Online.

2. Star Fox Grand Prix
   a. Includes Star Fox Zero
   b. Releases in October
   c. Gets me to care about a Star Fox game

3. Yoshi
   a. Releases in August.
   b. Commits tax fraud.

4. Bayonetta 3 will not be shown.

5. Diablo 3
   a. Is announced.
   b. Includes all DLC.

6. Dragonball FighterZ
   a. Is announced.
   b. Includes all DLC.

7. Super Mario Maker 2
   a. Introduces slopes.
   b. Offers Peach, Toad, Daisy, Yoshi, and Wario as playable
   c. Allows players to create a world map.
   d. Has two-player co-op.
   e. Has assets from Super Mario Bros. 2.
   f. Releases in December

8. Kirby’s Kourse Kreator teaser for a 2019 release.

9. Virtual Console is rebranded as “Classics” and will be headlined by games that never released on Nintendo platforms before like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

10. New Labo kits as well as new Amiibo for new games.

11. Fire Emblem and Metroid Prime 4 are shown. Trailers only, not on show floor.

12. F-Zero is announced with a quick trailer, no launch window.

13. Fallout 3 port
   a. Fallout: 76 officially ruled out on Switch.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 10:53:05 AM by Adrock »

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2018, 11:42:38 AM »
Replace Fallout 3 with Fortnite and I pretty much agree with you. I do expect Fire Emblem to have a lengthy Treehouse segment at some point in the weekend.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2018, 12:24:38 PM »
I think the Pokemon games will get a lengthy treehouse segment as well.  Not nearly enough was shown of the gameplay, so that would be a good time to dive into it and the story.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2018, 12:58:48 PM »
I don't remember slopes in the original Super Mario Bros. :/

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2018, 02:47:03 PM »

I always love when someone comes up with a KKK title. Is this why Kirby was originally white on the cover of Kirby's Dreamland when his first game came out?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2018, 03:26:55 PM »
I try to sneak in a Krusty’s Komedy Klassic-esque joke every so often to keep people on their toes.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2018, 10:07:52 PM »
Featuring Roseanne.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2018, 01:22:31 AM »
I just hope they reveal Virtual Boy Classic Edition.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2018, 12:40:13 PM »

I always love when someone comes up with a KKK title. Is this why Kirby was originally white on the cover of Kirby's Dreamland when his first game came out?

It probably took me 10 years to get used to pink Kirby.  The first time I saw him he was white so in my little kid brain that's what he was supposed to look like.  It wasn't just the box art but also the commercials and Nintendo Power artwork.  It also took a while for me to get used to Mario with blue overalls and a red shirt because in SMB1 and 2 he has red overalls with a blue shirt so SMB3 looked wrong (I wasn't aware as a kid that he had the blue overalls in Donkey Kong and Mario Bros).

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2018, 06:42:12 PM »
Via Nibellion on Twitter:

EDIT: Kotaku is also reporting this rumor and they have enough sources to believe this is real.

EDIT 2: Destructoid stupidly broke embargo and has basically confirmed the list is real.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 07:01:11 PM by Soren »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2018, 09:16:21 PM »
what is 1/8 white sintra? is this about store advertisements?

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2018, 11:17:58 PM »
Well, it's nice to see that there are two things there I'd like to play.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2018, 11:33:51 PM »
It's part of Nintendo's booth at E3 (though I'm sure that was a joke).

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2018, 11:53:47 PM »

I’m not really looking forward to PMS CALL-OUTS. That sounds like a bad time.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2018, 12:25:50 AM »
DragonBall Fighter Z - Late Port, should have been here a while ago
Fortnite - Not surprised, I will give it a shot
Monster Hunter XX - Late import, should have been here a while ago, I'm sure it will do well.
Fifa 19 - nice of EA to continue their stellar support for another year
Killer Queen Black - Didn't know anything about it, looks very hipster but it could be fun.
Starlink - Pepperidge Farm remembers, I bet the toys 2 life aspects will be downplayed
Paladins - Wasn't there a rumor about this coming to Switch already? I will check it out
Overcooked 2 - Suprised to see a sequel so soon. Timed exclusive I'm guessing?
Mario Tennis Aces - One of these things is not like the other...
This whole line up seems very multi-player focused

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2018, 01:05:44 AM »
That's Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, not XX.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2018, 10:48:15 AM »
Fortnite is all but officially announced because the Korean Game Ratings Board basically said, “**** your E3 announcement, Epic. LOL!” then just released the classification decision for the game.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2018, 11:42:46 AM »
Now that E3 is spoiled, is it time to talk about who won?

