Author Topic: Nintendo Ads Win Awards  (Read 3901 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Nintendo Ads Win Awards
« on: May 02, 2006, 09:39:27 PM »
Nintendo and Smashing Ideas win awards for Nintendogs, Trace Memory and Polarium.

Smashing Ideas Wins Internet Advertising Competition Awards for Nintendo Projects; Web Marketing Association Recognizes Work of Seattle-based Studio    

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 2, 2006--Smashing Ideas, Inc., an entertainment and marketing services studio that creates immersive, interactive content for all screens, has been recognized by the Web Marketing Association in its 2006 Internet Advertising Competition Awards.    

Awards won include three for Smashing Ideas' Nintendo projects: "Outstanding Integrated Ad Campaign" for Nintendogs (www.nintendogs.com), "Best Game Site Integrated Ad Campaign" for Nintendo Trace Memory (www.tracememory.com), and "Best Toy & Hobby Rich Media Online Campaign" for Nintendo Polarium.    

The Web Marketing Association presents the awards annually to agencies that uphold a high standard of excellence and produce innovative, compelling web-based products. "All three projects for Nintendo reveal Smashing Ideas' flair for creativity, and ability to engage young, tech-savvy computer users," said William Rice, president of the Web Marketing Association. "They're outstanding individual projects, and even when viewed separately, easily discernible as the work of Smashing Ideas."    

"We're very pleased that our entries won Internet Advertising Competition awards this year," said Tiffany Young, creative director, Smashing Ideas. "The competition was filled with impressive work from a host of qualified agencies."    

About Smashing Ideas    

Seattle-based Smashing Ideas (smashingideas.com) has been the leader in rich media and Flash-based entertainment for kids, tweens and teens for more than nine years. Smashing Ideas currently develops brand-building experiences and content for four of the top five kid's websites, and has created more than 200 online games for multiple platforms including PC, IPTV and Mobile. Smashing Ideas' client list includes Nintendo, Nickelodeon, AOL, Kraft, MTV, Mattel and Yahoo!

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Nintendo Ads Win Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 10:08:19 PM »
Oh wow, I'd never even been to Trace Memory's site before, that is pretty rad.

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 10:11:36 PM »
Yeah, Trace Memory's site is cool.

For a second I thought they were giving a award for the Nintendog's tv ads, and I was all what.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Nintendo Ads Win Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 10:55:43 PM »
But I thought Nintendo was sucky when it came to marketing? At least that is what everyone says
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 05:06:08 AM »
The Backstreet Boys have won awards as well.

Does that mean they don't suck?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 05:20:31 AM »

Originally posted by: VGrevolution
But I thought Nintendo was sucky when it came to marketing? At least that is what everyone says

Haha, I was thinking the same thing...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 05:46:03 AM »
And while we're at it, let's look at how well those particular games sold, shall we?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 05:51:53 AM »
Nintendogs?  It sold quite well!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 05:56:30 AM »
Yes.  Now, let's look at how well the rest of those particular games sold, shall we?

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 05:57:48 AM »
Puzzle games and Point-and-Clicks are not popular genres anymore...(Yes, even puzzle games...)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 06:31:22 AM »
Apropos Polarium, I'm annoyed that the GBA version costs 10€ more than the DS version.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 06:32:10 AM »
"Good advertising doesn't win awards - it sells product."

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 01:51:24 PM »

Originally posted by: VGrevolution

I need to make you watch "HOTNEWZ 64".

Speaking of which, if NCL won't let NOA put demo discs in Nintendo Power, they should at least be making regular promo DVDs like they did on VHS.

And comics. Since that time when they came out with the LTTP comics in NP, we've missed out on volumes of official manga for Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Four Swords, and probably a lot more.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi