Author Topic: Staff Sez: What is the Top Game on Your Backlog List Right Now?  (Read 3053 times)

Offline NWR_Josh

• The 23rd Buchan
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Staff Sez: What is the Top Game on Your Backlog List Right Now?
« on: January 17, 2014, 01:34:34 PM »

So many games and so little time! 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/roundtable/36370

Now that the holidays have come and gone it's time we got back to what's really important - video games. With all the new games that have come out, we've all got quite the helping on our proverbial plates. 

This week I asked the NWR Staff "What's the top game on your backlog list right now?" Here's what they said!

What's the top game on your backlog list? Tell us in the comments!

Neal "The Kingpin" Ronaghan

Persona 4 Golden and Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Alex "Carnage" Culafi

Been trying to beat Pushmo for a while now and I'm near the end. By the time you get to the final chapters, Pushmo pushes back.

Scott "Scorpion" Thompson

Finally putting the finishing touches on Persona 4 Golden, so it's nearly time to start A Link Between Worlds.

J.P. "Venom" Corbran

It's been a while, but I'm getting the urge to play through the second-best game of the 2000s, Metroid Prime.

Justin "Doctor Octopus" Berube

I started both, but need to finish The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.

Zach "The Green Goblin" Miller

Metal Gear Rising is slowly being completed.

Tom "Electro" Malina

SteamWorld Dig. Should have believed the people who sung its praises when it was first released.

Becky "Doctor Doom" Hollada

Etrian Odyssey. Never played it because of how long it took me to scrounge up money for my DS Lite way back when, and I got it for Christmas this year.

Danny "Sandman" Bivens

Too many games...but I'm going to try to tackle Link Between Worlds next. 

James "Rhino" Dawson

Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, I'm playing it in anticipation for Bravely Default.

Justin "Lizard" Baker

I still need to complete Pokémon Y! Every time I sit down to play it I just end up breeding Bulbasaurs and running around.

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Staff Sez: What is the Top Game on Your Backlog List Right Now?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 01:41:13 PM »
I started Wonderful 101, but then got distracted by several other games. It's been so long that I'll probably have to start it over. It was a mistake to quit though because I was having more fun with that than I did with the other games I've kept playing.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 02:24:16 PM »
I first read the question in the title to be "What is on top of your backlog right now"
to which I was gonna answer "Dust"

but since that's not what it says, I will answer Super Mario 3D World.
I started it, got to world 4 or 5 and haven't picked it up since.

Offline whitefinger

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 04:30:41 PM »
 My backlog is beyond ridiculous right now as I’ve primarily been playing Pokémon Y, but each time I play I waste time capturing Pokémon in whatever particular area I’m in at the time or hanging out in the battle chateau leveling up said Pokémon. I only have two badges! I need to move on to Mario 3D world and A Link Between Worlds soon. Plus, I have a ton of games for my PS3 and Vita through PS+ and the recent sale.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 09:30:37 PM »
I keep meaning to start Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate but have been told that if I don't play Tearaway I'll wake up with a horse's head in my bed.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Taffypool

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 09:46:31 PM »
Was tantalizing to 100%'ing de Blob 2 and Okami when the Wii finally crashed a cfew months back (it as a good seven years, old friend), so now I'm going back to those.

Next up on the backlog is The Last Story (at chapter 31...damn you, cave cougars!) and Metroid Prime: Corruption.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 11:39:46 PM »
The Wonderful 101. Possibly The Last Story.

Offline jarodea

• A man of the world, so suave and discrete, he trips over the women piled up at his feet
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 01:33:42 AM »
Dragon Quest VIII.  It's the oldest game in my backlog so the one I want to finish most.  I'm about halfway through (I think, I hope) but finding an hour+ block of time I can set aside to just play it is difficult.  I really enjoy it so it will remain as the top game in my backlog until I finish it.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 04:01:37 PM »
Times like this are when I'm glad I've accumulated a lot of unplayed games. I'm prepared for the dark times ahead for Nintendo.

Offline Nemo

• View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 09:28:27 PM »
I'm currently playing Mario's Picross (3DS VC), Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) and Rayman Legends (Wii U).

When my friend and I hang out, we've been playing Mario 3D World (Wii U) otherwise I'd have 100%ed that a long time ago.

After these games, I have many Wii U games I've yet to play through. I'd probably start with Pikmin 3.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 09:43:20 PM »
I've got Fire Emblem Awakening and Shin Megami Tensei in my backlog for when I complete Luigi's Mansion 2.

For Wii U, I still need to beat Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, and Rayman Legends before I pick up Mario 3D World and Wonderful 101.

I also have a handfull of Wii games (the rainfall games, MP Trilogy) and Xbox 360 and PS3 games collecting dust.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 09:43:32 PM »
I have a problem.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.