Author Topic: What is the "Fantasy Draft" in Madden 12?  (Read 2450 times)

Offline mustbeburt

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
What is the "Fantasy Draft" in Madden 12?
« on: October 03, 2012, 11:52:15 AM »
Hello All.  I need some help.  I'm in my 3rd season Franchise Mode in Madden 12.  One of the unlocks refers to completing a Fantasy Draft.  What is that?  Is it different from the regular draft you do in the offseason?  I've done that 2 times already, so I assume it's not the same thing.  Can someone help me out?

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Re: What is the "Fantasy Draft" in Madden 12?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 11:55:04 AM »
A Fantasy Draft is something you can do at the start of a new franchise mode. Basically, it puts all of the players in a pool, and you draft an entirely new league.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline mustbeburt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 03:30:04 PM »
OK, so if I'm already in my 3rd season of my Franchise... to do the fantasy draft I'd have to start a whole new Franchise?  Or are you saying I can do it for my 4th season?  Does that make sense?

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 05:04:09 PM »
You can only do it at the start of a franchise.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline mustbeburt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 11:23:59 PM »
Thanks, Neal.  Sorry if I sounded like an idiot there.  Madden 12 is the first time I actually did the Franchise mode.

In other news - I was just playing it and for some reason some of the progress of my Unlockables were reset.  I wonder if it is because I started keeping a 2nd controller on as co-op, even though no one is playing with me, but just to get the unlockables which require you to be playing co-op.  Anyone else experience this?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 01:30:48 AM »
Neal! giving it all for the little man!

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 10:11:19 AM »
In other news - I was just playing it and for some reason some of the progress of my Unlockables were reset.  I wonder if it is because I started keeping a 2nd controller on as co-op, even though no one is playing with me, but just to get the unlockables which require you to be playing co-op.  Anyone else experience this?

If you've never played Madden before, I totally get why you'd ask that. Madden is a game that expects you to know everything already, for the most part.

You probably accidentally created a second profile, and maybejustmaybe, you accidentally saved over your first profile. I don't know for sure, but it could either be a hiccup or freaking terrible.

If you have a Twitter account, ask @wiimakemadden for more accurate info.
It's the Twitter account for the Wii/Wii U devs on the series. They generally answer questions, as far as I've seen.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline mustbeburt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 12:22:21 PM »
Thanks for the tip, Neal.  yeah, I think it's a hiccup.  I didn't create anything new, and what's weird is I still have the award unlocked for winning the Superbowl, but for the award regarding winning 2 Superbowls, it used to say 1/2 and now it says 0/2.  Also, the award for winning 50 games went from 30-something /50 to 6/50.  wtf.