Author Topic: The Conduit 2 confirmed.  (Read 45126 times)

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: The Conduit 2 confirmed.
« Reply #175 on: May 03, 2011, 10:47:30 AM »
I don't care if the functions are tied to each other. Why can't it be the same thing with waggle? If you are over a weapon you waggle to pick it up. Though they should really not combine those functions together like that. This isn't the 90's. I expect better design in my 10's FPSes (is that what we call this decade?)

It doesn't matter if you care. Because they're tied, you can't map them. Stop complaining. We know you hate the game. Just fucking sell it and save all of us the pain of you bothering us.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #176 on: May 03, 2011, 05:29:05 PM »
Stratos is free to discuss and criticize the game, whether you agree with him or not. Considering that he owns the game and is commenting on his play experience, this is hardly trolling. Please do not attempt to stifle discussion.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 03, 2011, 05:34:10 PM »
I read that penny arcade strip, I thought it had a lame punchline.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2011, 08:46:21 PM »
This isn't the 90's. I expect better design in my 10's FPSes (is that what we call this decade?)
Sure why not? I don't think anyone is going to confuse it with the 1910's, since that was a hundred years ago.

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2011, 12:02:08 PM »
I'm kinda digging it so far.  I only played the first two levels and the multiplayer matches.  I found it to be okay so far.  I think I'm the only person that enjoys the absurd conspiracy theory plot.  I did like the art direction of atlantis.  I have the gamestop limited edition. Just like last time.  I think the art book really shows that this has a better look and feel too it.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2011, 08:56:44 PM »
Really? Atlantis felt generically "futuristic" to me. For some reason, it reminded me of the Hive of the Mantids level from Turok 2. Don't know why, though. :-P
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 08, 2011, 11:42:35 AM »
I dunno Halbred this game is just doing it for me.  Its weird.  Cause I play Resistance, Halo, COD a lot.  The first conduit really let me down.  I played through the single player and the multiplayer a little bit.  It was okay but a victim of over-hype and archaic design.  However this one I really find satisfying.  One of the things that really does it for me in FPS is bazaar guns.  I found the alien weapons in this really different.  (much like Resistance)  I've played through most of the single player and put a bunch of hours into multiplayer.  I've been sticking to hardcore mode and its fun.  They have just enough that COD level up thing going on.  Plus some of those multiplayer levels are cool.  Like the one with the UFO crash landing.  I dunno you would think as a hardcore FPS fan I wouldn't dig this but its really hitting all my buttons.  Unique guns, addictive multiplayer, the conspiracy theory fan service plot.  I think I'm the key audience for this.  I've put like 9 hours into it in just 2 days which more than played the original all together and more than I played Goldeneye. Goldeneye felt like it was "if you are a nintendo fanboy and hate all fps made in the last ten years you will love this."  Conduit one felt like a proof of concept.  This feels like a game I would play and like on X360 & PS3.  I totally get why other people find it bland but for me its good.  I might even pick up a head-banger headset.  But then again I got WII speak for the first one and that was a mistake.

I wish it still had Kevin Sorbo he was the best part of the first one.  Though john St. John is fun.  Maybe they can get him back for 3.

We should game night it for newscast?

Anyways anybody that wants to add me my friend code is 0819-4414-7506

I guess I'm Conduit/HVS defense force?  Honestly I hope the 3D version happens and an HD 3 for Cafe launch would be awesome.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2011, 11:25:23 PM »
New patch details.
BALANCING
 * Stealth Nerf – Players with stealth show up on radar if they are sprinting or jumping
* Warp Pistol Buff – Increased rate of fire
* Helmet Buff – Increased damage reduction from headshots
* Field Medicine Buff – If either the reviver or the revivee has Field Medicine, the revived player gets an extra clip of ammo
* Essense Salvage Buff – Now triggers on Assists as well as kills
* Explosive Focus Nerf – No longer reduces explosive damage from your own explosives
* Blinding Powder Adjustment – The ability to lock-on returns for both parties faster
EXPLOIT FIXES
 * Some had figured out ways to stay invisible without equipping the Arc Eclipse
* Players shouldn't be able to get through walls with the SPAS or the Arc Eclipse (you guys are probably better at doing this than we are, so you'll have to let us know)
* Armory Exploit is fixed this time – Thanks to those who explained how to still get it to happen!
BUG FIXES
 * Getting kicked out of Multiplayer Online when trying to join a full public game with a friend/rival
* Invasion Mode – We have fixed one of the crashes (and hopefully this covers all the crashes) in Invasion Mode. The fix comes at the cost of reducing the effectiveness of the Skimmers to nil. They are now unable to fire back at the player at all, and they hardly move. For those of you who play lots of invasion, please let us know if this fixes your crashes. In the meantime, we'll work on the skimmers. (We figured that non-functioning enemies were more acceptable than crashes.)

* Invasion Mode – Enemies that get stuck in out-of-map areas will be killed if they get into particular regions. Unfortunately, we may not have gotten all of the places where they can end up. Please let us know if you run into any more of these.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.