Author Topic: Bravely Default Developer Revealed  (Read 976 times)

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
Bravely Default Developer Revealed
« on: March 03, 2012, 04:12:49 AM »

The guys that brought you 3D Dot Game Hero are working on the latest Square Enix RPG.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29434

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy for the Nintendo 3DS is being developed by Silicon Studio, a tweet from the official Twitter account revealed.

Previously, it was thought that the developer was Matrix, the team responsible for developing Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy: Four Warriors of Light on the Nintendo DS.

While Silicon Studio is best known for their middleware, they have experience developing games with their most notable release being 3D Dot Game Hero.

Square Enix recently released the first in a series of demos for Bravely Default in Japan. You can read more about the game here. You can follow updates (in Japanese) on Twitter for Bravely Default via the Twitter handle @BDFF_OFFICIAL.

Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Bravely Default Developer Revealed
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 06:32:05 AM »
Interest increased, since I've heard 3D Dot Game Heroes was the best Zelda game last gen (before Skyward Sword, mind).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 07:17:49 AM »
I wonder what Matrix is doing these days then?  Because I loved those FF remakes.  Especially FF4, which for my money is definitely superior to the original.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 07:51:47 PM »
Don't care about the name of the developer.  Game looks great.  Name of THE GAME on the other hand...??