Author Topic: Virtual Console pricing  (Read 1567 times)

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
Virtual Console pricing
« on: June 03, 2011, 01:55:02 AM »
Today it was revealed that Super Mario Land will be $3.99 while Alleyway and Radar Mission will be $2.99 when the Virtual Console drops next week. By this precedent, GBC games will likely be $4.99 - $5.99 and GBA games, when they're finally released, will be $6.99 - $7.99. This structure also fits in pretty well with the pricing established on the Wii Virtual Console.

I could be wrong. Maybe GBC games will be the same price as original Game Boy games or $3.99 - $4.99 and then GBA games will also be a dollar cheaper. That would be ideal, actually. I don't think GBC games should cost more than NES games and I don't think GBA games should cost as much as SNES games. Still, if my structure above is correct, that's not terrible.

Also, no more points! You just spend exact money on each game like every other store ever. I think that's something we'll all be pleased about.

Your thoughts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Console pricing
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 02:03:34 AM »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 10:46:58 PM »
I was predicting $3 for Game Boy games, $5 for GBC, and $8 for GBA, so this isn't looking far off from that. At least they will be using a somewhat variable pricing scheme, it'll be interesting to see what other games have the $4 premium.

Offline GaMMa

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 08:23:25 PM »
I don't think the price is that steep. Angry Birds on Windows Phone 7 is $3 and for that price I'd rather play Kirby (which I've never played before).