Author Topic: DS Rumble Pak Now Free with Metroid Prime: Hunters  (Read 4196 times)

Offline Svevan

• Not Afraid of Being Afraid
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
    • Continuity
DS Rumble Pak Now Free with Metroid Prime: Hunters
« on: May 02, 2006, 02:18:17 PM »
If you want one.

Did You Know?    

Metroid Prime Hunters Fans Get Ready to Rumble - For Free

Nintendo is shaking things up this summer by offering a free Nintendo DS   Rumble Pak(TM) with the purchase of Metroid(R) Prime Hunters for Nintendo   DS(TM).  The accessory fits into the Game Boy(R) Advance cartridge slot and   delivers good vibrations to immerse players even further in the smack-talking,   morph-balling, Wi-Fi multi-playing Metroid action that Nintendo DS owners are   raving about.    

Since its March 20 launch, Metroid Prime Hunters has impressed players   with its beautiful graphics and deeply engaging game play.  Six new bounty   hunters, Wi-Fi multi-player action, voice chat and intergalactic rumblings in   the palms of players' hands make this a bold and distinct chapter in the epic   franchise.    

Free Rumble Paks with Metroid Prime Hunters purchase are now available at   select retailers for a limited time and while supplies last.

Evan T. Burchfield, aka Svevan
NWR Message Board Artist

My Blog

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: DS Rumble Pak Now Free with Metroid Prime: Hunters
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 02:27:06 PM »
Is Metroid Prime Hunters not selling as well as expected?  It seems kind of odd for them to suddenly offer this promotion for no reason.

Offline miedo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 02:27:54 PM »
Yes I did know.  And I'm assuming that any smack-talking would be negated by the loud noise the bloody thing makes.  If it was advertising to rumble our eardrums, then I'd say I'd agree with the name "rumble pak".

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
RE:DS Rumble Pak Now Free with Metroid Prime: Hunters
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 02:32:55 PM »
im guessing the rumble pak sucks?  Oh well, i already have metroid prime hunters and seriously don't care for the rumble pak.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 02:57:16 PM »
Maybe Nintendo has a huge warehouse of crappy rumble packs and they want to get rid of them.  That's probably pretty likely.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 03:05:10 PM »
Could this be because they need to clear inventory before releasing a Lite version of the Pak?

Probably not, but I don't want a rumble pak hanging out of my DS Lite (whenever I actually pick one up.)
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 03:43:29 PM »
Free WiFi dongle would've been a better idea.

I know I said they missed the boat on free dongles by not giving them out with Mario Kart, but if they can overlap and try again with the Rumble Pak, they can overlap and try again with the WiFi dongle.

BTW, doesn't giving the Pak away free with Metroid Prime Pinball, and then giving it away free with Metroid Prime Hunters, cause an abnormally large overlap?
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 05:17:39 PM »
proberly made up 10 of thousands for metroid pinball and pinball didnt sell that well
Free dongle with every game? lol Nintendo wants to make a profit not a loss

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 05:47:29 PM »
Wumble Pak works well with Metroid Prime Steak Pinball, not so well with Mario & Luigi and Super Princess Umbrella Face. Now it just sits on the shelf.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 05:53:20 PM »
wht? does every game has rumble pack support?

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Donutt007

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 06:17:16 PM »

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 06:35:59 AM »
I wonder if MPH will come bundled with the roomble pak from day 1 in Europe...

Offline Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 07:09:33 AM »
'Here's hoping they offer it to people who've already bought the game--á la pink Kirby stylus.  

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 09:05:08 AM »

Originally posted by: mantidor
wht? does every game has rumble pack support?
No.  So far only Metroid Prime Pinball, Mario & Luigi 2 and Metroid Prime Hunters.  Maybe Princess Peach (but I can't remember).  I think New Super Mario Bros will also support it, but don't quote me on that.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!