Author Topic: No More Heroes for Wii!!!!  (Read 150037 times)

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
RE:No More Heroes for Wii!!!! ANOTHER UPDATED 12/3/06
« Reply #675 on: February 09, 2008, 03:13:08 PM »

Originally posted by: Chiller
a KMFDM reference for the name of one of the stores, however.

wut?
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Darkheart

• Darkheart
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:No More Heroes for Wii!!!! ANOTHER UPDATED 12/3/06
« Reply #676 on: February 10, 2008, 03:24:44 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Apparently there is not more than one profile for game saves. My cousin wanted to play this last night so I copied my save file to an SD card then created a fresh one for him. Now, if I want to go back to my save file, can both files exist on either the wii flash or the SD card, or do I need a second SD card to move things around?

No there is MULTIPLE saves but they were so retarded in creating this.  You have to load up the game and of course you will be on your cousin's save, it will start you off in the hotel.  Exit the hotel outside and press the + button.  Flip through all the options until you get to Data, then choose load file.  Choose YOUR file and voila~!  

It seriously is the most unintuitive way to handle a save feature. . . but at least its there.

Offline therat

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: No More Heroes for Wii!!!!
« Reply #677 on: February 15, 2008, 11:26:24 PM »
3RD BOSS WAS HELLA HARD! :o :o :o :o

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #678 on: February 15, 2008, 11:32:34 PM »
No, it wasn't.  You need to learn how to play.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 15, 2008, 11:42:42 PM »
I love this game, the driving sucks terrible, but other than that it great.  Seems like the first(maybe only) beam katana upgrade is slower. Seems like I lose a lot more often on the free fights.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 15, 2008, 11:56:50 PM »
The driving isn't that bad, it's the rushed hit detection mechanics that they implemented that make it seem like the driving is bad, at least I think so.

The 3rd boss was hard for me too, but only because I like to slice rather than be patient to dodge her attacks.

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 16, 2008, 12:04:47 AM »
Well what is bad about the driving is the environment too.  I can run into a car and not fall off. I can knock down a telephone pole, but not a street sign etc.  The camera makes explorer a pain because it doesn't and can't be rotated, making looking for dumpsters kind of annoying. Then that whole wheely thing is cool, but if you do it at the wrong times it'll through you off the bike. 

How do you do the boost? Maybe that'll make it better.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 12:07:18 AM by DAaaMan64 »

Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 16, 2008, 12:14:07 AM »
NMH uses the overworld less as a gameplay feature, but instead like a thematic foil. The setting is this desolate, dry, almost southwest/coast/something town that is mostly typical, bland, un-interesting, sun-baked and all-that, and its real purpose in the game is to contrast the vivid fantasies of the levels, characters, and circumstances. Sure the overworld serves as a hub, as a fetch quest, as a setting, but it also serves as something that's placed directly contrasting the rest of the game, as if to brighten the rest of the game by comparison.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: February 16, 2008, 06:12:59 AM »
This game has officially made it to my wishlist. This looks like the sort of game the Wii library sorely needs right now.
is your sanity...

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 16, 2008, 10:31:52 AM »
Learn to drive.  Driving like a good citizen only leads to problems.

Your driving is really good.  How do you turn corners like that?  Is there a handbrake I am missing or something?  The brakes don't seem to work like that.

Frozen Shoe Games

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #686 on: February 16, 2008, 01:21:30 PM »
At around top-speed, tilt (turn your wrist) the Wii Remote in the direction you want to make a sharp turn.  While in this tilted position, tap the brake/trigger.  Every sharp turn you execute, your boost meter is restored to 100%, allowing you infinite boost potential.

I drift into pedestrians with ease.

The game knows it's a game.  Because it's a game, it has no problem possessing hidden shortcuts/techniques that are not revealed to the player.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 01:25:02 PM by Professional 666 »

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 16, 2008, 07:06:57 PM »
At around top-speed, tilt (turn your wrist) the Wii Remote in the direction you want to make a sharp turn.  While in this tilted position, tap the brake/trigger.  Every sharp turn you execute, your boost meter is restored to 100%, allowing you infinite boost potential.

I drift into pedestrians with ease.

The game knows it's a game.  Because it's a game, it has no problem possessing hidden shortcuts/techniques that are not revealed to the player.

