Author Topic: Episode 300: SPARTAAA!!!  (Read 17638 times)

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 300: SPARTAAA!!!
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2012, 10:34:28 AM »
But despite that, the Balance Board ended up with a small number of neat applications that were worth experiencing
Have you played Rock N Roll Climber? Not the best game, but absolutely worth experiencing if you have a Balance Board. :-)

It's funny how so many Wiiware games can simultaneously make me warn people that "it's not very good" while bringing a huge smile to my face as I recall the experience of playing them.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2012, 12:34:55 PM »
But despite that, the Balance Board ended up with a small number of neat applications that were worth experiencing
Have you played Rock N Roll Climber? Not the best game, but absolutely worth experiencing if you have a Balance Board. :-)

It's funny how so many Wiiware games can simultaneously make me warn people that "it's not very good" while bringing a huge smile to my face as I recall the experience of playing them.

WiiWare was good for that. A lot of novel ideas that didn't necessarily translate into good games but were ridiculous enough to be worth checking out. Let's Catch is on my "to buy" list after hearing it discussed in a recent podcast... I mean, that story description... WTF?
NNID: ejamer

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2012, 12:35:50 PM »

(I believe that Pixelated Pixes was at least half-joking with his response, but most people making those statements are totally serious. And they typically missed out on a bunch of really cool games because of those lame attitudes.)

I was of course half joking...but only half. I will admit that the balance board had some neat applications and I'm sure with a bunch of friends Shaun White was a hoot. I didn't mean to imply that either were of poor quality. I still maintain though that the Balance Board wasn't very cool (and that Shaun White the person is obnoxious). That probably has alot to do with how I felt about motion controls by the time the Balance Board was released. Any time I used my Balance Board I just felt...well, corny.
Gouge away.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2012, 08:01:54 AM »
This generation has been a strange one for me. While I was initially excited for the Wii and wanted one, circumstances had always pushed me back from getting one. For me, the DS had effectively filled in the Nintendo hole. Looking at the Wii now that I have access to one, it just isn't that appealing. Had I brought a Wii earlier, I would have been very dissatisfied with the whole experience. It just never had the one game the screamed "Get me, DO IT NOW" like the N64/GC before it by the likes of Goldeneye/Rogue Leader. While it had potential, it never set my imagination on fire.

However, instead of going PS360, I went PC/Mac instead which had more than satisfied the really "Big" game experience. It didn't help the PS360 looked like an endless desert of shooters of one variant or another. Sure there were a stand out here or there, but nothing ever worth buying a system for or dealing with the hang ups they had.

With the coming generation I looks to be a repeat with the 3DS filling Nintendo Quotient unless the economy drastically changes for the better.

In any case, congratulations on the big 3 double 0, but 5 hours....
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?