Author Topic: Excitebots:Trick Racing!  (Read 99463 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Excitebots:Trick Racing!
« Reply #425 on: December 09, 2009, 01:24:47 AM »
When I tried playing this game online for the first time, I gave up after a few minutes on the "Searching for match..." screen and the never-ending spinning arrow. I guess enjoyment of online games is partly dependent on how well they sell...

My friend code/fried cod/HULA HOOP is:
4555-0238-3174

I'm guessing the best way to play this game with people is to find an Excitebots community and try to set up a date. When the game was first out, all 10 of us had no problem finding players, since then we've all been busy with other games :P

Since i have to get my wi online to partake in the festivities i'm hosting... I'll definately try to get a game with you Mop_it_up, and maybe maxi can join!
You would like to play me again so you can beat me.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 09, 2009, 03:48:01 AM »
When I tried playing this game online for the first time, I gave up after a few minutes on the "Searching for match..." screen and the never-ending spinning arrow. I guess enjoyment of online games is partly dependent on how well they sell...

4555-0238-3174

I'm guessing the best way to play this game with people is to find an Excitebots community and try to set up a date. When the game was first out, all 10 of us had no problem finding players, since then we've all been busy with other games :P:

Since i have to get my wi online to partake in the festivities i'm hosting... I'll definately try to get a game with you Mop_it_up, and maybe maxi can join!

Does this mean you'll also actually join us for a game of Animal Crossing? Like almost a year later?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 09, 2009, 07:45:29 PM »

4555-0238-3174

I'm guessing the best way to play this game with people is to find an Excitebots community and try to set up a date. When the game was first out, all 10 of us had no problem finding players, since then we've all been busy with other games :P:

Does this mean you'll also actually join us for a game of Animal Crossing? Like almost a year later?

Well i've been meaning to this WHOLE time, but the last time i tried getting my wii online was such a headache i haven't tried since. In all fairness to me, i'm usually a pretty busy guy with work, family and personal life to balance, so by the time i get home (and finish doing **** that needs to get done) i usually hang out in my room with NWR in the background. I often feel like i barely have enough time to play all the games i keep buying, so trying to get my wii online (which means taking my PC offline) is just too much of a hastel consindering I would'nt be able to play online (or off) much to begin with.

back on topic:

The red bars are the worst part of the game, i'll admit that they do break up the action and should've been an optional (and quicker to launch off of) bar like the other ones. However, if you time it right, the red bars can actually be launched off of pretty quickly and can be a tense moment in races. You're still racing when you're on them, and however makes their motions the smoothest and fastest luanch quicker. I've won many a race from my sweet skills working that pole ;)

Wel i am rusty but..... yeah, like a red headed step child :D
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 09, 2009, 10:45:57 PM »

4555-0238-3174

I'm guessing the best way to play this game with people is to find an Excitebots community and try to set up a date. When the game was first out, all 10 of us had no problem finding players, since then we've all been busy with other games :P

Aw cheer up Maxi, that isn't why I want to play with you.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #429 on: December 09, 2009, 11:02:56 PM »

4555-0238-3174

Aw cheer up Maxi, that isn't why I want to play with you.

Well that is kind of you. I just recalled that I haven't added you yet. Gonna do that now.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 10, 2009, 10:43:08 PM »
Don't make me feel bad for playing rough :P
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 10, 2009, 11:43:37 PM »
Well you should, you big meaniehead!

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 12, 2009, 04:06:02 PM »
whatever. i'll go easy on the two of you and still win

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 23, 2009, 01:10:07 AM »
Thanks for playing Maxi, I hope we can do it again sometime.
Who kept choosing Scotland? Just because I want to go there doesn't mean I like that track!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #434 on: December 23, 2009, 01:12:58 AM »
Glad I could play with you before the Holidays.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: January 25, 2010, 01:02:14 AM »
This game is awesome and exciting. At first I thought it was too crazy and that the track would be impossible to follow at such intense speeds. Eventually I got the hang of the controls and pole vaulting after reading the manual (amazing invention).