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2018, 11:46:42 AM »
Nintendo's third party plans may have been spoiled, but I'm still expecting surprises from them.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2018, 12:08:02 PM »
I honestly, don't really need a surprise this year.  Just release dates and trailers on things I know that are coming (MP4, Smash, Yoshi).  There's very little they could announce (Star Fox GP) that's gonna get me more excited than a new Smash.  Like, it's a Smash Bros year for me.  Just give me Smash, and I'm happy.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2018, 06:18:33 PM »
I like surprise announcements, but leaks don’t bother me.

But yeah, I’m with you. I’m all about Super Smash Bros. Just give it to me.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2018, 06:43:06 PM »
Starlink - Pepperidge Farm remembers, I bet the toys 2 life aspects will be downplayed

I think it will be completely removed.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2018, 06:53:18 PM »
I know I will get banned for this but I am so over Smash. How dare they include Pac-Man as a playable character but not Ms. Pac-Man? Screw you Nintendo.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2018, 07:13:14 PM »
I know I will get banned for this but I am so over Smash. How dare they include Pac-Man as a playable character but not Ms. Pac-Man? Screw you Nintendo.
Only banned from our hearts.

The simplest explanation for no Ms. Pac-Man is that no third party character got a different character alt. Bayonetta and Cloud got completely unique costumes, but Ryu, for example, didn’t get Ken or Evil Ryu.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2018, 07:37:07 PM »
I don't care about things being a surprise or leaked or whatever. As long as it's good stuff, that's fine with me.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2018, 07:54:14 PM »
Nothing tops the E3 where the Nintendo brochure was leaked days before the event with the reveal of Wario Land on the Gamecube, and everyone said that wasn't everything...and that was their everything. I think this was 2004?
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2018, 08:51:51 PM »
That must have been 2003. 2004 was the Legendary Twilight Princess reveal. Was 2002 the reveal of Pac-Man Vs?

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2018, 09:40:56 PM »
I got my GameCube in 2003 and Pac-Man vs. was one of the first games I bought. Wario World was not long after. I thought the TP reveal was 2005?

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2018, 09:48:25 PM »
I got my GameCube in 2003 and Pac-Man vs. was one of the first games I bought. Wario World was not long after. I thought the TP reveal was 2005?
This sounds more right to me. Remember: Twilight Princess launched simultaneously on the Wii, which would give a 2005 trailer drop a year of in-between.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2018, 09:50:49 PM »
I often go back and watch the Twilight Princess reveal. Probably the best reaction to a surprise game announcement I've ever seen.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2018, 10:09:54 PM »
This could be a thread entirely its own, but there have been so many great trailer reveals throughout the years. I can honestly say that the first reveal trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles X almost drove me mad with excitement. I quite liked the first Kid Icarus trailer, as well, and the first Breath of the Wild trailer (with gameplay, although the original "open-world" reveal was quite nice) had me speechless.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2018, 11:59:53 PM »
This sounds more right to me. Remember: Twilight Princess launched simultaneously on the Wii, which would give a 2005 trailer drop a year of in-between.

The first reveal was E3 2004.

This was the E3 2005 trailer.

