Author Topic: What are your games of the show for E3 2016?  (Read 3449 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
What are your games of the show for E3 2016?
« on: June 17, 2016, 01:30:54 AM »
Now that event is officially over (I believe... I think), what games most impressed you this E3?

For me, it was firstly without a shadow of a doubt The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wind. The amount of interaction with the environment and things you can do in the open world reminds of me of first stepping into the playground that was Super Mario 64 and seeing all of the things you could do there.

I also seriously dug Insomniac's Spider-Man teaser for the PS4. I love Spider-Man, and not being tied to a movie means the dev can take its time and create something special.

Then there was Ever Oasis, which looks fantastic and fun. It's great that Grezzo gets to make a new property after proving itself with the Zelda 3DS games. Plus, the mind behind the Mana series, designer of Chocobo, Moogle, and the FF V job system gets me very excited!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: What are your games of the show for E3 2016?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 03:10:35 AM »
For me it has to be Zelda. I went in with basically zero hype for the game, but they completely won me over and now I'm really excited for it.

Outside of that there wasn't really much of note, but I was surprised by how interested I was in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. I haven't bought a game in the series in years, but the new sci-fi setting and some of the cool zero-g combat mechanics they showed off have me intrigued.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 09:47:44 AM »
For me it has to be Zelda. I went in with basically zero hype for the game, but they completely won me over and now I'm really excited for it.

This.  I was lukewarm, but I'm ready to pour a lot of hours exploring that Zelda world. 

PS4 - Horizon: Zero Dawn is my biggest game of interest playing hunter in a wilderness/future tech mashup, if you don't count The Last Guardian (hypest of games).  Disappointed there's another zombie apocalypse game in Days Gone (enough already).  I'm REALLY curious about Detroit: Become Human, although I know Quantic Dream has mixed levels of success, if they can get within spitting distance of what the trailer implied, i'll be excited for it.

Xbox one - A little curious about Sea of Thieves and the game from Limbo's devs, not much else.

I might be in the minority of this, but nothing for VR interests me, I'm still in the "too much of a gimmick for too much $" category.  Maybe it'll have lasting power with the whole industry more or less supporting some form of it, but It's too much of a novelty like 3D gaming was for me to have interest at this point.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 09:55:27 AM »
Probably Zelda, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and Persona 5. Yeah, basically the same 3 games I could have told you would be Game of the Show a month ago.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »
I posted my full list on the other thread. Games of show were definitely Horizon Zero Dawn, ReCore and The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild on the console side and BoxBoxBoy on the handheld side. Cuphead is still the best of the indies, although Fe and Tacoma also had good showings.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 01:41:26 PM »
Weed3, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Persona 5, Zelda, Ever Oasis and Scalebound.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 04:50:27 PM »
My favourite trailer from this E3 was Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding, it has this element of intrigue and ambiguity like nothing else shown.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 01:54:13 AM »
3. RE 7
2. Quake
1. Zelda