Trying to prioritize the various shortcuts to maximize stars while still coming out in front so that I can unlock better vehicles and colors gives it a heck of a lot of depth. The flawless online and 'side' games are extra butter on the popcorn. 9/10
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #436 on: January 25, 2010, 02:52:10 AM »
Very exciting bot racing.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 25, 2010, 10:21:03 AM »
This weekend we slipped this game back in the Wii after a several month hiatus. Man, this is a fun game. I like playing it. I equally enjoy watching my 12 year old play it because he is so freaking good at it. He was motivated to unlock the lobster and the centipede so I just sat back and watched him have at it. Exciting as any hockey game IMO.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 25, 2010, 01:52:28 PM »
I'll have to give this game another shot.

But that will have to wait till I either play through RE4 Wii edition (beat the GC version, but barely started the Wii version) or finally unwrap and play Silent Hill.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 25, 2010, 05:50:53 PM »
I miss this game. I haven't played it all year!

This game would drive a 100% completest insane. I've unlocked everything except for the special design for each vehicle, because unlocking each one would take at minimum 25 races.

Trying to prioritize the various shortcuts to maximize stars while still coming out in front so that I can unlock better vehicles and colors gives it a heck of a lot of depth.
I'm still trying to figure out how people get 400+ stars in a race. They rarely finish first so I assume they're off the track somewhere getting a bunch of tree runs, or something.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #440 on: January 25, 2010, 06:20:15 PM »
Indeed, I just bought it recently and added all the people in the Excitebots friend code thread. I love the game, but I kind of wish it had more traditional controls sometimes...
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 25, 2010, 06:46:07 PM »
I forgot there was a friend code forum.
I should probably check that out when I'm feeling like some multi-player

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 25, 2010, 09:02:11 PM »
I miss this game. I haven't played it all year!

This game would drive a 100% completest insane. I've unlocked everything except for the special design for each vehicle, because unlocking each one would take at minimum 25 races.

That's where the online mode becomes even more exciting. You have to bet and win races to get some of that expensive stuff.. but I'm sure you already knew that. It's a great incentive to play and I hope Nintendo uses it again in the future.

I'm still trying to figure out how people get 400+ stars in a race. They rarely finish first so I assume they're off the track somewhere getting a bunch of tree runs, or something.

Hmm.. I guess if you drove in circles around a tree it might work? But there's still the time limit. Now I'm curious too Not that kind of curious
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 09:06:09 PM by Zap »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 25, 2010, 10:50:17 PM »
Mario Kart could learn a thing or two from ExciteBots. The system of stars is better than the VR system that's present in Mario Kart, as it rewards skill and not just your overall position. The VR is pretty ill-suited for a game with such a strong luck element.

Getting all the special designs could take thousands of races though. I don't think I have that kind of dedication.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 27, 2010, 04:29:00 PM »
I missed POSITIVE excitebot talk!?!? Now that's crazy.

Oh you wanna know how to get 400+ stars in a race? BE AWESOME AT IT LIKE ME. Don't believe me? Ask maxi :D too bad he can't show you some of the replays I sent him.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #445 on: January 27, 2010, 04:34:20 PM »
I missed POSITIVE excitebot talk!?!? Now that's crazy.

Oh you wanna know how to get 400+ stars in a race? BE AWESOME AT IT LIKE ME. Don't believe me? Ask maxi :D too bad he can't show you some of the replays I sent him.

You have replays?  I'll serve you my Fried Cod and you send me your awesome replays, then I'll be sure to post videos of them.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 27, 2010, 05:14:55 PM »
Unfortunately I don't think it saves the replay if I send it off, so I don't have any at the moment that I know of.

I'll have to get the game back from the person I lent it to, and I'll see what I can do

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 27, 2010, 05:18:23 PM »
Sure EasyCure, sure.

YouTubers don't show this game enough appreciation. I can't find any videos of world records.

Offline King of Twitch

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 30, 2010, 03:51:27 AM »

You can't get 500+ stars in crystal cup simply by being awesome... people are hanging back and repeating tricks over and over or something. I'm not saying it's blue shell infuriating, but very close

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 30, 2010, 04:22:17 AM »

You can't get 500+ stars in crystal cup simply by being awesome... people are hanging back and repeating tricks over and over or something. I'm not saying it's blue shell infuriating, but very close

I never said about 500+ :P and how do hang out in back repeating tricks within those short time limits!?