Author Topic: Pokkén Fighters and Pokkén Tournament Trademarked in Europe  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Traveller

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile

Is this game Pokémon X Tekken?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/37347/pokken-fighters-and-pokken-tournament-trademarked-in-europe

Nintendo has registered the trademarks Pokkén Fighters and Pokkén Tournament in Europe.

Last year the trademarks were registered in North America, alongside a video from the Tokyo Game Show giving us a glimpse of what appeared to be a Wii U Pokémon fighting game at the end. The one shot of this game showed a Mega Blaziken and a Mega Lucario facing off in a city.

Now that the trademarks have appeared again, it's likely we may find out what this is come E3.

Nicholas Bray - Australian Correspondent

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
Re: Pokkén Fighters and Pokkén Tournament Trademarked in Europe
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 09:18:08 PM »
And the furries suddenly had one giant, collective orgasm

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 10:04:46 PM »
If this is a real fighting game with Pokemon I will go ballistic! I hope it's nothing but Fighting Pokemon as well. No Charizard no Pikachu, just Blaziken, Hitmonlee, Primeape and Mewtwo! Well to name a few.

I'd like it to be a little more complex than Smash Bros but simpler than something like Tekken.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 10:12:18 PM »
Given how tight Bandai Namco are with Nintendo (e.g. Smash 4 & Tekken Tag Tournament Wii U Edition) and that Tekken X Street Fighter seems to have died, a Pokemon-themed fighting game doesn't seem too far-fetched.

I don't know if I was exactly wanting for a Tekken game with Pokemon, but this idea is so bizarre and fun that I'm eager to see it through.