This is why many Nintendo fans acted like the world was over when they announced a delay a few months later.  It's one of the reasons Nintendo began their policy on not showing games until they're near completion, which is rather funny since nearly every Zelda after ended up getting revealed too early as well.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 12:08:47 AM by Luigi Dude »
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2018, 12:05:27 AM »
All this E3 talk does is makes me nostalgic for Electronic Gaming Monthly and sad X-Play is gone.  :'(

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2018, 12:15:26 AM »
:(

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2018, 01:56:49 AM »
All this E3 talk does is makes me nostalgic for Electronic Gaming Monthly and sad X-Play is gone.  :'(

I've actually been moving too. I was lugging around a whole ton of game magazines the other day. Historic Documents that contain the expressed contemporaneous opinions of gaming enthusiast of their time. A collection of valuable ancient knowledge.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2018, 01:30:51 PM »
The simplest explanation for no Ms. Pac-Man is that no third party character got a different character alt. Bayonetta and Cloud got completely unique costumes, but Ryu, for example, didn’t get Ken or Evil Ryu.

Are Pac-man and Ms. Pac-man rights owned by the same company though? Pac-Man is a Namco property and they've largely opened up the copyright on it I think. Ms. Pac-Man was an Atari release though right? So maybe the rights to that got scattered in the wind? It's either that or sexism!

Smash: the Patriarchy.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »
No, Namco owns both. Ms. Pac-Man was a mod illegally made of Midway arcade boards when Bally/Midway were licensing the Pac-Man games at a time when Namco was not capable of crossing the ocean.

Atari published Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-man on their VCS under direct license from Namco. Namco sued Midway and got the rights to Ms. Pac-Man who has been included in every compilation they release.

Also, she is not a costume of Pac-Man (or is she *wink*) she is a separate character so she wouldn't have been an alt costume she would have been another addition to the roster. I know semantics but still, I was mostly joking.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2018, 04:47:58 PM »
No, Namco owns both. Ms. Pac-Man was a mod illegally made of Midway arcade boards when Bally/Midway were licensing the Pac-Man games at a time when Namco was not capable of crossing the ocean.

Atari published Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-man on their VCS under direct license from Namco. Namco sued Midway and got the rights to Ms. Pac-Man who has been included in every compilation they release.

Also, she is not a costume of Pac-Man (or is she *wink*) she is a separate character so she wouldn't have been an alt costume she would have been another addition to the roster. I know semantics but still, I was mostly joking.

Huh, cool! Never knew this, thanks for the history lesson. :) Would be a cool addition, though I'd like her to have a different moveset as well then. Maybe this is the year Falco and Ganondorf finally surpass clone status too. And maybe pigs will fly as well!

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2018, 10:21:02 PM »
I would be fine if she was just a costume change but that's just me. ;)

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2018, 10:43:03 PM »
It could work the same way the Koopa kids and Alph do, where it's the same move set but different character.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2018, 05:18:40 PM »
Both Fortnite and Paladins have been confirmed via eShop update leaks in consecutive days.

https://twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1004466722747834368

« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 11:13:27 PM by Soren »

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2018 Thread. Update: Nintendo 2018 E3 Site is Live. 4 days to go
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2018, 07:07:32 PM »
Will Just Dance 2019 still be on Wii/Wii U/Switch, or is this the year they drop Wii U?

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: E3 2018 Thread. Update: Nintendo 2018 E3 Site is Live. 4 days to go
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2018, 12:41:19 AM »
The only thing worth giving a crap about north of the border is underway:
- Best Buy will have 30% off preorders for E3 games starting Friday
- Walmart has brought back the $50 preorders (on $80 games) for another year
- Amazon will probably just match whatever out of laziness
I'm leaning toward BB this year since I'm looking to get out from Amazon Prime, and Best Buy I don't have to worry about them running preauthorizations on my "credit" card (bank card) 2-3 times a week.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2018 Thread. Update: Nintendo 2018 E3 Site is Live. 2 days to go
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2018, 02:28:43 PM »
EA presentation is trash. Someone put this company out of our misery.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2018 Thread. Update: Nintendo 2018 E3 Site is Live. 1 day to go
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2018, 05:56:58 PM »
It was woeful.  As usual.

I think the highlight (/s) of that one was sidelining the Star Wars Knights reveal to an awkward one minute interview with a Respawn guy, but then spending 15 minutes of their presentation showing off a trash Command and Conquer mobile game, complete with a commentated 'gaming celebrity' match and full cinematic trailer. 

