Author Topic: RFN: Doin' It Live... for the Kids!  (Read 30509 times)

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
Re: RFN: Doin' It Live... for the Kids!
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 02:43:18 PM »
I'll be there guys! Great idea!
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline tyrian3

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 06:39:50 AM »
I don't know if I'll be there, probably since it'll be around 18 CET (late saturday afternoon...I should be free :P) anyway if I won't be able to be there live I hope I'll get the recording later. Of course I've already donated, just five bucks (or 3,95€ lol) but I don't have a job so I really have to be careful with money. But hey, it's for the kids :)
Go go RFN!

Offline Scatt-Man

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2010, 02:35:26 AM »
Having trouble donating *has a cry about it.* Seeing as I live in Australia, I'm thinking that maybe something gets buggered up when inserting my credit card details. Yes, yes, 'good cause' and all of that, but I doubt I'd be around to listen to this beast live, so I'm hoping to download it later. Phone number mayhaps not being a U.S. one? I 'unno... I'll try again soon.  :'( $10US Comin' your way soon, guise. *hugs* Zomg, exchange rates mean that's totally $10AU now!! And we still get charged $120 for teh new x-bocks games... I remember when my dad bought Super Castlevania 4 for $140 back in the day. Oh, and Street Fighter 2 was like $180 or somethin'... I DIGRESS, RITE?!

Also, CRAAAAIGWAY! Lots of love to the Craigmeister. He totally read out my question on their IGN Haiti charity thing. "Where are you guise recording from? IT DUN' LOOK LIKE TEH PODCAST ROOM!!1." And even though it's a long-shot that anything I write here will get mentioned on the 'cast, I'll give it a shot. Tell Craigzy that Snake Rattle 'n Roll on the NES is totally tits-awesome. Grew up on it 'n memories 'n stuff. Cheers.  :Q

Offline MoRZ

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2010, 06:48:23 AM »
You should put up a world clock in here so that anyone knows exactly when the show starts for them.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2010, 10:51:30 AM »
Houston, we have a GAF thread.

Hopefully this'll boost the numbers before Saturday.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 01:47:02 PM »
Nice to see that 10 percent of the goal has been met. And the show is still two days away. I'm insanely excited for it!  ;D
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 02:31:12 PM »
Tell Craig Harris he looks like the bald version of the host of Destination Truth on Syfy.

Offline GearBoxClock

• Bratwurst Bild
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • The Clock Crew
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 04:00:01 PM »
Ich lasse Sauerkraut in meinem lederhosen

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 04:01:17 PM »
Craig is gonna be on and yet I saw no one posted about the telethon on IGN's Wii Lobby. Well, that's been corrected.  :D

Offline PabloY

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 04:26:24 PM »
Done. It's not much but I hope it helps. I won't be able to listen live, bu i'll definetly listen to the whole thing in the recorded format. Good luck with the goal!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 05:08:21 PM »
I have also made a small donation now.  I don't know if I'll be able to listen to the Live Show, but I definitely want the recording (I put my Forum name on one of the comments with NintendoWorldReport's Live Show mentioned).
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 05:53:45 PM »
The widget on our blog doesn't seem to be updating (I'll check with Aaron to see if we can fix it), so here's a current report on donations.

As of 6:00pm Eastern on Thursday, we have raised a total of $628.50 from 32 individual donors! This is a great start with about 40 hours left to go before the event even begins, so thank you to everyone who has already donated! I will be updating this blog tonight with a lot more details on our content schedule and fundraising goals for each hour.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2010, 08:43:26 PM »
There's no problem on our side (the widget is a Flash app hosted by Chipin).  And it's updating fine for me anyhow.
EDIT: Actually, Chrome seems to keep it in cache... you'll have to clear your cache for it to update on that browser... there doesn't seem to be any way around it, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 06:22:33 PM by MegaByte »
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline wick

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 02:54:02 AM »
I doubt I'll be able (sober enough) to listen seeing as it will be 4am over here in the land of Aus, but I've still given a small donation, as it's a good cause.

Have fun guys. Hopefully I'll be able to listen to a replay somehow.

Offline Killer_Man_Jaro

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2010, 03:51:02 AM »
Definitely liking that schedule of events. Seriously, what you're doing here is wonderful, and I really hope I can muster the energy to stick around for at least the majority of the event. Whatever happens, good luck tomorrow.

EDIT: I put in $10. It would be amazing if you made it to the $10,000 goal.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 05:07:14 AM by Killer_Man_Jaro »
Tom Malina
UK Correspondent
-----------------------------
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2010, 04:16:56 AM »
Just chipped in what little dough I could. I like the look of that content line-up, and hope I can listen to the majority of the show.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2010, 07:17:13 AM »
I donated  :D

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2010, 07:39:03 AM »
It looks like I may be working in the office alone on Saturday.  I'm a little happy about that b/c perhaps I'll be able to listen to this in the background.  I've contributed and may give a little more on the day of the show.

Good luck, folks!  The schedule looks good so far. 
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline LittleIrves

• Title = Ha.
    • View Profile
    • Kill Screen
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2010, 09:41:53 AM »
I'm chipping in the last $12.50 needed to get to $750...   that's awesome you snagged Craig Harris.  Wish I could listen live, but have some out-of-town guests who probably wouldn't be as excited to listen to Nintendo chatter all day, so I'm hoping there's some kind of recording available for donators? Is that a word? 
(...craigway.)
Have an amazing show.
Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com

Offline LittleIrves

• Title = Ha.
    • View Profile
    • Kill Screen
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2010, 09:47:11 AM »
DONOR!  Right.  Anyway.  If you'll excuse me, I'm off to try and find a used copy of Cubivore...
Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2010, 11:54:22 AM »
Hope to be in the chat for some of it. Have you thought about putting it up on a P2P to cut down on bandwidth?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2010, 12:08:38 PM »
Bandwidth for the recording may not end up being a problem after all... we'll see how big the file turns out and double-check our hosting plan limits. I am told that we're far less constrained on bandwidth than used to be the case, since we changed hosts last year.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2010, 12:17:27 PM »
Hey wick and anyone else far afield of the U.S. -- one of the good things about doing such a long event is that it will span several hours and may be accessible to more time zones that way. If it kicks off at 4am for you, it could run until 4pm -- so maybe you can catch it somewhere in the middle!

By the way, PayPal will convert your local currency into US dollars, so hopefully everyone will have access to the donation process.

ALSO, I am fairly certain that PayPal does work with debit cards. It definitely works with credit cards, checking accounts, and any existing PayPal funds that you might have from selling on eBay, etc.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:19:21 PM by Jonnyboy117 »
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2010, 06:38:44 PM »
I just contributed ten dollars. How will the people who donate be able to listen to tne podcast? Will you send it to us via email or download?
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2010, 07:11:19 PM »
We'll have information about the recording after this weekend. Through ChipIn, I have email addresses for every donor, so we can contact you directly if needed.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!