Author Topic: How long does it take you to write a post?  (Read 2806 times)

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
How long does it take you to write a post?
« on: August 23, 2008, 05:02:08 PM »
Who's quick and who's slow? Let's find out!

Here's what you do:

1) When you're ready to begin writing a post, get a random subject from the following website: http://www.zokutou.co.uk/randomword/

2) Write down what time it is.

3) Write a 2 paragraph post about your subject.

4) Write how much time has passed.

Ready? Go!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 07:17:00 PM by Wandering »
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline wandering

• View Profile
Re: How long does it take you to write a post?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 05:02:23 PM »
4:06:00 PM

Subscription

I've been thinking about getting a newspaper subscription. I know newspapers are old fashioned but I have a hard time reading news online. When I read a newspaper I read the important stories. But when I go to a news website I find that I only read the stupid fluff pieces. Why? Because a newspaper puts a bunch of stories in front of your eyes, and your natural reaction is to read them one after the other. But a website gives you a bunch of links, and your natural reaction is to look at those links and decide which stories you want to read. 'Hmm, do I want "30 PEOPLE DIE IN EASTERN UKRAINE", or "BUNNY RABBIT SAVES MAN FROM DROWNING"?' And then you wind up reading fun, interesting, and totally irrelevant stories instead of the boring, depressing, but important stories.

Okay this post is supposed to be two paragraphs long but I can't think of anything else to say. I guess one paragraph is fine.

Oh wait, this thing is two paragraphs long now.

Now it's three!

Four!

4:35:30 PM - 29 minutes 30 seconds.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 05:31:39 PM »
5:08 PM

Twists

I hate M. Night Shylamanamanaanan. Not because of ability to direct, I actual think some of his work is fantastic, but ever since The Sixth Sense, his writing has been atrocious. His twists are mostly to blame. I'm sure anyone who saw The Happening will agree that that movie especially had enormous potential. It started off disturbing, freaky, shocking, and awe inspiring. His direction and his ability to capture the scenes kept me almost TOO interested. Then as more questions were being answered it turned into the dumbest, least intelligent, almost political type of movie that allowed for no other afterthoughts other than "What the hell happened?" or "Why?" I'm honestly glad he's not writing the next three films he's directing; if you guys don't know, he's making the live Avatar: the last airbender trilogy.

But enough about M. Night, let's talk about that goofy ass dance that white people call "the twist." I couldn't imagine living in those days where twisting was the way a man and a woman would interact on the dance floor. Now-a-days you can basically have dry sex on the dance floor and I love it. Posting up against the wall and having a girl work her **** like a good damn car buffer is what I call dancing. It's just as good when she's actually facing me and titties are all up in my chest and face. NOW THAT'S DANCING. Not to say that I don't like other forms of dance, like salsa, meringue, and other Latin varieties. I like to dance just to have fun like anybody else; ****, I'll dance by myself if I have to. The point is though: if I'm talking to a girl and we find each other attractive, there's nothing like dirty dancing to get to know each other physically. It's especially enticing because everyone knows if you can dance, you are probably pretty good at having sex (this is especially true for girls, because of how crucial hip and lower back movement are to both dancing and sex).

I've think I'd said enough on this subject.

PEACE ;D

5:28 PM

20 mintues.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Maverick

• Internet newbie :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 06:31:46 PM »
Real men don't dance.

Time:  5 seconds.
Come play with my Twitter.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 06:34:51 PM »
5:27

Mysterious

I sometimes wonder why people have to be so mysterious in life.  Everyone has their secrets and that is understandable...if we knew everything about everybody we would go crazy, or probably be paranoid of our neighbors, and ourselves because we know what we are all capable of doing.
But, no this mysterious crap penetrates every aspect of our life, dectective stories, surprise endings, characters with hidden pasts, mystery prizes it is like we try to make our average every day events more exciting by adding mystery.

