Author Topic: Samurai Warriors 3  (Read 3960 times)

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
Samurai Warriors 3
« on: June 15, 2010, 02:46:57 PM »
Players can choose from more than 35 playable samurai, many based on actual figures from Japanese history. Each stage is filled with fast-paced action as players are challenged to complete a series of objectives by fighting through hundreds of enemies on foot or on horseback. Each samurai has different skills and weapons, and each one offers a different perspective on the overall story of the unification of Japan. Each samurai has a different motive for combat. Some fight to unite Japan, while others seek to protect the honor of their clan and their loved ones.

Features:

• As players fight through hundreds of enemies, players can collect gems to upgrade to superior weapons and armor.
  • In the "Murasame Castle" mode, players help a lost Samurai fight his way out of a haunted castle. This mode is based on The Mysterious Murasame Castle, a game originally designed by Nintendo with input from developer Shigeru Miyamoto and released in Japan on the Famicom Disk System. In this mode, two players can battle cooperatively across long distances via broadband Internet access and Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection.
  • Samurai Warriors™ 3 features a variety of special moves such as:
    • Spirit Charge: Hold the block button to block as well as fill up the Musou gauge. When the Musou gauge is full of electricity, players can press the A button on the Classic Controller Pro™ to execute a "Musou Attack."
    • Ultimate Musou Attack: When both the Rengi and Musou gauges are full, pressing the A button on the Classic Controller Pro unleashes an "Ultimate Musou Attack" that deals lethal amounts of damage to all nearby enemies.
  • Players can select the character's dialogue to be spoken in either Japanese or English.
  • The game can be controlled with the Wii Remote™ and Nunchuk™ controller combination, the Classic Controller™, the Classic Controller Pro or the Nintendo GameCube™ controller.

Screens at: http://e3.nintendo.com/wii/game/?g=samwar
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Samurai Warriors 3
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 02:49:13 PM »
Do I get to hit the giant enemy crab's weak point for massive damage?

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 02:58:33 PM »
  • Players can select the character's dialogue to be spoken in either Japanese or English.

This counts as a "feature" now?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 04:20:40 PM »

This counts as a "feature" now?

There are some Japanophiles out there who really want to listen to the Japanese track for whatever reason.  For them, it's a plus.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 04:38:48 PM »
Well it's a plus for me because it saves me from the terrible English dubs. I don't know Japanese so I don't notice whether or not the Japanese language tracks are bad.

But I mean... Listing it as a FEATURE of the game? That's just... desperate.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 07:21:02 PM »
I haven't played any of the Samurai Warriors games, but most Japanese games I have played sound better with the English dubs (same with animes, I can't stand Goku's annoying Japanese voice).

And yes, it is a good idea to list it as a feature since so few games offer the option.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 02:54:55 AM »
I haven't played any of the Samurai Warriors games, but most Japanese games I have played sound better with the English dubs

Koei games are not included in that.
-Travis Touchdown

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 09:52:33 PM »
I hope Nintendo gives this game a budget price. If not, this will only be a rental for me.
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 01:22:21 AM »
It's full price here IIRC.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 06:58:31 AM »
It looks pretty neat. And also a plus because unlike some other games it looks like it is coming out in the West. Glad it is a Wii game as opposed to on the 3DS. The large numbers of units sound like they would be better suited for the big screen.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 11:32:05 AM »
Honestly it doesn't matter, they could replace those with paper cutouts and it wouldn't change the gameplay much.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 01:33:14 PM »
I'm surprised by the number of people here who seem to have never played Dynasty Warriors. I like it well enough, but I can't say I would ever spend money on it, especially full price.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 01:40:11 PM »
You are surprised? The series is almost non-existent on Nintendo systems. I think GBA had one game and DS has had like two. Samurai Warriors is a different series though (although just a spin-off series, it is still different).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 04:20:51 PM »
There's Mystic Heroes for the GC which is kinda similar but not quite as boring.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 10:01:10 PM »
Mystic Heroes had four characters, and a fraction of the combat and enemy selection that any of the Dynasty Warriors 3+ games have. Mystic Heroes was okay for a bit, but that bit was much less than Dynasty Warriors.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 12:37:16 PM »
Does anyone know if the game ended up being any good?

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 02:08:02 PM »
It's not out yet in North America. I am checking it out later this week at an event, though, and it comes out next week.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2010, 03:21:28 PM »
It's been out forever in Europe so I figured someone might have played that.

Also I wonder if that Murasame Castle mode is good...

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 05:51:32 PM »
It's been out forever in Europe so I figured someone might have played that.

Also I wonder if that Murasame Castle mode is good...

I'm curious, too. I hope it's playable at the event.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"