Author Topic: Wrestling discussion  (Read 111377 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Wrestling discussion
« Reply #200 on: August 30, 2011, 03:21:41 PM »
I think last night's show was a little too hectic, and am worried that the effective end of the brand split will mean low and mid-card wrestlers will get even less attention.

BTW, WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio was not on Raw last night (or this past weekend house shows) because he was having visa issues. To be honest though, I didn't even notice he wasn't there.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2011, 02:33:29 AM »
Finished watching Night of Champions and Raw tonight and something doesn't make sense to me.  At Night of Champions when Truth and Miz came down to the ring during the HHH and Punk match and beat up the ref and threw him out the ring and John Larenightest came in and HHH hit the pedigree on Punk and the the referee came down to count John stopped the ref while when Punk hit the GTS on HHH John told the ref to count. So it would seem that Punk was right about John tonight on Raw. Also Truth I believe pulled the ref out when Punk was pinning HHH which would imply that Truth and Miz wanted HHH to stay the COO.He would have left the ref alone if they didn't want HHH to be the COO. So when MIz and Truth were fired tonight I was very confused.

Did anybody else see John texting someone at night of champions twice.Once after the Punk conversation and also during the HHH and Punk match after the Miz and Truth came down to the ring and then after that Nash comes through the crowd and attacks both HHH and Punk.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2011, 02:37:54 PM »
It's Laurenitis, but anyway here's what's going on. Miz, Truth, and Nash firings were obviously all fake. It's possible that Chris Masters, Vladimir Kozlov, David Hart Smith, Melina and a couple others from a while back were fake too. WWE recently trademarked the name "Mr. Future Endeavor" who will probably be either Kevin Nash or John Laurentitis, leading a stable of "fired" WWE superstars (Miz, Truth, etc). It's basically going to be a new take on the nWo, but with younger talent who actually has a bit of wrestling skills. The thing that makes me think that Masters and Kozlov were not actually fired is that WWE typically puts the real names of the wrestlers when they are released and they didn't do that for any of the superstars I mentioned.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2011, 03:00:18 AM »
Finished watching Night of Champions and Raw tonight and something doesn't make sense to me.  At Night of Champions when Truth and Miz came down to the ring during the HHH and Punk match and beat up the ref and threw him out the ring and John Larenightest came in and HHH hit the pedigree on Punk and the the referee came down to count John stopped the ref while when Punk hit the GTS on HHH John told the ref to count. So it would seem that Punk was right about John tonight on Raw. Also Truth I believe pulled the ref out when Punk was pinning HHH which would imply that Truth and Miz wanted HHH to stay the COO.He would have left the ref alone if they didn't want HHH to be the COO. So when MIz and Truth were fired tonight I was very confused.

Did anybody else see John texting someone at night of champions twice.Once after the Punk conversation and also during the HHH and Punk match after the Miz and Truth came down to the ring and then after that Nash comes through the crowd and attacks both HHH and Punk.

R-truth has an insane and unstable gimmick, so it makes perfect sense in that context. R-Truth is not rationale and hasn't been presented as such.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2011, 07:34:02 PM »

R-truth has an insane and unstable gimmick, so it makes perfect sense in that context. R-Truth is not rationale and hasn't been presented as such.

Yeah in that context it makes sense.I didn't think of that.

Also it seems that Hugh Jackman was on Raw this past week and may have caused a hairline mandibular fracture to Ziggler with his punch to the jaw.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 22, 2011, 10:13:23 PM »
The jaw fracture is a fabrication. It did look like he actually hit him, but not that hard.

Offline MysticGohan

• I have a large position in nVidia.
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 26, 2011, 05:08:49 AM »
I like Bret "The Hitman" Hart : ) 30+yrs big fan lol
Everytime you open your mouth you prove you're an idiot. ~Vegeta

Never argue with an idiot he'll bring you to his level and beat you with experience.

"I'm doing this because I'm PISSED! Why the hell didn't you ask for my help!?!?" `Roy Mustang  FMA

I could go into a Wendy's res

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #207 on: September 28, 2011, 11:52:09 PM »
The jaw fracture is a fabrication. It did look like he actually hit him, but not that hard.

Jackman says that Ziggler told him before the show to punch him as hard as he could (Jackman was worried since he's spent the last 20 years learning how to fake punch, but Ziggler said that with all the cameras and fans that it would be obvious if he did a fake punch). It was also Ziggler's idea to do the injury angle on Twitter, not WWE's. The punch did look great though.

It was funny to hear how much the crowd popped when Triple H mentioned The Muppets being guest hosts on the October 31 Raw.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2011, 10:33:43 AM »
Did anybody see Hell in a Cell on Sunday and the fallout of of it on Monday Night Raw?