However, the reality is life is mundane, and there are very few mysteries.  Think about it...you pretty much know the schedule of your daily life.  Sure some of the details like what you are going to eat for lunch are unknown, but you wouldn't call that mysterious.  What more, you probably know the schedule and routine of your wife/girlfriend, most of the family you stay connected with, and most of your friends.  In general you even know the basic schedule of everyone in this world:  eat, sleep, work...not in that order, but sometimes.

So in the end, I think mystery is a good thing, but trying to be mysterious and pushing that on everyone is rather annoying.

End

5:33

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 09:53:43 PM »
7:46 pm.

Allocating

I thought I would give this little experiment a shot since my posting generally seems to take a long time. So, it might be interesting to see how long. Thus I click on the random word generator. I wonder what will come up? Money, food, or maybe videogames. Is it anything interesting like that? No. Allocating. The word I get is allocating. What am I supposed to do with that?

So know I find myself sitting here wondering how on earth this is going to make an interesting subject. Then it hits me. Instead of talking about allocating the word, I should just talk about my feelings on getting the word. Frankly, it allows me to write a post fast and still do the assignment proper. And quite frankly, I just don't have the time to allocate this diversion over other things I need to do so best to end it as soon as possible. Like now.

7:52 pm

6 minutes
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 07:23:45 AM »
Night time NWR is the best time. Nobody else is on so I could make a post in every category and have a complete string of "last posts" with my name on it.

...As long as a sneaky Australian doesn't mess things up.

bout a minute and a half.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 12:44:45 PM »
11:42

Hasty

I wouldn't want to write a hasty post...

Or would I?

11:42
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 10:53:29 AM »
My word was heaven, so I can't participate in this thread without breaking the rules.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 08:42:50 PM »
8:33

Digital

This makes me think about the digital transition coming in February 2009. It didn't really matter much to me until my internship. My partner and I worked on a side project to try and figure out why the Digital Converter boxes were blowing out forecast and how could Target better allocate them to keep them in stock. We looked at sales data by various Multi-Store Codes or MSCs. We found out a lot of interesting things about the subject during this time, and we really helped out the Business Anlayst in charge of that category. It made me feel really good to have helped out the department and so many of our guests. Also, the knowledge gained was fascinating enough to be its own reward; although, the paycheck helped.

I like digital clocks over analogue, but analogue is more classy, so I use those. I do wear a watch, but I'll more likely look at my phone. Speaking of which, it's getting kind of small. I should probably re-size it. I was also looking at this one watch that was really cool. I saw it on the internets. I think I might buy it. It's sharp and really classy looking. After this post, I think I'll go buy it. I can afford it, thanks to all that Target money, which will be gone by the end of the semester. Oh well, sighs and lols. Such is life.

8:41

8 Minutes
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline wandering

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 03:23:26 AM »
My word was heaven, so I can't participate in this thread without breaking the rules.

Aww. My entire reason for making this thread was to see if you were a slower writer than me.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 05:51:56 PM »
Fine, I'll try again.

4:40

Musical.

I don't know if it was just a random word association thing or if I'm just culturally bankrupt, but the first thing to come to mind was musical chairs.  I guess if I had to come up with something about musical chairs, it would be that it is one of the most appalling childhood games.  Why does dodgeball get all the attention and bad memories?  Just think about what musical chairs teaches children.  It's all about exclusion.  It teaches that there must always be an outcast.  There has to be an "us" and a "them."  It's reinforcing a society based on cliques and exclusivity when we should be teaching children to work together in spite of any differences they may have.

I tried to think of an alternative game that teaches togetherness, but it's difficult.  Most childhood games are about excluding others.  Duck duck goose is essentially a holocaust training simulator.  Red rover seems like a togetherness game, but it's really about capturing and brainwashing the enemy, or "winning their hearts and minds," if I may risk getting political.  I keep coming back to dodgeball.  In dodgeball, the weak are preyed on by the strong.  It isn't a matter of excluding people on some whim, but instead is simply a throwback to animalistic survival instincts.  Which of the two is really worse?

4:51

Eleven minutes, including proofreading and editing.