Author Topic: Nintendo Announces Four Titles For August and September  (Read 6076 times)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Announces Four Titles For August and September
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 05:58:02 PM »
A new Wario, and a remake of an old Kirby game that I never had the chance to own? Awesome.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 06:14:08 PM »
I don't know, a new 2D Wario Land entry on a home console? That seems pretty A-List to me.

Wario's most recent platformers are Wario World and Master of Disguise.  So yeah I think those two titles put him clearly in B-list territory until proven otherwise.  He's like Star Fox.  After a few duds he needs a big smash to put him back in the saddle.

I'm also iffy about Shake because like World and Disguise it is being farmed off to another developer.  I don't think it's a coincedence the Wario Land titles were all developed in house and were all well received and the two farmed off Wario games were considered very "meh".

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2008, 02:53:59 PM »
I knew about all these games except Mystery Case Files which I have no idea what it is.  Apparently it's a "popular series".

It's a PC game series, stores here tend to have a few. I was expecting them to suck but GameRankings has decent scores for them so I guess they could be worth something.