Author Topic: First Bit.Trip Runner Details Revealed  (Read 2048 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
First Bit.Trip Runner Details Revealed
« on: January 21, 2010, 08:40:55 AM »
The fourth Bit.Trip game will be a rhythm platformer game starring Commander Video.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=20816

Gaijin Games' Alex Neuse revealed the first details of the fourth Bit.Trip game, Bit.Trip Runner.    

Originally teased during the credits of Bit.Trip Void, Runner will be a rhythm platforming title inspired by Sony's PlayStation game Vib-Ribbon, according to Neuse, who spoke about the game on Nintendo Life's podcast. He said that the gameplay and music interaction will be closer to Beat than Core and Void as players take control of Commander Video and explore stages to the beat of the music.    

Runner will feature over 50 stages, which is different from the the three-level structure of past Bit.Trip titles. The stages will feature fan artwork as well as new characters making their debut in Runner.    

When talking about Commander Video's appearance in Team Meat's Super Meat Boy, Alex mentions that if Meat Boy doesn't make an appearance in Runner, players should expect him in the next Bit.Trip title.    

Finally, Neuse confirms that the music will be provided by Brooklyn based chip punk band Anamanaguchi.    

Bit.Trip Runner is going through a polishing process, and Gaijin Games expects the game to be released in the spring.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: First Bit.Trip Runner Details Revealed
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 04:54:05 PM »
This sounds interesting.

I have yet to beat the second level in B.T.B. but I really want to see how this is played.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 06:29:07 PM »
Sounds great! I love rhythm-based platformers and can't wait to see it done BT-style. It's also good to hear that they are moving away from the structure of three giant levels per game.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 07:48:30 PM »
Anamanaguchi rocks.  They should be perfect for a Bit.Trip game.  I've been looking for an excuse to add them to Nintendo Funhouse Radio.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »
Screenshot?

edit: just followed the link to NintendoLife and saw the other 2 pics.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 07:15:08 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 09:40:53 AM »
Wow, looks like a big step up from previous Bit Trip entries. I have Beat (which is great but very hard) and I've been meaning to pick up Void. I think I'll pass on Core. This one looks very different and, in a way, expanded. I wonder of the price will go up?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 10:52:43 AM »
Wow, looks like a big step up from previous Bit Trip entries. I have Beat (which is great but very hard) and I've been meaning to pick up Void. I think I'll pass on Core. This one looks very different and, in a way, expanded. I wonder of the price will go up?

I'm guessing $10 for Bit.Trip Runner, maybe $15.

I'm not familiar with the game this will supposedly be based on, but I'm all for the series to change-up its usual formula.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 02:15:40 PM »
I've only seen B.T.B., but is this series like a progression of gaming from the beginning?

first couple of games are really simple looking and slowly start to get more complex(visually) as they move through the sequels?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 07:33:09 PM »
I'm not interested in the other Bit.Trip games; I played the demo of Beat and was not enthralled. I might check reviews of this when its released, it could have promise.