Author Topic: Eternal Darkness Request  (Read 11385 times)

Offline StRaNgE

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Eternal Darkness Request
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2003, 08:58:56 AM »
it is a fun game the 1st time through, not scary at all but fun and interesting, the 1st time through the insanity effects are great and  if your nat familiar with them they can scrw with your mind a bit. by the 4th time through it becomes extremely boring though and a chore to complete just to see a slightlly different ending. the replay value is notthe greatest.

it is more fun and  becomes a tiny bit creepy if you play with your insanity gone. the problem i found was that for it to be scary it needed to be something that the player could imagine happening to them, which is why the house area always seems the creepiest , especially the bathtun scene which is the only jump  u will probably get out of the game.

as far as thr resident evil remake goes, that had me on the edge of my seat way more often in every new area and even going back into old area as well.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Eternal Darkness Request
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2003, 09:03:13 AM »
well i just recieved REmake today, played it for like 10min and boy that game is scarier than ED
by the way, can you save in the game or are there save points (i mean REmake)

LZ 2005

Offline babble

• View Profile
Eternal Darkness Request
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2003, 09:33:45 AM »
You can only save at the type machines in RE.
All consoles are great, but not all games.

Offline godwheel

• View Profile
Eternal Darkness Request
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2003, 09:36:47 AM »
RE is scarier no doubt. However, Eternal Darkness just left an impression on me like no other game has in the past. I was creeped out of my mind by all the noises and expecting things that did not happen (after the bathtub scene specially). Looking at all the flying books and things also made me creep out. My favorite GC game so far.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
Eternal Darkness Request
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2003, 11:06:16 AM »
I see Eternal Darkness as a awesome introduction of what ED still has to offer. My thought is pretty much 'ED, and it can get so much greater'. I really want a sequel, with better fighting, cooler heros, and better graphics, and more gameplay.
LZ 2005

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
Eternal Darkness Request
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2003, 11:19:18 AM »

Originally posted by: loserfish13
Who the hell is this guy? I beat the game 3 times and ive never seen him! I did only take 2 of the 3 paths so maybe thats what hes from??!!

He was an extra character created for the E3 and Cube Club demos.  Silicon Knights didn't want to give out any spoilers, so they created him as a character to test double weapons, and for the demos.  He doesn't appear in the full game.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Eternal Darkness Request
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2003, 11:34:12 AM »
Eternal Darkness is indeed a great game, and personally I would say it's better than Resident Evil, both in terms of gameplay and 'scare' factor.
Resident Evil has lost it's edge, it's the same trick everytime. Oh dear, I'm walking past a window, nothing happened, walk past it again, oh no, I've soiled myself because a zombie crashed through it.... How original.

Eternal Darkness is unique, due to the insanity effects, although not scary, add even more tension to the atmosphere. I'd love to see a sequel, as in a 'Final Fantasy' type sequel where the entire story, setting and characters have changed.

But I tell you, if you've got access to a PS2, go give a game called 'Fatal Frame' (Project Zero in Europe) a whirl.
Best. Horror. Game. Ever.

This one had me actually fearing to continue on...

Offline FFantasyFX

• View Profile
Eternal Darkness Request
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2003, 07:44:55 PM »

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja

Originally posted by: loserfish13
Who the hell is this guy? I beat the game 3 times and ive never seen him! I did only take 2 of the 3 paths so maybe thats what hes from??!!

He was an extra character created for the E3 and Cube Club demos.  Silicon Knights didn't want to give out any spoilers, so they created him as a character to test double weapons, and for the demos.  He doesn't appear in the full game.

Au contraire, Grey Ninja, the character does "appear" in Eternal Darkness.  If I remember correctly, that character model is one of the people that Pious Augustus sacrifices in Roberto's chapter.

All technicalities aside, Grey Ninja is correct.  The character was a test model that was not intended to be a playable character in the actual game.