Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1553353 times)

Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #4675 on: May 15, 2014, 07:22:52 PM »
I barely remember the details, but was it a scene in the woods?

And no, I don't remember anything truly graphic in the movie.
It's a slower paced movie, but interesting.  It's more psychological than shocking in theme.

I liked the movie but yes that scene near the end when the girl took the cop into the woods I think went too far for my tastes. The movie was not graphic really at least not for the genre it was. I don't know how to do spoiler tags so I won't ruin anything for those who haven't seen it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:26:01 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: May 15, 2014, 07:35:59 PM »

It's a slower paced movie, but interesting.  It's more psychological than shocking in theme.

I liked the movie but yes that scene near the end when the girl took the cop into the woods I think went too far for my tastes. The movie was not graphic really at least not for the genre it was.
I figured it was the woods scene. I didn't remember exactly what happened, but I know something happened in the woods near the end that stuck with me, figured that's what you must have been talking about.

I don't know how to do spoiler tags so I won't ruin anything for those who haven't seen it.

Well today is your lucky day, because I made a thread a while back just for you and your particular issue.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=30575.0

« Reply #4677 on: May 15, 2014, 07:37:53 PM »

I liked the movie but yes that scene near the end when the girl took the cop into the woods I think went too far for my tastes. The movie was not graphic really at least not for the genre it was.
I figured it was the woods scene. I didn't remember exactly what happened, but I know something happened in the woods near the end that stuck with me, figured that's what you must have been talking about.

I don't know how to do spoiler tags so I won't ruin anything for those who haven't seen it.

Well today is your lucky day, because I made a thread a while back just for you and your particular issue.

ok got it. Yes I was referring to the part where the grown ass man has sex with the teenage girl in the woods near the end of the movie
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:41:17 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: May 15, 2014, 07:41:46 PM »

[­spoiler]test[/s­poiler]

test

not sure what happened with yours, but it looks right.
spell check says the second "spoiler" is spelled incorrectly though... weird.

« Reply #4679 on: May 15, 2014, 07:43:18 PM »
I just copy pasted yours and then realized I had to actually type it out by hand. I figured it out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4680 on: May 15, 2014, 08:09:28 PM »
I just copy pasted yours and then realized I had to actually type it out by hand. I figured it out.

Oh, my examples in that thread were done in special secret way so that you can see the tags without them taking effect.

But if you ever come across something that needs explaining, or isn't explained in there, let me know. I'm always down to add/update/elaborate if need be.
If I don't have the answer, I'll torture one of the Admin's to figure it out for me.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #4681 on: May 16, 2014, 09:34:45 PM »
This is all I'm gonna say:

YOU NEED TO WATCH GODZILLA IN THE BIGGEST THEATER YOU CAN FIND.

Possibly in my Top Ten.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: May 16, 2014, 11:32:34 PM »
IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL ;_;

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: May 17, 2014, 12:08:22 PM »
Godzilla has beat Cap 2 for best opening night of the year so
http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/box-office-godzilla-crushes-it-90m/

The Lizard is leaping. After the morning dust cleared, Godzilla showed a stronger than expected Friday late night take of $38.5M+ and is now estimated to haul in $98M+ after the three-day weekend. Warner Bros. touted that it beat Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($36.9M) to have the best opening day of the 2014.

In other news... The Amazing Spider-man 2 continues to underperform and may even fail to see a profit (according to the link)
The Amazing Spider-Man 2, now in third place after three weeks to take in an estimated $16.5M more for the weekend. Spidey’s cume is expected to reach around $172M+ this weekend and will definitely cross $600M worldwide. It needs to reach that magical $755M number to make a profit but Godzilla has definitely taken out more than its share of the domestic market, having scooped up the young male demo.

I broke the numbers down before, but the minimum they could have needed (assuming 50% of their marketing budget -$190M- was paid for by advertisers) before breaking even is $640M. Sony taking on the whole load ($225M production + $190 marketing = $415 total cost) would mean they need to make at least $830 Million before they start making a profit.

Now considering that recently Disney made a deal with Sony where Disney would purchase Sony's 50% stake in the Spider-man Merchandising (Disney strong armed them*) and Disney would in turn sell Sony back Marvel's 5% stake in Spider-man Box Office, Sony no longer can rely on money from the toys to offset their exorbitant spending on Spider-man should the movie not perform to previous movie numbers.... Well, it's not looking like it will, so now Sony will have to rely on DVD sales to make up the loss/profit.

*Disney threatened to pull all Spider-man merch from the shelves if Sony didn't agree. So essentially if Sony didn't agree, they would be getting 50% of nothing, because Disney controls the merchandise.
It appears this was all part of Disney's plan to compromise the profitability of Spider-man for a money strapped and struggling Sony, where Spider-man (& Bond) are the few highlights that the company have left.

Should this movie fail to make a profit, that may affect the next 3 Spider-man movies planned (Amazing Spider-man 3, The Sinister Six, and Venom) as budgets will need to be slashed and if the people aren't putting the required number of butts in the seats for Spider-man, then surely they won't do it for the rogues gallery when there will probably not be a whole bunch of Spidey in it to begin with.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: May 17, 2014, 01:19:08 PM »
Clever move, Disney. Hopefully things continue to falter for Sony.