Seriously EA, what the hell?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2018, 06:29:14 PM »
I heard EA announced a game called Xenoblade Chronicles X except they stripped out most of the single player content and they're calling it Anthem for some reason.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2018, 04:35:54 PM »
Sadly EA's conference was better than what Xbox has shown so far.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2018, 05:14:46 PM »
Yo it's Matt Walker on stage at E3

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2018, 05:23:12 PM »
I dunno, honestly, I'm pretty impressed with the Microsoft showing.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2018, 05:26:02 PM »
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition, announced at Microsoft's event, will also be coming to Switch.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2018, 05:51:13 PM »
They had like no real exclusives. A bunch of the ones they announced we're just games going to Xbox Game Pass which are already released. Gears 5, Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 4 are the only ones that matter. The Battletoads announcement could have been cool, but Rare has been garbage for a long time. So much of what they showed is also on PS4.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2018, 05:56:07 PM »
In terms of tone and presentation, though, it was leagues better than what they've done in the past.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2018, 06:01:55 PM »
In terms of tone and presentation, though, it was leagues better than what they've done in the past.
So setting the bar really low for the past several years has finally paid off.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2018, 06:05:55 PM »
Yeah I guess it was a good presentation - it just didn't do much to convince anyone to buy an Xbox One. It was basically "here are three new Xbone-exclusive games, and here's 30 games you should just get on PS4." Ending with a 3rd party non-exclusive game was an odd choice.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2018, 07:58:24 PM »
Cyberpunk 2077 looks like GTA in a future with flying cars. So, yeah. I want that one.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2018, 08:30:14 PM »
Apparently the Tales of Vesperia game was announced for Switch, which is nice to see. I was actually considering getting that for the Xbox 360 I got a few months back, so I'll wait for the Switch version instead. It'll have the extra content from the later PS3 version as well.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2018, 08:59:36 PM »
Microsoft seems to be having a better conference than EA, the same amount of Switch games shown.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2018, 09:16:30 PM »
I thought the MS show was good, but not enough actual gameplay from announced titles.  The 5 studios they bought should hopefully lead to some good exclusives.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2018, 10:21:43 PM »
Which studios did they buy? You're probably a better source than google.

edit: maybe not.

I didn't know it was in a single announcement. I thought I'd have to look for 5 articles.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/10/microsoft-acquires-a-whole-bunch-of-game-studios/
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 10:24:01 PM by ThePerm »

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2018, 11:04:52 PM »
Announcement wise I thought Bethesda was very strong, the pacing was a little off but I feel that they managed to justify doing their own conference again.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2018, 11:30:22 PM »
Devolver's epic event gave us My Friend Pedro, coming to Switch 2019. It also confirmed that they're remaking FromSoftware's Metal Wolf Chaos but unfortunately that one is not coming to Switch.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2018, 11:39:14 PM »
It seems odd to me that Metal Wolf Chaos isn't coming to the Switch. The system could run it easily.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
Hey look, Switch got Fallout Shelter.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
Re: E3 2018 Thread. Update: Nintendo 2018 E3 Site is Live. It's happening!
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2018, 03:59:42 AM »
I thought the MS conference was great.  Excellent if you're an XBox gamer.  Though as mentioned above probably won't sell many Xbox consoles.  Certainly didn't convince me to buy one. But the rapid fire game after game show with minimal talking was great.

I thought the Bethesda one was terrible.  It doesn't help that I have no interest in any Bethesda IPs and I hate games full of blood and guts (which is pretty much all that Bethesda do) but even in the context of a conference I hated it.  So much boring filler, AND SPEAKERS THAT WON'T DAMN WELL LEARN THAT YOU NEVER STOP AND WAIT FOR APPLAUSE!!  Pretty much the only thing that I enjoyed was the Skyrim on Alexa skit.  That was all that lifted it over the EA conference in my opinion. 

I have now set my alarm for 2.55am for Squeenix's conference.  Yay.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2018, 09:22:03 AM »
Which studios did they buy? You're probably a better source than google.

edit: maybe not.

Can confirm.

