Author Topic: Pokémon Black and Pokémon White Sell over Two Million Copies in North America  (Read 1451 times)

Offline NWR_MattB

• Score: 1
    • View Profile

The Pokémon brand is just as strong as ever.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/25853

Having sold in excess of a million copies on launch day, Nintendo announced that Pokémon Black and Pokémon White have reached a new threshold via Twitter.

Today Nintendo of America tweeted:

Thanks, Pokémon fans! You helped the Pokémon Black and Pokémon White Version games hit the 2 million sales mark in just 2 weeks!

With over two million copies sold in two weeks in North America, in addition to over five million in Japan and another million in Europe, Pokémon Black and Pokémon White are one of the fastest-selling DS games to date.

Offline SilverQuilava

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
With little wonder. I've obliterated White pretty much and these are hands down the best pokemon games ever released. And who knows what GAME FREAK will pull out with the franchise next! I can not wait.

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
Well deserved numbers indeed.  I've also nearly "obliterated" White and we haven't even gotten to "Winter" yet in the game! ^_^

I think some of the tweaks/additions in PKMN B/W show that the guys at Nintendo, or at least GameFreak, know what the audience wants and are willing to listen.

... someday I'll get my PKMN semi-MMO* ... someday.

*Don't think World of Warcraft so much as a global version of the thing in B/W where people can hang out in eachother's games and go on missions via local wifi!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Don't blame me, I didn't buy any.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
I bought two to make up for your weakness.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.