Author Topic: I got the Zelda bonus disc free (and legal), no preorder!  (Read 2563 times)

Offline Chrono

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I got the Zelda bonus disc free (and legal), no preorder!
« on: February 12, 2003, 07:48:40 PM »
I went to my "local" Target, it's an hour away from here (I was going there anyway though because I needed to get the next book in the Wheel of Time series, and no one around here has it), and low and behold, they had about six left, sitting on the ground behind the counter in a cardboard box decorated with the OoT/MQ art. I asked the woman behind the counter what I had to do to get one of them babies (you know, started taking off my shirt and...er, nevermind). I asked if I could have one if I preordered TWW, and of course she had no idea. Luckily a male employee was walking by just then and she asked him. He said that they were for the preorder but they didn't have any slips, so they were just giving them away. I didn't even have to preorder! I fell over backwards on my ass with glee, then realized I was actually standing, though I don't know how that was possible. I had gone in there only because someone in a different forum saying Target was giving them away for one cent, thinking that I would be disappointed, that they wouldn't have them at all, and came out with a free game! A couple teenagers had watched all of this with interest and took my lead, asking for the game, walking away happily. I was still trying to decide which I should kiss, the guy who gave me the game, or the cute blonde who knew nothing about it. I decided I should just walk away before they could change their minds. I wonder how Nintendo would react upon hearing that many Targets are doing this, taking away valuable preorders by giving the bonus disc for free?
So now on the 16th when Toys R Us starts handing out the discs, I'm going to go preorder TWW with 10 bucks (to insure I get TWW on release date as well as to get another disc), sell that one on Ebay, and then pick up TWW on March 28th (or sooner if it's anything like this bonus disc). People are actually paying upward of $30 bucks for this bonus disc! They have a technical term for that, it's "ignorance." These people are paying 20 or 30 or whatever, because they dont know they can get it either free, or by preordering Zelda. I love the casual gamer. I love Nintendo. I love this friggin country.

As for the movies on the disc, they are very cool, especially Zelda: TWW. It's pretty long and mainly shows what we've all seen in online downloads, but it's so much cooler seeing it on my 29" TV at home. Then there's F-Zero, MP, Wario World, TLoZ: ALttP/The Four Swords, 1080 Avalanche, and "Hot Clips" which is a whole bunch of short previews for various games.

I'm still pretty dumbfounded that I walked into Target and came out with a game, having spent no money. It's awesome.

Offline RahXephon

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 07:51:56 PM »
That is what makes this world a beautiful place.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 08:07:53 PM »
People need to freaking read.  I'm getting a little tired of this nonsense.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers