Author Topic: Burnout 2 and Splinter Cell came out today... anyone get it?  (Read 12819 times)

Offline AdvancedGamer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Burnout 2 and Splinter Cell came out today... anyone get it?
« on: April 08, 2003, 09:47:46 AM »
The topic pretty much says it all. Nintendo is pretty much killing my wallet. I'd like to pick up both these titles but I've gotten 4 games in the past month. Impressions any1?
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline thecubedcanuck

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2003, 10:30:20 AM »
Am buying Splinter Cell tonight if it is out here.

Will let you know.
Having sex when your 90 is like shooting pool with a piece of rope

Offline JoeSmashBro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 10:30:24 AM »
My only question is that is Burnout 2 really only $29.99?? Has anyone seen this anywhere??
-Joe
"If the guests give you their coats, hang them in the closet!"
AIM: WhatJoeSays

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 10:45:19 AM »
I'll be buying both sometime this month, plus I still want Vendetta.  Plus Skies of Arcadia....plus....ahhh, screw it
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2003, 10:49:07 AM »
I want Burnout 2.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2003, 12:53:11 PM »
I suggest everybody to go out and grab a copy of Burnout 2. Yes, everybody. Even little Timmy up the back of the class.

Haven't played it on GC yet, but the PS2 version has kept me entertained for an unhealthy amount of time. Can't get enough of sliding into parked cars, to watch my wreck sail through the air, crack into the side of a mountain, land back on the road, and have an oncoming truck attempt to brake, fail, and smash into my smoking disaster.

Mmmmm, destruction.

Oh yeah, the racing is fun too =)

Offline DiggleD44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2003, 12:59:37 PM »
I was thinking about getting these games too, and i will. The question i ask though is which one to get first???

----------------------------------------
SYSTEM OF A DOWN!!!

MetallicA rules all.

Offline Sir Pinch-a-Loaf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2003, 01:15:13 PM »

Originally posted by: JoeSmashBro
My only question is that is Burnout 2 really only $29.99?? Has anyone seen this anywhere??

Looking online, it appears that it's $39.99.  Still cheaper than either the PS2 or XBox versions.
What, you thought you wasn't gonna see me?  I'm the Osiris of this s**t.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2003, 01:45:48 PM »
Right, Burnout 2 is $40, no $30. Funny how the Xbox version comes out a month later, is $10 more, and is pretty much the same game (I think there's some few minor graphical enhancements, but that's it).
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2003, 02:18:10 PM »
I thought splinter cell was not out till the 11th?

Offline whispering_smith

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2003, 02:37:14 PM »

Nintendo is pretty much killing my wallet.

I'm in the same boat with 4 games in as many weeks + a Platinum GC w/a 5th game. Oh well, making up for lost time/fun I guess.
Splinter Cell doesn't interest me too much (at least not any of the console versions). I'll definitely pick up B2. With its features + multiplayer it looks to have a lot of replay value. Then this month we also have NBA Street Vol.2 which is an almost guaranteed buy. Of course there's still the tempting Skies of Arcadia & Timesplitters 2 too. Ouch!

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2003, 04:20:25 PM »

I thought splinter cell was not out till the 11th?
The release is varying depending on the store.  IGN has it as the ninth I think, and EB had it for the 10th.  So it just depends.  I'm definitely renting it though, it looks pretty nice, but I don't have $50 to spare right now.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline dafunkk12

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2003, 05:49:27 PM »
Too bad I'm leaving for a regional academic team tourney tomorrow, otherwise I'd pick up my copy of Burnout 2.  Fortunately since I'm a regular, my EB is willing to hold on to my copy past the standard two days until I get back Sunday.  Anyway, I'd really love to know what stores have it for $30 since all the online stores I've checked (including places like WalMart and Target...well, nevermind they don't even list it) plus PriceGrabber.com have it for $40.  Well, I can still get it for $30 since I have a $10 EB Gift Voucher, but if I can save it for something else, that'd be even better.

Offline AdvancedGamer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2003, 11:26:15 AM »

Originally posted by: whispering_smith

...Of course there's still the tempting Skies of Arcadia & Timesplitters 2 too. Ouch!

I picked up Timesplitters 2 last sunday for $20 at Sam's club brand new. I couldn't believe the price when I saw it. It's the greatest game and there's so much replay value it's crazy. The multiplayer modes our heavenly... there's sooooo much options and unlockables and you can even do 2-player co-opertive mode through the story. If I knew it was this good I would have defintly picked it up sooner. It's so good I would have paid $50 for it so at $20 you can't beat it. Go pick it up it's an absolute must have.
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline nolimit19

• The Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2003, 11:50:20 AM »
from everything i have read of splitter cell, i wil not be buying it any time soon. the game is supposed to be only 9 levels long with 10-15 hours of game play. and almost no replay value.....i am not buying it for 50. however i will look into burnout 2. if it gets some good reviews that one is mine. i want a good racing game for the gc. o and vendetta is supposed to be pretty good. i may be picking that up soon.
A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue; but moderation in principle is always a vice.

Thomas Paine

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2003, 12:24:45 PM »
I can't afford them.  They are on my list of games to be bought "in the future".  I still need to find Skies of Arcadia though.  After that I suppose I will hunt down Splinter Cell.  After that I am sure there will be another must buy.  And I still need Pokemon Ruby at some point.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Christberg

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2003, 01:51:44 PM »
Yeah, loads of decent third party GC titles this month.  Going to be pretty damn hard on my wallet for sure.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2003, 02:05:16 PM »
Gah, Just got a call from my guy at EB.  They don't get Burnout 2 in until Thursday.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2003, 03:20:22 PM »
No luck here as well I checked for both titles today and neither was available. Sigh, its for the best....I really can't afford them but I'm gonna see if I can come up with something. I'm committed to purchasing high quality 3rd party titles for GC. Any word on the sales number last month? I was hoping for some concrete numbers. I can extrapolate some numbers from what Nintendo has said but I was just curious.

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline StRaNgE

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2003, 04:17:31 PM »
Looks like someone got a release date mixed up. i checked gamestop and EB, both said there shipment will be in Friday.  This is S. cal and the same stores had Zelda , Metroid and all others on the ship date 2 days prior to release date.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2003, 04:31:32 PM »
Strange, the official release on both was Tuesday.  You can check the press releases.  However, it seems that neither company shipped early enough for people to get them that soon.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Chainsaw

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2003, 02:54:44 PM »
Yeah, I've checked everywhere in the Twin Cities area on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and I have found no trace of this game. No one even knows when it's coming in.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2003, 03:20:57 PM »
Well, just called my guy at EB....still nothing.  Maybe Friday?
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Darc Requiem

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2003, 04:35:32 PM »
I got tired of looking for them so I actually ordered them on-line yesterday. I actually managed to save $5 too. Well it would have been $15 but I had to deduct for shipping cost. So hopefuly I will receive them by Monday. Depends on when they actually get Burnout 2 and Splinter Cell in.

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline Modulus-X

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2003, 05:55:57 PM »
I was considering Burnout 2, but Midnight Club 2 is too tempting....
-=[Modulus-X]=-

Currently Playing: Zelda: The Wind Waker, WarCraft 3 Expansion Beta, Star Wars Galaxies Beta