Author Topic: Goldeneye Wii  (Read 100249 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Goldeneye Wii
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2010, 09:17:12 PM »
The leveling-up and unlocking gadgets and new weapons and achievements is lifted directly from Modern Warfare. I'm really loving the online, except the few times where I've been doing really well and the jerk host (who is losing) quits out, thus negating all the experience I gained during the round!
Really? That's lame. In Call of Duty, you still get to keep any XP you gained.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2010, 09:44:31 PM »
The leveling-up and unlocking gadgets and new weapons and achievements is lifted directly from Modern Warfare. I'm really loving the online, except the few times where I've been doing really well and the jerk host (who is losing) quits out, thus negating all the experience I gained during the round!

I have yet to join a game like that... Ugh thats bad if that happens often.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2010, 02:01:32 AM »

I have yet to join a game like that... Ugh thats bad if that happens often.

It's happened to me occasionally too, and on the few matches where I was actually dominating. Grumble Grumble...

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2010, 09:38:48 AM »
So every game I played with Bustin last night we were paired on the same team every time.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 11:00:58 AM by kraken613 »
~David~

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2010, 10:27:51 AM »
After reading all of the positive reactions, I finally broke down and ordered a copy from Amazon.  I'm sure I'll be posting my information on the Friend codes area in a few days. 
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2010, 02:26:16 PM »
good purchase, you are going to enjoy both single player and multi.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »
Kraken and I joined up outside of a match. We went in together as a team, and right off the bat were seperated.
That's disappointing to hear. It certainly detracts from the game for me.

Yeah, that's sad. Half the fun of Reflex was always getting to play with Mop it up and others. I always hoped that one day we would get a full team of NWR folk.

I wish I had been aware that you guys were playing;  I probably would have tried to pick up a copy.  Depending on the review scores, I could see myself picking up a copy of Black Ops as well.  I've never played a COD game before, though.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2010, 06:42:36 PM »
You never heard? I failed then. When I finally got around to playing my copy I started stumping for it like it was running for Governor of NWR. I'll try better with the next game!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #208 on: November 07, 2010, 07:40:15 PM »
I play CoD on my PS3. The oline co-op stuff is the big draw for me.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2010, 04:20:20 AM »
So every game I played with Bustin last night we were paired on the same team every time.
Interesting. I wonder if it was just a coincidence? Call of Duty would sometimes randomly not pair up party members, I'm not really sure what caused it, but it didn't happen very often. I guess I'll find out when I get it.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2010, 07:27:16 AM »
Interesting. I wonder if it was just a coincidence? Call of Duty would sometimes randomly not pair up party members, I'm not really sure what caused it, but it didn't happen very often. I guess I'll find out when I get it.

And tonight we were paired everytime.
~David~

Offline Seacor

• Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2010, 10:01:12 AM »
There were two (possibly three) players on an opposing team that I have seen teamed up on 3 separate occasions.  I played about 10 rounds with them and they were always together on the opposing team.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 01:01:44 AM by Seacor »
"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die."

Offline Sundoulos

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2010, 10:06:19 AM »
You never heard? I failed then. When I finally got around to playing my copy I started stumping for it like it was running for Governor of NWR. I'll try better with the next game!
Well, to be fair, I didn't start posting in the forums (other than the podcast area) at large until around the time that Monster Hunter Tri came out.  It's no wonder that I missed it.

Offline iDraTion

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2010, 03:31:05 PM »
Quick question for those that have this game: you can play 007 classic mode to play with health packs and body armor in the single player, but is there a multiplayer mode to play that way with regular health instead of regenerating? 

Offline Seacor

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »
Quick question for those that have this game: you can play 007 classic mode to play with health packs and body armor in the single player, but is there a multiplayer mode to play that way with regular health instead of regenerating?

There is a "Classic Conflict" mode in online multiplayer, but it's locked until level 35.  I do not know if health regenerates in this mode.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 04:20:59 PM by Seacor »

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2010, 04:33:08 PM »
I haven't unlocked any of the Lv. 25-and-up multiplayer modes yet. I'm gettin' there, but it's slow-going.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Seacor

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2010, 01:14:40 AM »

And tonight we were paired everytime.

Today I had a chance to get in on some party invites and I don't see any issue with it.  It kept my party grouped up on the same team round after round.  The only time there seems to be trouble is when joining the first match after forming the party.  If there are not enough open slots for your party, you will be split up to balance the teams.  After the round is over you will all be joined up back on the same team and continue until you leave the party.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2010, 01:22:33 AM »
That must be what happened the first time they played then, good to hear. Thank you for the report.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2010, 01:58:19 AM »
Man I stink at FPS's! You guys are going to kill me when we get online!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 10, 2010, 06:16:15 PM »
Can anyone help me with aiming the sniper rifles? Is it so sensitive that everyone has issues? or am I just doing something wrong?

RomanceDawn

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 10, 2010, 06:55:20 PM »
Can anyone help me with aiming the sniper rifles? Is it so sensitive that everyone has issues? or am I just doing something wrong?

Are you using Pointer Control or the Classic Controller Pro?  Well, either way the only real tip I can give you is to practice making small movements, especially on the Pro since that right analog stick is so sensitive.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 10, 2010, 07:03:54 PM »
I'm actually using pointer control. It's tough, I line it up but then I make a shot and it throws bond of balance. Too realistic if you ask me.

RomanceDawn

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 11, 2010, 02:56:18 PM »
You're probably jerking your hand when you fire, just like people do with real guns, which is the primary cause of missing shots in real life.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 11, 2010, 03:45:37 PM »
I just don't bother with the snipers in multiplayer, they're not my style. In SP I have enough time for small adjustments.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 11, 2010, 07:35:45 PM »
I think I might pick this up in addition to Black Ops