The Hell in a cell PPV was pretty good. At the end of the PPV TheMiz and R-Truth got into the ring. I personally think they got under the ring somehow and at the matches end they disrupted the whole PPV. Basically during the match Ricardo Rodriguez got the key from one of the officials and opened up the door to the hell in a cell. and brought a tire iron into the match which Del Rio used to attack Cena and locked him out of the cage. Cena couldn't get into the cage again. Del Rio threw the key underneath the ring and finished off Punk with the tire iron after Punk tried to do the GTS. On Monday they had a vote of confidence for HHH and basically everyone and I do mean everyone on both shows let the show but the WWE Universe was still cheering HHH as the show was ending. 
So what does everyone think is going to happen with this moving forward?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2011, 09:03:56 PM »
Here's what will happen - Survivor Series: Team WWE vs Team Future Endeavor
Team WWE: John Cena, CM Punk, Triple H, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin (yes, I went there)
Team Future Endeavor: Kevin Nash, The Miz, R-Truth, Dolph Ziggler, Vince McMahon

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2011, 01:09:20 AM »
Well looking at what happened tonight on Raw with Miz and Truth coming back there is that possiblity. Plus with CM Punk siding with Triple H tonight there is that as well. Jonny Ace fired JR tonight and as The King said it seems Johny Ace is just undoing all the good things that Triple H did. It seems Triple H isn't running Raw anymore so he can get more involved then if he wasn't running Raw. Also Cole was talking about change and well I really didn't see any changes. It is just that the chaos is when somebody that wants it is happening. Before it was just like kids acting out to get their way. So Vengence is 2 weeks away and I guess they will use that time to build on the storyline till it is built up enough.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 22, 2011, 09:48:16 PM »
So I just read an article about how Vince McMahon realizes that while the Divas attract a certain demographic (I presume dudes who act like they've never seen an attractive woman before), he dislikes their matches and segments.

Yeah... That's pretty much what's wrong with the WWE. Instead of improving a stale or broken product, they just let it sit there and rot. Great. From what I understand of the Divas division, the 2 best female wrestlers are on the same f-ing team (Natalya and Beth Phoenix). What the hell? I've never been a fan of the women's/Diva's division, but if it's going to be there, it might as well be as entertaining as it can be, meaning ol' Johnny Funkman should do some damn talent scouting and bring in some women who can actually wrestle and not have a bunch of models running around who don't know their way around the ring. I can name one wrestler right off the bat: Daffney. Yeah, she's 36, but she's trained to wrestle and doesn't suck at it. Plus, she's hot so she can still be marketed that way since that's half the appeal of the division. Apparently, she used to date CM Punk so unless that's really awkward, I say bring her in and make that division less about Kelly Kelly pretending that she wrestles and more about chicks who can.

Speaking of CM Punk, apparently, Shawn Michaels saved his career back in 2007. Michaels was sitting in an ECW storyline meeting when Vince and the agents started bashing Punk (again) until Michaels said, "“Um, if you don’t like something the kid is doing, why don’t you work with him to fix it… instead of killing him." It's sad that it took someone who isn't a part of the creative team to say that. Why hire and pay these people if you're just going to bash them? Why cringe at and mock employees who put on matches and segments that are boring, terrible, and don't appeal to the live audience or at home (i.e. Diva's Division) instead of trying to improve them?

I only really pay attention to Punk's segments and matches and they've taken a dip in quality since becoming a full-fledged face. I thought it worked better when he was playing the rebel who was kind of a face and kind of a heel. So much for that. The rest of the show ranges from barely passable to neverending facepalm. It's just not that interesting and I'm glad I can skip a lot of it on youtube. But, it doesn't have to be like that. There's too much talking and not enough wrestling. Bring in guys and gals who can do both but have them fucking wrestle more. That's what the second W stands for, dammit! And bringing back Mick Foley isn't going to fix an overall shitty show, especially if they have him play super-face Foley that jumps at every cheap pop he can get. Not even bringing back Chris Jericho is going to fix a whole lot if the product itself remains stale and predictable. CM Punk's epic promo back in June was awesome because there was nothing else like it. After that, Raw just became lame again.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #212 on: October 24, 2011, 12:25:54 PM »
Here's what will happen - Survivor Series: Team WWE vs Team Future Endeavor
Team WWE: John Cena, CM Punk, Triple H, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin (yes, I went there)
Team Future Endeavor: Kevin Nash, The Miz, R-Truth, Dolph Ziggler, Vince McMahon