I didn't know it was in a single announcement. I thought I'd have to look for 5 articles.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/06/10/microsoft-acquires-a-whole-bunch-of-game-studios/

Yeah, they announced them back-to-back at the presser.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2018, 10:50:28 AM »
So far I'm not seeing anything at all I am interested in. Hopefully Nintendo comes through.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2018, 12:58:29 PM »
Well, it's a Smash Bros year, so you're either interested or you're just there for the Nigel Thornberry memes.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2018, 01:13:57 PM »
I hope there's a bit on Metroid and Pikmin, or even the Starfox Racer. But who knows?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2018, 01:37:00 PM »
Having enjoyed playing Doom and Skyrim on Switch, I am now a Bethesda fan. I'll be buying everything of theirs they announced. I'm confident that we'll see versions of Doom Eternal, ES6, and Starfield come to Switch down the road.

The three mobile games from them are a nice plus, and certainly more exciting to me than Pokemon-Cubivore.
My Game Collection

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2018, 01:58:24 PM »
According to dataminers Fortnite is already on the eShop and will be released tomorrow.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2018, 03:14:23 PM »
Todd Howard said Starfield was a "next generation" game, so I get the impression it's a PS5 and Xbox One 2 game.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2018, 05:05:37 PM »
Starfox in Ubisoft's Starlink!!!!

HOLY!!!!

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2018, 05:49:14 PM »
Ubisoft's conference was decent, there was a nice mix of really good CG trailers and gameplay. Easily the best produced conference so far.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 08:04:36 PM by TOPHATANT123 »

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2018, 05:53:11 PM »
I enjoyed Ubisoft's far more than I expected. 

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2018, 06:18:54 PM »
Haven't watched all the conferences so far, but Ubisoft had some neat stuff for Nintendo fans:
-The Donkey Kong DLC for Mario + Rabbids looks... Weird.
-Star Fox in Starlink pretty much makes this a must-buy for me. Hope it works without being forced into buying figures/micro transactions.
-Just Dance still coming to Wii and Wii U is nice.
-Trials Rising is headed for Switch, sort of a motorcross title.

I was personally hyped for more Beyond Good & Evil 2 footage, and the fact that they showed it so early on signals they're truly serious about producing it this time.

I thought the MS conference was great.  Excellent if you're an XBox gamer.  Though as mentioned above probably won't sell many Xbox consoles.  Certainly didn't convince me to buy one. But the rapid fire game after game show with minimal talking was great.

Yeah Xbox seemed decent, there's a couple of really stylish looking indies headed for their console with Tunic and Sable. Ori & Will 'o Wisps also looks gorgeous, and Session has my mild attention - skateboarding games are often fun. If I had an Xbox I would get most of these, Tunic certainly. NieR Automata would be another selling point.

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2018, 06:44:04 PM »
Smash Bros. is coming, that's literally all I need to know to buy it.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2018, 10:42:24 PM »
Great showing from Sony, some pace killer in the beginning, but overall their exclusive deep dives showed really well and they still managed a handful of announcements.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2018, 10:50:13 PM »
If you like people being brutally murdered, Sony's conference was for YOU.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2018, 11:11:20 PM »
If you like people being brutally murdered, Sony's conference was for YOU.

Hahaha. So true. You should have joined us in Discord.

Speaking of, someone there mentioned all these games getting release dates in Jan, Feb and March of 2019 which seems odd to me. Usually after all the holiday spending, people are trying to save money and spend less in the Jan and Feb months. Surprised that so many games are going to be releasing past that holiday window.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2018, 11:16:24 PM »
I'll definitely stop by tomorrow afternoon in the Discord. I want to be watching with as many people as possible!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2018, 11:16:53 PM »
Was also going through a list of what the Nintendo Direct will consist of. Came up with this:

So, Smash, Star-Fox Grand Prix, Yoshi, (maybe a reminder of Pokemon Let's Go), Fortnite, Mario Tennis and Captain Toad are expected. Possible showings: Project Octopath, Bayonetta 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, Metroid Prime 4, Fire Emblem, Splatoon DLC, more details of Nintendo's online set-up, Team Sonic Racing, Crash Bandicoot trilogy, Travis Strikes Again. Maybe surprise announcements of: Mario Maker, Mario Party, Pikmin 4, N64 Mini Classic. Probably some kind of quick Nindie showcase and other third party showcase as well.