Freaking awesome.  Thanks.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 18, 2008, 08:31:05 AM »
This game grasps Anime in video games just like it is supposed to be.

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Apparently there is not more than one profile for game saves. My cousin wanted to play this last night so I copied my save file to an SD card then created a fresh one for him. Now, if I want to go back to my save file, can both files exist on either the wii flash or the SD card, or do I need a second SD card to move things around?

No there is MULTIPLE saves but they were so retarded in creating this.  You have to load up the game and of course you will be on your cousin's save, it will start you off in the hotel.  Exit the hotel outside and press the + button.  Flip through all the options until you get to Data, then choose load file.  Choose YOUR file and voila~! 

It seriously is the most unintuitive way to handle a save feature. . . but at least its there.

Thanks for clearing that up, I was confused at the end.

That system is retarded.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline MilkManX

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 18, 2008, 08:11:49 PM »
I am having a blast with this game. It reminds me of the ol 8 bit days where games were just games with a silly story to simply have a theme to guide the player. Its fun and hilarious in a twisted sort of a way. A must play for all older Wii gamers for sure.

Wii Friend Code 3896 5966 4421 6752

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: February 25, 2008, 10:55:00 PM »
I was about to say that this is my favorite new IP of this generation, but it turns out that this is my only non-franchise, non-sequel game for the Wii besides Wii Sports...

Anyway, I love this game.  The style, the action, the bosses.  I love the bosses.  However, I didn't think the schoolteacher boss had much of a personality, especially compared to the ones that came before and after.  My only gripes are: the sameness of all the enemies in the assassination levels, and the repetitiveness of performing the side jobs just so I can make enough money to get to the next mission and buy some new clothes for it.

I recommended this game to my brother.  I really hope he buys it.  He hasn't really played games since the SNES generation, but he recently got a Wii.  I've let him borrow some of my games, but all he really likes is Wii Sports and Guitar Hero.  I think if he plays this game, though, he'll love it.  How can you not?
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 26, 2008, 12:35:01 AM »
i just beat that crazy Planet Terror wannabe braud on the beach for the 5th(?) rank. She was annoyingly tough, but it was a breeze once i started using charged attacks at the start of her stupid multi-missile attack.

i like spoiler tags sorry
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 26, 2008, 05:48:04 PM »
Matt Oz, I found a bunch of t-shirts by going around and kicking all the dumpsters. And when there wasn't a t-shirt in the dumpster, there was $2,000 for me instead! I think I kicked open every dang dumpster in the city.

So, at least there's a way to get some clothes for cheap, even if you have to go digging through the trash for them. :D
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 26, 2008, 06:53:05 PM »
Matt Oz, I found a bunch of t-shirts by going around and kicking all the dumpsters. And when there wasn't a t-shirt in the dumpster, there was $2,000 for me instead! I think I kicked open every dang dumpster in the city.

So, at least there's a way to get some clothes for cheap, even if you have to go digging through the trash for them. :D

Oh yeah, I've been doing that.  I've probably got 30 t-shirts.  I wanna buy new jeans and jackets though, but it's like each one is the cost of an entire side job.  And it turns out I really suck at the free fight missions, because I can't kill more than 6 guys before getting hit.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 26, 2008, 09:33:20 PM »
The camera makes explorer a pain because it doesn't and can't be rotated

Um... Ever try the C button?

However, I didn't think the schoolteacher boss had much of a personality, especially compared to the ones that came before and after.

She's not a schoolteacher. She's 17. =/
-Travis Touchdown

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 27, 2008, 12:19:16 AM »
The camera makes explorer a pain because it doesn't and can't be rotated

Um... Ever try the C button?

Ya that moves the camera behind you, it doesn't rotate the camera so I can see around corners.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 27, 2008, 01:18:34 AM »
Go around corner, push C button. There, now you can see around corners.
-Travis Touchdown

Offline DAaaMan64

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 27, 2008, 01:58:35 AM »
You cannot freely rotate the camera to see down allies easily and quickly right?  No you can't.

Frozen Shoe Games

Offline Dirk Temporo

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 27, 2008, 03:41:43 AM »
It's not like it's horribly inconvenient to take two seconds to look down an alley and hit C.
-Travis Touchdown

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #699 on: February 27, 2008, 03:45:45 AM »
I thought the D-pad rotated the camera, when allowed.