Hmm based on what happened at Vengence I think this is a very high possibility. I think instead of Dolph Ziggler we are going to to have Alberto Del Rio. Also it was announced that The Rock will be at Survivor Series. So the only thing left would be Stone Cold Steve Austin and Vince McMahon from your list. I think either The Big Show or Mark Henry will take that last spot on the WWE team but after what happened in their match there might not be a chance of that happening.The other possibility is The Undertaker for Team WWE.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:32:22 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 24, 2011, 01:05:48 PM »
Vengeance was pretty terrible (I'm happy Del Rio won, but there shouldn't have been any interference), but the Superplex was pretty awesome. I actually wonder if that was supposed to happen or not. I kind of think it wasn't supposed to, so they had Show and Henry stall for a while so they could come up with some changes to the main event. What makes me think it was real is that they never tried to fix it, and every time Cena or Del Rio landed on the mat there was no give and you could tell it actually hurt.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 18, 2011, 10:59:49 PM »
Jesus Christ people, lets discuss wrestling again. TLC was tonight - pretty damn good PPV actually. I wish Mark Henry kept the title longer, but he had a pretty decent run. Daniel Bryan cashing in and winning (without doing anything) was both unexpected and disappointing, but I don't watch Smackdown! so I don't even care really. HHH vs Nash was better than I would have expected (I liked the last few seconds especially), but I think it would have been better if Nash had won...maybe. The triple threat was awesome. I figured it was down to Del Rio or Miz once CM Punk got cuffed to the turnbuckle, but that was a pretty great finish. I should also point out (not a spoiler but...) that www.hahasport.com always has streams to WWE PPVs, and they rarely get taken down.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 11:01:39 PM by Brandogg »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #215 on: December 18, 2011, 11:07:29 PM »
I didn't watch the PPV, but it sounded really good from the coverage on PWTorch. I really agree with the title changes that did happen, and pretty much agree with all of the match results.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #216 on: December 25, 2011, 07:40:21 PM »
I did like the TLC PPV and I did like the results and the crowning of the new champions. I think it is a nice young step for the WWE. I thought all the matches were great. I think Daniel Bryan cashing in early could have a nice setup for a Wrestlemania match for Bryan. I did like the ending to the Triple Threat match. Punk is resourceful.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 31, 2011, 12:29:00 AM »
Welcome back to WWE, Brock Lesnar! That's not a spoiler - just a prediction. Brock lost to Overeem tonight (looks like his guts will never fully heal) and retired from UFC. WrestleMania just got a little more Mania-er.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #218 on: December 31, 2011, 02:46:42 PM »
He also just this week said that if the money was right, he would return to WWE. I don't know if he would want a full time schedule though since he said that was one of the primary reasons he left in the first place.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #219 on: December 31, 2011, 02:49:41 PM »
He's still under UFC contract, and if I'm Dana White I keep him locked up until it runs out. If he'll come down from the ragequit, I want to make money off it.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 03, 2012, 09:27:13 AM »
Jericho's return is getting mixed reactions from the internetz. I'm a huge Jericho fan and while I'm disappointed that he didn't cut a killer promo, I liked the way it was handled. That was the best live audience trolling since Norm Macdonald "roasted" Bob Saget. Jericho's debut in 1999 and return in 2007 were basically the same thing. Last night's comeback was a parody of those and every other major return of a superstar who grabs a mic and talks for 10 minutes. I thought it was a nice twist on the formula. I was hoping the "It Begins" clips were for someone else and Jericho would be a surprise entrant at the Royal Rumble but there's no way he could come back as a heel that way so smart move on WWE's part.

Jericho is probably being set up to face CM Punk (with the whole Best in the World thing) so I predict Jericho winning the Royal Rumble so he can get a title shot at Wrestlemania. I can't decide who I'd want to win that match. I'm leaning toward Punk keeping the title because Jericho is the bigger name and Punk losing does more damage to his character. I don't think people are convinced that he should be a top superstar (I think he should and is) which is another reason why Jericho not cutting a promo was a good idea. If Jericho interrupted Punk, I think the high of a major superstar return would overshadow and trump storyline plans. Even if Jericho tried to be a heel, he'd probably end up getting a bigger pop and leaving as a face which would totally suck for Punk. I think Punk needs more time to be a top guy. They'll eventually have their pipe bomb sparring soon enough but I'm glad they held off.

I was hoping for Undertaker vs. Jericho at Wrestlemania since I wanted Undertaker to face someone different (Jericho would absolutely HAVE to lose, that's not debatable) and I really don't want to see Taker vs. HHH again. So, unless WWE has Jericho wrestle 2 matches on a single PPV again, I think we're getting Punk vs. Jericho for the WWE title and Taker vs. HHH.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 05, 2012, 01:27:11 AM »
im going to root for jericho but not watch it, because i havent watched more than 2 minutes at a time 3 times a year for 6 years.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #222 on: January 09, 2012, 10:04:13 PM »
So WWE will have 2 inductees into the Hall of Fame announced tonight. I am sure one will be Mil Mascaras (who they already announced on their website a couple of month ago after Triple H made the announcement during their tour of Mexico in October). The other was announced about 20 minutes ago. I don't think it's too early for him, he deserves to be in.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2012, 01:40:46 PM »
Yeah he total deserves to be in the WWE Hall of Fame. He was a apart of one of the greatest tag teams and he did have that World Heavyweight title the most time times I think. I gotta say that he is my fave superstar.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2012, 11:13:49 PM »
Correct, he held the title 7 times, next most is Triple H at 5. I see people saying too soon, but Eddie Guerrero was inducted 4 months after he died and Shawn Michaels was also inducted 1 year after he retired.