Anything I'm missing or people expect to see?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2018, 11:48:31 PM »
Disappointed RE: RE2 is not coming to Switch. Its my favorite classic Resident Evil game. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Capcom has kinda crappy to the Switch with the RE7 streaming and the delay of Monster Hunter localization. Maybe we'll get it down the road.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2018, 11:50:00 PM »
Also:

He also says expect a bombshell from Sony, a real bombshell. I don't know what to expect I asked is it PS5 he didn't give me an answer just it will be big.

Inside rumblings all he said is there are people in the industry that are expecting the Switch changed the industry and there is no going back.

With the Sony presser over, should we still be expecting some big Sony bombshell or did it happen and it just wasn't as shocking as expected?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2018, 12:10:10 AM »
RE2 was always a PS4 exclusive.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2018, 12:19:17 AM »
- Tomorrow I'm hoping we get some Atlus action, SMT 5 + whatever else they're working on.
- The Xenoblade 2 dlc needs to look substantial, like an entire side game.
- My number one want for Smash is Professor Layton, I can envision how he would look and I feel like he would be a good fit within the roster.
- Treasure is bringing the band back together for one last tour, the conference ends with Sin & Punishment 3 available this holiday.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2018, 12:22:14 AM »
RE2 was always a PS4 exclusive.
Capcom confirmed the remake is also releasing on PC and Xbox One. It will even have a Xbox One X enhancements.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2018, 08:45:04 AM »
Ah, I see they announced that after I posted. It was only mentioned as a PS4/Pro exclusive before that.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2018, 10:12:20 AM »
Sony's four featured games were all very similar.

Last of Us: Violent Third person cinematic action adventure
Ghosts of Tueshima: Violent Third person cinematic action adventure
Death Stranding: Violent Third person cinematic action adventure
Spiderman: No blood Violent Third person cinematic action adventure

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2018, 10:25:45 AM »
Sony's four featured games were all very similar.

Last of Us: Violent Third person cinematic action adventure
Ghosts of Tueshima: Violent Third person cinematic action adventure
Death Stranding: Violent Third person cinematic action adventure
Spiderman: No blood Violent Third person cinematic action adventure

I mean, if we want to go down the road of boiling down what games are to make a joke about samey, derivative games, do we as Nintendo fans want to really throw stones?

Also, setting, theme, the way you feel in moving through the world, story are all very important distinctions for these kinds of games.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2018, 10:37:44 AM »
The new footage of Daryl Carries Things Across Various Landscapes was surprisingly not that violent for a trailer of a Kojima game.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2018, 11:03:48 AM »
The new footage of Daryl Carries Things Across Various Landscapes was surprisingly not that violent for a trailer of a Kojima game.

Until the toenail.  Ugh, that was worse to me than the Resident Evil 2 trailer.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2018, 01:36:48 PM »
WHERE IS THIS RETRO STAR FOX RACING GAME ???? BUNCH OF LIARS ON THE INTERNET

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2018, 02:03:39 PM »
Was also going through a list of what the Nintendo Direct will consist of. Came up with this:

So, Smash, Star-Fox Grand Prix, Yoshi, (maybe a reminder of Pokemon Let's Go), Fortnite, Mario Tennis and Captain Toad are expected. Possible showings: Project Octopath, Bayonetta 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, Metroid Prime 4, Fire Emblem, Splatoon DLC, more details of Nintendo's online set-up, Team Sonic Racing, Crash Bandicoot trilogy, Travis Strikes Again. Maybe surprise announcements of: Mario Maker, Mario Party, Pikmin 4, N64 Mini Classic. Probably some kind of quick Nindie showcase and other third party showcase as well.

Anything I'm missing or people expect to see?

Smash - Yes. In depth.
Star-Fox Grand Prix - No. No mention at all.
Yoshi - No sign either.
(maybe a reminder of Pokemon Let's Go) - Yes. Reggie went through the info again.
Fortnite - Oh yeah. All the leaks were correct.
Mario Tennis - Yes. Quick clip in a sizzle reel.
Captain Toad - Yes. Quick clip in sizzle reel.

