Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. 3 One of Four Club Nintendo Rewards This Month   (Read 3590 times)

Offline Steel Diver

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Gamer Thoughts

Put your Tanooki Suit on and prepare to race in this month's rewards.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34428

This month's North American Club Nintendo game rewards are Super Mario Bros. 3, F-Zero X, Link n' Launch and Metroid II: Return of Samus.

Known by Fred Savage as that game at the end of The Wizard, Super Mario Bros. 3 is considered by many to be the best 2D Mario game. Orignally released on the NES back in 1988, Super Mario Bros. 3 brought many new elements to the Mario series including Mario's transformation into a Raccoon and Tanooki, as well as the Koopalings. For only 150 coins you can pick up Super Mario Bros. 3 for the Wii or Wii Mode on the Wii U.

F-Zero X had big shoes to fill, being the first sequel to the SNES game F-Zero, it brought the series into the world of polygonal 3D graphics. Originally Release on the N64, X brought futuristic racing to the system along with smooth 60 FPS animation; a first for a racing game, and not common among N64 games. For 200 coins you can join in and show your moves on the Wii or Wii Mode on the Wii U.

The newest of the four Club Nintendo games this month, Link n' Launch, is a DSiWare puzzle game developed by Intelligent Systems. Link fuel to your rocket by matching blocks to blast off into space. This one is downloadable only on the 3DS  for 150 coins.

Metroid II: Return of Samus was the first sequel to Metroid, and the first handheld entry in the series. The monochromatic Game Boy adventure follows bounty hunter Samus Aran, on a mission to  exterminatethe Metroid species. For 150 coins you can download this on the 3DS.

All four games will be available for a limited time until June 30.

I'm a staff writer here at good ol' Nintendo World Report, but I also have a Nintendo website at www.nintendogamerthoughts.com

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Bros. 3 One of Four Club Nintendo Rewards This Month 
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 02:36:11 PM »
god that is a good set

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 03:16:54 PM »
Never heard of Link n' Launch before, but even if it turns out to be a dud that's still an impressive set of games.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 03:36:18 PM »
Already own the Super Mario All-Stars release on Wii, so not gonna waste coins on SMB3 again. I am luke-warm on Metroid II based on everything I have heard on it. I love F-Zero GX, but think that F-Zero: Maximum Velocity is a POS, and have never played F-Zero X. I MIGHT pick up F-Zero, or save coins for next month.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 03:38:38 PM »
Tempted by F-Zero X... but think I'll hold onto my coins this time around. Racing games have never really been my thing, and I'm still hoping that some of the Art Style WiiWare games will be offered up eventually.

Nice lineup of games though, harmed only by the fact that many gamers probably already own at least one of those titles.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 03:43:54 PM »
On the most recent RFN, Guillaume was comparing Link n Launch to the "sliding block" portions of the new Mario and Donkey Kong game. Gui seemed to suggest Link n Launch was a good puzzle game. Might be worth a coin cash-in.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 03:45:25 PM »
Also, looks like Zach changed his forum name? Used to be zdyoshikpl, now it is Steel Diver?
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 03:47:22 PM »
On the most recent RFN, Guillaume was comparing Link n Launch to the "sliding block" portions of the new Mario and Donkey Kong game. Gui seemed to suggest Link n Launch was a good puzzle game. Might be worth a coin cash-in.
ive seen it on a few top dsiware games...

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 03:53:39 PM »
This just in from the RFN thread:
From what I remember of my time playing it, it's a good game! Not as similar as I remembered to that Minis on the Move mode that we talked about. The mechanics are a bit harder to wrap your head about (stay away, Jonny!) and I find the game overall much more challenging than that mode, but it's a lot of fun.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 03:58:18 PM »
Already own the Super Mario All-Stars release on Wii, so not gonna waste coins on SMB3 again. I am luke-warm on Metroid II based on everything I have heard on it. I love F-Zero GX, but think that F-Zero: Maximum Velocity is a POS, and have never played F-Zero X. I MIGHT pick up F-Zero, or save coins for next month.

X is a lot closer to GX than the 2D games. Some folks actually like X more than GX. It sounds like it might be worth if for you.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 04:01:58 PM »

X is a lot closer to GX than the 2D games. Some folks actually like X more than GX. It sounds like it might be worth if for you.

Thanks for letting me know. :)
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 04:07:41 PM »
When are we going to get rewards native to the Wii U?

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 04:13:47 PM »
Anyone on the fence about Fzero X need to pick it up ASAP! I think it's way better than the first (which is still a good game) and a lot more approachable challenge wise than GX. Please don't compare it to the terrible gba games. FZero x is fantastic.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline Steel Diver

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Gamer Thoughts
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 04:41:14 PM »
Also, looks like Zach changed his forum name? Used to be zdyoshikpl, now it is Steel Diver?

It was a long time coming, that is my name on Twitter, Reddit, my Nintendo Network ID, and a bunch of other sites.
I'm a staff writer here at good ol' Nintendo World Report, but I also have a Nintendo website at www.nintendogamerthoughts.com

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 05:00:38 PM »

It was a long time coming, that is my name on Twitter, Reddit, my Nintendo Network ID, and a bunch of other sites.
Now THATS news...

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 06:07:40 PM »
Anyone on the fence about Fzero X need to pick it up ASAP! I think it's way better than the first (which is still a good game) and a lot more approachable challenge wise than GX. Please don't compare it to the terrible gba games. FZero x is fantastic.

Yup. It's probably my favourite in the series.
Gouge away.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 11:24:59 AM »
I loved GX and now you guys convinced me, I need X.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 02:25:45 PM »
F-Zero X is the best game in the F-Zero series and has, I think, the best multiplayer on the N64 that isn't a first-person shooter in the X Cup (random course layouts leads to DISASTROUS AWESOME FUN).
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"