And the deadline for FF ticks ever closer as well. With everything out of the way except for X-Men I am hoping they can work out something for cross-overs with less hands in the Marvel cookie jar.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

« Reply #4685 on: May 17, 2014, 08:43:30 PM »
Well I was planning on going to Spider-Man maybe I will wait for it to arrive on Netflix.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: May 17, 2014, 09:00:55 PM »
Live up to your namesake! Boycott all things Sony for the good of the Marvelverse!
My Game Collection

« Reply #4687 on: May 17, 2014, 09:04:28 PM »
ah but if you can't already tell I am also a Sony fan.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: May 17, 2014, 09:22:18 PM »
So you are also sony_gamefan_2012?
My Game Collection

« Reply #4689 on: May 17, 2014, 10:03:27 PM »
?no I just picked a random username because I just wanted to sign up for the forums when they were doing that best game of the last decade a month or so ago. But I am a fan of Sony in general they tend to make damn good products, not just movies and games.

I meant the if you can't tell part by reading my posts where I mention repeatedly how I like Playstation.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: May 18, 2014, 12:15:45 PM »
Don't wait for Netflix (that will be years). If you want to see the movie, see the movie. Don't go into it thinking about other people's reviews (good or bad).
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: May 18, 2014, 12:22:12 PM »
Go see Godzilla and then stick around for Spider-Man.
Or wait for X-Men and then stick around for Spider-Man.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: May 18, 2014, 02:41:29 PM »
I've got just a few quick thoughts on the films I've seen in the past couple of weeks.

Calvary - As John McDonagh's follow-up to the exceedingly funny 'The Guard', I was slightly disappointed by Calvary. Although Calvary is arguably a more ambitious film than it's precursor, The Guard was able to deftly combine drama and comedy in a way that felt tonally consistent. Calvary on the other hand sometimes feels jarring, and the characters that populate the film often seem to have been written with the sole intention of highlighting a different view on morality. Luckily the script is mostly great and the cast (especially Brendan Gleeson) is excellent.

The Raid 2 - The best collection of action sequences ever filmed. What else is there to say.

Locke - Putting Tom Hardy alone in a car for 85 minutes without a single car chase might sound boring, but this film really struck a cord with me. I don't want to spoil anything by saying exactly how the film is able to extract drama from such a seemingly mundane situation, but the combination of Hardy's performance and the big themes (heritage, responsibility, free will) at the centre of the story made for a pretty gripping film.

Frank - If you've read any of the press surrounding this release you'll probably know that the titular 'Frank', played by Michael Fassbender, is a conflation of several musicians and artists, most notably Frank Sidebottom and Captain Beefheart. I'm not familiar with any of the performers that 'Frank' is supposedly referencing, and can't therefore say to what extent the events depicted are based on true stories. With that said, I love this film!

The characters, the music, it's visual treatment, it's sense of humour, it's melancholy tone, the questions it raises about expression, and talent, and fame, and people's sense of entitlement...I love pretty much everything about this film and can't wait to see it again.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 02:51:08 PM by Pixelated Pixies »
Gouge away.

« Reply #4693 on: May 18, 2014, 04:14:00 PM »
Don't wait for Netflix (that will be years). If you want to see the movie, see the movie. Don't go into it thinking about other people's reviews (good or bad).

I was kidding, I plan on seeing it soon but I am more excited for X-Men right now than anything. Its just a matter of time and money mostly.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: May 18, 2014, 06:46:54 PM »
Godzilla. It's fucking awesome. If you haven't seen it and are not seeing it this second, then you are WASTING YOUR LIFE. GO FUCKING SEE IT NOW. RIGHT NOW.

I almost cried when I saw the tail plates start glowing blue.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4695 on: May 19, 2014, 08:18:19 AM »
I liked Godzilla, it was definitely a more serious take compared to the 1998 version (which i enjoyed for its ridiculous cheese).

The two point that got me in the film was the MUTAs needed nuclear energy to feed and gestate. If this is modern times, then there's two places on earth where there's plenty of it leaking out - Chernobyl, and Fukushima which is *already in japan!* - both of those would prevent it from going to the USA. But it's a western film so that's where it "had" to go.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: May 19, 2014, 09:50:36 AM »
I think an alternate universe where giant monsters exist can also not have an earthquake happen. This isn't our universe, so its safe to assume Fukushima didn't happen.

And technically, the male MUTO went to the US not for more radioactive material, but for the female one. You know, the one in the US.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: May 19, 2014, 10:47:20 AM »
I think an alternate universe where giant monsters exist can also not have an earthquake happen. This isn't our universe, so its safe to assume Fukushima didn't happen.

And technically, the male MUTO went to the US not for more radioactive material, but for the female one. You know, the one in the US.

It's a small nitpick. One that doesn't really take anything away from the story itself.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: May 19, 2014, 11:03:58 AM »
For those who have seen Godzilla.  My son has seen Pacific Rim.  Is it more or less for children friendly then that Movie?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #4699 on: May 19, 2014, 12:19:42 PM »
How old is your son, Ceric? A father and his son sat behind my group of friends and I when I saw it this past weekend, and one small utterance from his little kid (maybe 5 years of age) was, "Daddy, this movie is scary..."

I could see some of the scenes being terrorising for a small child. Godzilla's facial structuring has a small bit of a demonic flare to it. So, really, I don't know. Your call.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!