Project Octopath - Yes. A quick mention.
Bayonetta 3 - No mention. No sign of it.
Red Dead Redemption 2 - No mention. No sign of it.
Metroid Prime 4 - No mention. No sign of it.
Fire Emblem - Yes. A bit of a spotlight highlighting it and giving it a title.
Splatoon DLC - Yes. Quick clip in sizzle reel.
more details of Nintendo's online set-up - No sign of this or talk about it.
Team Sonic Racing - No mention. No sign of it.
Crash Bandicoot trilogy - Yes. Quick showing in a sizzle reel.
Travis Strikes Again - No mention. No sign of it.

Mario Maker - Nope. This guess did not come true.
Mario Party - Yes. This guess did come true. A bit of a spotlight on a traditional looking MP.
Pikmin 4 - Nope. This guess did not come true.
N64 Mini Classic - Nope. This guess did not come true.

Quick Nindie showcase - It wasn't labelled Nindie but a couple indie titles were shown. Overcooked 2, Killer Queen Black, and Hollow Knight

Other third party showcase - Yes. We saw Starlink: Battle for Atlas, Arena of Valor, Minecraft, Mario + Rabbids DLC, A Pixark, Just Dance 2019, Dragonball Fighter Z, Ninjala, Carcassone, Fifa 18 Update, Fifa 19, Ark Survival Evolved, Wasteland 2, Paladins, Fallout Shelter, Dark Souls Remastered, SNK Heroines, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Wolfenstein II, The World Ends with You, and Megaman 11.

Other things shown and not guessed:

Daemon X Machina
Xenoblade 2 DLC
Sushi Striker

That's it for now. All that is left is surprise announcements from Nintendo during the course of the event. Perhaps during some of the tournaments.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2018, 03:13:09 PM »
Finally getting to the good stuff...

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2018, 10:14:59 PM »
One of this biggest problems with Nintendo's show was all the leaks beforehand. It made it seem like there were less reveals than there actually were. Having said that, they still should have shown more stuff. This only gave people some games to look forward to until December. Hopefully we get a September Direct with Metroid Prime 4 and Animal Crossing. I like what they showed - but I think the majority of commenters that I've seen are right to be at least a little bit disappointed. I'm sure Smash Bros will be great - but it's just a fighting game. They should have shown something that will blow people away like Odyssey and BotW did.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:16:52 PM by BranDonk Kong »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2018, 10:22:40 PM »
Something I don't understand though is all the people I saw during Nintendo's stream complaining and actually seeming angry that Fortnite launched. Why would anyone be upset that the most popular game in the world, and a 3rd party game at that, which you can play 100% for free, is on their console of choice?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2018, 11:22:40 PM »
Side note: No 3DS games in Nintendo's presentation. RIP 3DS.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2018, 12:07:31 AM »
There is a fair amount of stuff that was a no show.

Retro - the mystery continues...
Prime 4
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
Yoshi
Bayonetta 3
Shin Megami Tensei V
Dragon Quest Heroes for NA
Dragon Quest 11

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2018, 12:58:44 AM »
We'll see if anything pops up in the next couple days from Nintendo but at this point, I'm actually hoping for a late fall or early winter Nintendo Direct that starts getting things announced for next year's plans. I think that Direct may be more hype building than this year's E3. My memory seems to think that later in the year Directs are more often bigger events than E3 directs.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2018, 11:18:42 AM »
There is a fair amount of stuff that was a no show.

Retro - the mystery continues...
Prime 4
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
Yoshi
Bayonetta 3
Shin Megami Tensei V
Dragon Quest Heroes for NA
Dragon Quest 11
Don't forget the "almost complete" Pikmin 4

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2018, 11:36:12 AM »
I'm starting to think that "Hey! Pikmin" really was the Pikmin 4 talked about years back...

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2018, 01:29:56 PM »
Yoshi is the most curious of the no-shows.  It's been known about for so long that the only reason I can think that they're not showing it is because they're saving it for some reason? Pikmin 4 was never "shown", so for all we know, Mop's hunch is 100% correct.

But Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 are definitely next year.  Same with TSA:NMH and SMT5.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2018, 05:49:04 PM »
Knowing Nintendo's tendency to toss out half complete stuff and cancel completed games, I am worried something happened to Yoshi. Possible it is getting a design overhaul too.

I also wonder if the rumors of the Star Fox racer was actually someone misinterpreting a Star Fox in Starlink leak.
My Game Collection

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2018, 07:54:52 PM »
Have any of these people who were backing the Starfox Racing rumor spoke up?

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2018, 08:43:59 AM »
Nintendo's presentation was all right. Kinda overlong on Smash (do we really need to know about Bayonetta's differing gunsounds, different voices for Ike's outfits?), a few of those minutes could've went to slightly longer looks a Captain Toad/DragonBall Fighter Z/Dark Souls/etc. That said Ultimate Smash looks promising. Hoping for more new fighters, or at least also every single stage being included.
Sounds kinda like they're trying to make this one the definitive version and maybe just add to it indefinitely with re-releases. It's total bullshit Waluigi and Bomberman are in it, but not playable! :(

Observations:
-Fire Emblem doesn't look very good to me yet. Visuals seem kinda bland, on the battlefield at least.
-Daemon X Machina was my big surprise. I want that, whatever it is.

-No More Heroes 3, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 are all Summer 2019 at the absolute earliest. I think Metroid won't be seen til 2020.
-Retro where u at

Also dissapointing that Yoshi is being pushed back, but I got a feeling that might be more of a strategic decision really. It was playable last year at Treehouse, and look at this release schedule of major titles hyped in the direct:

June: Mario Tennis Aces, Splatoon 2 expansion, DK rabbids DLC, (Fortnite, Wolfenstein II, Minecraft)
July: Captain Toad, (Octopath Traveller)
August: (Monster Hunter, Overcooked 2, Dark Souls?)
September: Xenoblade 2.5 expansion, Mario Tennis Aces free DLC
October: Mario Party 11, (Star Fox Starlink)
November: Pokémon Pikachu/Eevee
December: Smash bros. Ultimate

I guess what I'm saying is: in 2017 Nintendo averaged about 1 release a month. The rest of this year they're on a similar trajectory, only August has nothing from them directly I think. If Yoshi wasn't ready for August, which seems likely since GoodFeel aren't known to be speedy devs, I think pushing it to 2019 was a wise move.

Otherwise it would just be competing with other Nintendo releases. Woolly World sold a million on Wii U; they're not gonna risk cannibalising sales on a much more vibrant platform.
I think Fire Emblem might be the only one that missed its August schedule, and Yoshi was always meant for an October slot, to which they moved Mario Party maybe? Pure speculation of couse!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 09:45:24 AM by Steefosaurus »

Offline segagamersteph

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2018, 12:06:30 PM »
Nothing at all newsworthy from Sony. Microsoft was okay but I don't even care what they are doing with Xbox anyways.
Fortnite for Switch I need to get to the storage shed and find my dock so I can charge the Switch up and get this game.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2018, 05:20:13 PM »
Did ANY 3DS games get shown at E3? I'm wondering if they were delayed because they are making Switch ports as well. We could be seeing a return to the old days when games released on all of Nintendo's systems. Remember when games like Tetris 2 was on NES and Gameboy? There were also some titles that released on SNES, NES, and Gameboy during the transition period if I recall (Warios Woods).

I would be happy to see that and it could be a nice compromise to satisfy both 3DS and Switch fans.
My Game Collection

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2018, 06:16:37 PM »
Nintendo didn't show any.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2018, 01:19:09 AM »
And the only major 3rd parties that would have anything to announce is Atlus (Etrian X and Persona Q2 aren't out in Japan yet) and Capcom (they're only localizing MHGU on Switch).
Don't ask about indies: they're as dead on the 3DS as E3 should be.
Tutorial box out.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2018 Thread. It's over! It's mercifully over!
« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2018, 01:09:16 AM »
It's as if Nintendo made a Direct just for me. Anime and way too much Smash.

Fair criticism that E3 2018 was a poor presentation from Nintendo, but I'm blinded by finally getting a new mech game.