Author Topic: Snail mail letter campaign for Last Story, Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower.  (Read 10030 times)

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
I guess someone at IGN is organizing a letter campaign to have people send a letter begging for the games to come out, included with an optional gift. I guess this has worked before for TV shows. Where the fans snail-mail spammed the CEO of the networks.

http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_wii_lobby/b8270/203345328/p1 - Contains sample letters for each game and when they should be sent so they arrive at the same time. (Three letter mailings, one for each game.

http://www.metacritic.com/feature/save-our-show-a-history-of-tv-fan-campaigns - The story on metacritic about the shows this type of campaign saved.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Hopefully this does work.  FYI, there is a facebook and twitter campaign going on where people are spamming nintendo's official pages.  Also, I just found out that a third approach is being done through amazon.  Amazon has xenoblade under its previous name, manodo (i think).  People have taking it upon themselves to preorder the game from amazon.  Its currently jumped to I believe the 650th most saught after item after being up in the thousands.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
That's pretty funny about the Amazon listing. I think I'll pre-order it too since it requires no money up front.

Wow, it's now number 4.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 02:06:19 PM by Mop it up »

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
I plan to write my own letter, and I've made a pre-order on Amazon as well.  It will be interesting to see if Nintendo acknowledges this in any way.

Nice...now it's number 3.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 03:16:26 PM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
If a large number of Pre-Orders doesn't turn NoA's head I will definitely use that to back my opinion that NoA loves to ignore and defecate on their loyalists.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
It's now NUMBER ONE on Amazon for all of video games. Amazon best sellers page

I would have joined in but I'm in the wrong country. Congrats, all... now all we can do is hope Nintendo listens.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 04:20:17 PM by Shaymin »
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
From people I talk to their phone lines were jammed yesterday so many people called about Xenoblade.  I can only hope the call center manager got mad and called Reggie.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
They supposedly make a log every time they get a call like this; I'd love to see what the file looks like.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
The call centre manager reports it to the director of Customer Service who would mention it at the next board meeting. Where it goes from there...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
They supposedly make a log every time they get a call like this; I'd love to see what the file looks like.

I snuck into Nintendo HQ and took this photo just for you...

Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
Not full enough.

A writing campaign to NoA then when that doesn't work an annoyance campaign to NCL directly.  Annoy the people who make the decisions.  If you could annoy the Board itself as long as it wasn't a lost they do it to stop being annoyed.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Not full enough.

That's just the ones who bothered to write anything down.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
I would have joined in but I'm in the wrong country.
Amazon doesn't ship to Canada? I thought they covered all of North America.

Offline Shaymin

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Not for this preorder. And Amazon.ca doesn't have a listing for it.
Tutorial box out.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
I wonder if NOA's send a request to Amazon to take down its listing for Monado.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 02:00:42 PM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline kdognumba1

• View Profile
Hey everybody glad to see there's news of this going on here!  ;D

Just wanted to let you all know not to get discouraged and that there are many out there trying to get this localized.  A lot of ground is being made as 1-UP, GoNintendo, gamrFeed, Kotaku, and IGN have all been covering this.  I've been trying to make rounds and spread the word myself and highly recommend that any of you willing that may go to other forums and sites that may not have as many users or may be unaware of whats going on, to start threads there and get people informed.  The more who know of whats going on right now the better the chances we have at getting these games localized will be!

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Well for those in Canada they now have a store which is taking preorders for these three titles.The store is Video Games Plus.There is the preorder link  below.

http://vgplus.blogspot.com/2011/06/were-joining-operation-rainfall.html
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
Is there any possibility of these titles being ported to WiiU in North America? An easy way to add 3 more titles at launch...

Offline grantimus

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
    • Operation Rainfall
I'm here to encourage anyone here who wants to see these three phenomenal games released Stateside (and Canadaside for that matter) to please visit the Operation Rainfall website and follow the guidelines for this campaign. 

So many "Internet Petitions" are started and forgotten about.  Every one is pessimistic, and nothing ever happens.  This is different.  This started as a snail mail campaign, and hundreds, or thousands, of hand-written paper letters can't be ignored so easily.  Plus, you have the opportunity to put your money where your mouth is.  If you want Xenoblade, preorder the game on Amazon!  The response to this effort has been particularly effective!  Lastly, don't forget to let Nintendo know via Facebook and Twitter that you want to see these games.  Tell them loudly and often!

http://oprainfall.blogspot.com/

We can't do it without the help of every individual.  Do you want the games or not?
Now Playing: Mega Man 3, Mario & Luigi Partners in Time
Go Cardinals!
Nintendo is my girlfriend, except for my real girlfriend

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Well Nintendojo recently had an interview with one of the members of Operation Rainfall. Here is a link to the interview.

http://www.nintendojo.com/features/interviews/interview-operation-rainfall

Basically the long and short of the interview is that to not give up with all the feedback to Nintendo and if Operation Rainfall is successful then they will work on getting other games not released in the United States to come over as well. Think about things like Disaster:Day of Crisis and Fatal Frame 4 making out to the west as well as other titles making it to the states. Use that as a motivation moving forward.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Looks like it's dropped all the way down to number 218 on Amazon. I guess everyone is already giving up.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
Or more specifically, since that ranking represents current numbers, the operation isn't doing enough to expand their numbers / get the word out and engage people.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Probably because they seem to be taking the "currently no plans" response as the final word.