Author Topic: Nintendo Announces Official North American DSi Release Date  (Read 10801 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Announces Official North American DSi Release Date
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2009, 04:35:26 PM »
If Lindy ever confirms that we're getting a review copy, I intend to travel around the country and kill off my fellow editors until I am the only staffer left, and the system will HAVE to come my way.

Sorry, but these kind of perks are reserved for the site directors.  Jonny got the review DS Lite.  Windy got the review Wii.  Lindy's gonna get the DSi.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2009, 06:31:03 PM »
Then I'll be forced to kill him!
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2009, 08:20:12 PM »
Here's a thought - depending on how early you get it.
Every site staff member who's willing to pay overnight shipping to ship it to the next staff member can have it for two days (or one, again, depending on how early you get it), then give us your individual impressions of it and ship it out (overnight) to the next staff member on the list...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2009, 02:47:38 AM »
My forum signature should indicate how crazy I am when it comes to downloadable games, so I may end up upgrading later in the year based solely on the DSiWare lineup. Also, considering I've already bought 4 DSs because my first 3 broke (all after the warranty expired or in ways that aren't covered by the warranty), there's a reasonable chance that I may have to replace my current DS Lite because it breaks.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2009, 06:21:27 PM »
Here's a thought - depending on how early you get it.
Every site staff member who's willing to pay overnight shipping to ship it to the next staff member can have it for two days (or one, again, depending on how early you get it), then give us your individual impressions of it and ship it out (overnight) to the next staff member on the list...

That would cost me like $30. I'd rather just buy my own.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2009, 01:57:55 AM »
I already regret it, but I think I will get the DSi. I skipped out on the DS Lite (the improvements were so minor that I could not justify paying another $130+ tax). Knowing how Nintendo of America likes to screw us, I bet we won't get 1,000 Nintendo points free like Japanese gamers are.

Could somebody here with contacts at Nintendo try and find out if they will do that?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20