Author Topic: StreetPass Glitch Experiment  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Hyawatta

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Shadow Site
StreetPass Glitch Experiment
« on: September 06, 2013, 06:10:01 PM »
Does anyone remember the StreetPass glitch that occurred when you replaced the battery in the original 3DS? After you put the battery back in and turned the system back on, the clock would be reset to zeros. You could simply readjust the clock back to the correct time. However, the clock reset indicated that you had activated the StreetPass glitch. From that moment on, you could no longer StreetPass with any Mii’s that you had previously StreetPassed with before.

Many people encountered this glitch when they replaced the standard 1300mAh 3DS battery with the Nyko PowerPak+. I encountered this glitch when I replaced my standard battery with a 2500mAh one. At the time I had only StreetPassed with two Mii’s, my brother and a Best Buy. I was my bro’s only StreetPass at the time too. So, he also upgraded his battery, but then he performed the only known fix for the glitch: a system format. After he formatted his system, we were able to StreetPass again. I never did reformat my system. I still, to this very day, have never been able to StreetPass with that Best Buy again.

Now, years later, I have purchased a black 3DS XL. I wanted to replace the standard 1750mAh 3DS XL battery with a 2500mAh one. This time I could replace the battery first, before I even powered the system on. However, I wanted to use this opportunity to test if the glitch still exists or if it has been fixed and is no longer an issue. Here is what I did and what I found out.

First, I powered on the 3DS XL and set it up so it could StreetPass and SpotPass.
Then I StreetPassed the 3DS XL with the 3DS twice.
I also performed any updates the came through SpotPass.
After the second StreetPass, I powered the 3DS XL off, plugged it into the wall charger, and then I removed the battery while the charging cable was still plugged into the system.
I waited 5 minutes before I put the new battery into the system.
After I put the new battery into the system, I powered it back on and checked the time.
The 3DS XL still showed the correct time!
Next, I unplugged the charging cable from the 3DS XL, powered it off, and then I removed the battery while the charging cable was unplugged from the system.
I waited 5 minutes before I put the battery back into the system.
After I put the battery back into the system, I powered it back on and checked the time.
The 3DS XL had reset its clock to zeros.
Next, I readjusted the clock back to the correct time.
Finally, I waited 8 hours to see if the 3DS XL and the 3DS would StreetPass again.
The 3DS XL and the 3DS successfully StreetPassed after I had replaced the battery and reset the clock in the 3DS XL. Apparently, the glitch has been fixed and is no longer an issue.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 01:27:27 PM by Hyawatta »